Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 03:15 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .....think View Post
You might be right but people of MA LOVE romney family because of his father. and Kaine is very popular there i would say it would tilt the favor however McCain hates Romney so he might not pick him and Obama might not pick Kaine

we can never know the future to come
Are you serious? MA is NOT going to vote republican anytime soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 03:21 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The country still officially in a recession, so that won't help Obama. And a lot of people still don't appreciate Obama for hanging around a non-repentent bomber and for not leaving his church with it's anti-American preacher until recently.
"Still" in a recession? When was a recession officially declared? And by whom?
Just wondering.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:31 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Polls can show us trends and the trend his Obama is falling on his face and quickly.

Don't forget, he lost to Hillary by landslide numbers once people figured out who and what he was and he has been going down hill since.

Obama is crumbling and fast.

Many reasons for it, everyone knows he will crush businesses, tax us to death, have tea with dictators, imposed a new UN tax on us all, start a new war, destroy families, and so much more.

The real Barry Nobama has risen and we are all seeing him for what he really is.

A Scam artist.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
"Still" in a recession? When was a recession officially declared? And by whom?
Just wondering.
It is a typcial scare tactic, the libs are losing it, so with them losing their line with the Iraq War they have to find something negative.

Recession, we are not in any recession, people around me have more money to spend then ever before, none of them are hurting one bit. New homes being built all around me, stores and malls going up as fast as they can build them. Jobs for anyone who wants one.

The only people who are in a recession are those who would vote for you NOBAMA who!!!!

If you want to see a real recession, vote for Obama, then you will see us in a depression with the tax mongers controlling the congress and the WH, we will go down quickly.

Come on, Pelosi and Reid promised us they would fix the prices of oil and all it has done is more then double. Broken promises and lies, now thats the dem partys.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
The country still officially in a recession, so that won't help Obama. And a lot of people still don't appreciate Obama for hanging around a non-repentent bomber and for not leaving his church with it's anti-American preacher until recently.
Please provide a link to your recession?

The only thing I see wrong with this country is the people who over burdened themselves with too much debt and bought houses they cannot afford.

Take those people out of the equation and we are rolling along just great.

Do you realize the economy was growing like wildfire until the loons took control of congress? They have done everything in their power to hurt us all and you do not see it?

Why wont they vote on oil drilling when the MAJORITY of people want them to? Guess they are not representing us, only themselves.

Why is it the loons of this country are so against corporations? Without them none of us would have jobs?

We need to stop the spending on social welfare handouts and force those blood sucking lazy butts to get a real job.

If you want to see a recession look at Obamas plans, they have the words R E C E S S I O N xxxxxxx excuse me, DEPRESSION written all over them.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:45 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Gallup Daily: Obama 45%, McCain 44%

I wonder what is going on?

His presumptuousness - prancing around Europe pretending to be CIC?

His failure to visit the troops in Germany?

His staged political rally on foreign soil?

His adamant and absolutely ridiculous position that he would STILL oppose the surge, forget about the success it has brought.

His adamant and absolutely ridiculous position that he will withdraw the troops, forget about what the generals say, the Iraqi military says, the Iraqi government says.
Obama is basically claiming he is some sort of a savior, The Messiah, if you will. The guy acts like a world citizen, then comes back to the USA and tries to play the "I am just a poor boy from Kansas" card, which is not flying.

Obama will continue to lose momentum. I will not be surprised to see McCain ahead in every poll in the next few weeks.

Lots of reliably liberal newspapers and even ABC TV news, which is at least 90% pro-Obama is saying Obama's ego is out of control and he is out of touch with reality.

Video of that: Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=2805331&maven_re ferralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/ - broken link)

Old 07-31-2008, 03:48 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Do you have a link to the official statement saying we're in a recession? I'd be interested in it.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:52 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Polls zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. If I recall, the polls had Kerry winning by a considerable lead. Polls mean nothing folks.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:53 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,455,013 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/calif...ere-works.html

Reading what is happening in CA today with all state workers getting minimum wage until the state can come up with the budget...this should scare those that want this "social services change" that Obama promises...lets see how the state of CA thinks about all this "everybody gets everything...oh wait, it has to be PAID for somehow" issue come November.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:56 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Obama is basically claiming he is some sort of a savior, The Messiah, if you will. The guy acts like a world citizen, then comes back to the USA and tries to play the "I am just a poor boy from Kansas" card, which is not flying.
link, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Obama will continue to lose momentum. I will not be surprised to see McCain ahead in every poll in the next few weeks.

Lots of reliably liberal newspapers and even ABC TV news, which is at least 90% pro-Obama is saying Obama's ego is out of control and he is out of touch with reality.

Video of that: Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=2805331&maven_re ferralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/ - broken link)
? this link goes to a Fox video talking about two people having sex on the beach.

Might you have a link to (1) ABC making the claim and (2) a graph or chart or study or report that proves ABC is "at least 90% pro-Obama"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections