Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:14 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
It is not spin it is a reality that many Americans are aware of. Making 300K is no big thing in many areas and I have lived in those areas.
Look, this isn't nearly as complicated as you are trying to make it.

He obtained a super jumbo mortgage loan, and if nobody who obtained loans from Northern around that timeframe got as good an interest rate as Obama he has a very significant problem.

The other stuff is "who cares". We should find out pretty soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 11:16 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Actually I just like all the attention I get at my competing banks when I do visit them. I am thinking of opening a third account, it makes me feel so important. Of course I am just kidding, not!

I actually just took out a small 15 year mortgage. I am not sure why it just felt good to have a mortgage payment.

My son-in-law just approached with a proposition of financing a couple of flips he wants to do before summer is over, he is a teacher. I would get a great return but I think the answer is no, I don't like the idea of possibly being a landlord if the market softens even more.
See you are getting there, now if you went into the bank and set down with a banker and told them you were going to consolidate your holding in one bank and help your son with a loan/co-sign, that just might get him a lower rate if you selected that bank.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:17 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
If Obama is found to have received favoritism in his mortgage agreement, vs other borrowers from that bank with super jumbo mortgages at the same timeframe, her massive promotion will get closer critical scrutiny.
They were given favoritism in many ways, loans just dropped with nothing owed, she got a 200k raise the day after, this loan which he was asked about and said they didnt receive any special treatment and then in a speech not to long ago said something like " How dare the mortgage companies do this to our people, when I become President I would look into the loan companies". ( Sure, we have heard this one before in 06)

What he lied about is he was already on the inside with his friend Johnson running the scamming process and Obama took favors at the same time Countrywide was screwing over people and taking homes back in record numbers.

This could be the back breaker, if he received any special treatment then he will be done. If we find out with proof and it will come out, if he did he should resign.

I told you all there is far more dirty laundry and skeletons in Obamas closets, it will all come out, just wait and see.

Something new everyday.

If someone can find his speech not long ago where he discussed going after the mortgage companies I would love to see the link to it, I cannot find it myself but I am sure someone here can.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Let's end it at that. We are arguing arm chair politics now.

Let's just make it happen at the polls.....no matter which side...everyone please vote and please be informed as possible.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
They were given favoritism in many ways, loans just dropped with nothing owed, she got a 200k raise the day after, this loan which he was asked about and said they didnt receive any special treatment and then in a speech not to long ago said something like " How dare the mortgage companies do this to our people, when I become President I would look into the loan companies". ( Sure, we have heard this one before in 06)

What he lied about is he was already on the inside with his friend Johnson running the scamming process and Obama took favors at the same time Countrywide was screwing over people and taking homes back in record numbers.

This could be the back breaker, if he received any special treatment then he will be done. If we find out with proof and it will come out, if he did he should resign.

I told you all there is far more dirty laundry and skeletons in Obamas closets, it will all come out, just wait and see.

Something new everyday.

If someone can find his speech not long ago where he discussed going after the mortgage companies I would love to see the link to it, I cannot find it myself but I am sure someone here can.

Yes don't forget the alleged illegal practices of the banks towards average joe.

All in good time.....hopefully as they say the truth comes out and sinners will suffer.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Look, this isn't nearly as complicated as you are trying to make it.

He obtained a super jumbo mortgage loan, and if nobody who obtained loans from Northern around that timeframe got as good an interest rate as Obama he has a very significant problem.

The other stuff is "who cares". We should find out pretty soon.
No the people who have a problem are the ones who bought variable rate loans they can't pay off now and are in foreclosure. They are the ones with no sense of economics who yes will be ticked and that is what is wrong with this country.Those who don't know how to function have equal footing in the booth with those who do. Obama is an intellectual elitist from Harvard I have said it before and will say it again. His buddies are Ivy League graduates and he may have gotten a low rate because of his Harvard connections as much as anything.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
But he is going with the "change"

can you seriously call this a change?
? I dont get the connection.His loan is completely in line according to the bank that lent him the money. His wife's salary wasn't blackmailed out of the U Chicago Hosp (or whatever other dark maneuvering). "Change" in what context?

Old 07-11-2008, 11:21 PM

People send your kids to elite colleges and they will become friends with the elite and enjoy a life of favorite status as a result. If Obama loses the book deal will be at least 10 million. How much will we get for ours?

Old 07-11-2008, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

Something new everyday.

Aggghhhh he wants to go after the banks for over charging not undercharging which is what this discussion is about. No you would feel better about him if he had a variable rate loan and was about to go into foreclosure wouldn't you?

Old 07-11-2008, 11:27 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
how is this for a thought. All of the scrutiny both candidates are going through is the prime reason why we have such weak ones. How many with law degrees from Harvard want to work for a Senators salary and pay full price for everything so they can become president and undergo a presidential campaign. Think about it no hookers and no affairs. Wow that eliminates how many politicians?
Both candidates have some issues, we all know that but one (Obama )seems to be having some farther reaching issues with potential corruption and criminal activities being a part of many of his issues.

None of them are running a perfect campaign but there are by far many more negs on the Obama side that people are really taking a second look at. See people take comments like Obama and his wife makes personally and then at in his problems with this, her raise, and all the other issues that has came up lately and it make a much better point to really look at him closely because of the dirty laundry.

I agree with other here, this needs to be addressed and someone needs to ask him directly, on camera and on tape to get a direct answer, heck better yet, go to the wife and ask her, she will cough it up or make a stupid comment that we can go on.

I see the lib media outlets are not covering this, uhmmmmmm

No one, even a PHD gets that kind of raise overnight when there are far better qualified candidates for that job then the one who got the raise. How conveninent this was.

Gosh, this couple is full of problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections