Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:33 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,068,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Both candidates have some issues, we all know that but one (Obama )seems to be having some farther reaching issues with potential corruption and criminal activities being a part of many of his issues.

None of them are running a perfect campaign but there are by far many more negs on the Obama side that people are really taking a second look at. See people take comments like Obama and his wife makes personally and then at in his problems with this, her raise, and all the other issues that has came up lately and it make a much better point to really look at him closely because of the dirty laundry.

I agree with other here, this needs to be addressed and someone needs to ask him directly, on camera and on tape to get a direct answer, heck better yet, go to the wife and ask her, she will cough it up or make a stupid comment that we can go on.

I see the lib media outlets are not covering this, uhmmmmmm

No one, even a PHD gets that kind of raise overnight when there are far better qualified candidates for that job then the one who got the raise. How conveninent this was.

Gosh, this couple is full of problems.
My God what about Harvard law school are you not familiar with and how many other candidates can you name?

USNews.com: America's Best Colleges 2008: National Universities: Top Schools

She went to both number one Princeton and number two Harvard. You base your conclusions on data or visible evidence that you interpret? How many of your family have degrees from each. I will share my Masters is from the Johns Hopkins University and yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 11:39 PM

PS she works at number 9. Now that her credentials are laid out ask yourselves how do yours compare. If you think that people who went to numbers 1 and 2 and work at number 9 are going to pay the same rate you do then you need to study the market place and under stand how commodities are priced and a loan is a commodity.

yes a commodity that can be bought and sold in secondary markets by the original lender and used to exchange for other goods and services by the borrower. Understanding that is the basis for negotiating price and cost when you want money.
They teach that at Harvard.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
Both candidates have some issues, we all know that but one (Obama )seems to be having some farther reaching issues with potential corruption and criminal activities being a part of many of his issues.

None of them are running a perfect campaign but there are by far many more negs on the Obama side that people are really taking a second look at. See people take comments like Obama and his wife makes personally and then at in his problems with this, her raise, and all the other issues that has came up lately and it make a much better point to really look at him closely because of the dirty laundry.

I agree with other here, this needs to be addressed and someone needs to ask him directly, on camera and on tape to get a direct answer, heck better yet, go to the wife and ask her, she will cough it up or make a stupid comment that we can go on.

I see the lib media outlets are not covering this, uhmmmmmm

No one, even a PHD gets that kind of raise overnight when there are far better qualified candidates for that job then the one who got the raise. How conveninent this was.

Gosh, this couple is full of problems.
How did you leverage your millions to improve your position?

Old 07-11-2008, 11:53 PM

Board of Directors
I wonder how many of them are Harvard or Princeton?

And the executive Vice President and portfolio manager?
Dudley received a B.A. degree from Harvard University. Prior to joining Northern Trust in his current position in October, 2000, he was chief executive officer and acting chief investment officer for Scottish Widows Investment Partnership, Ltd. in Edinburgh, Scotland. He joined Scottish Widows Investment Management in 1998 as chief executive officer and oversaw the organization's merger with Hill Samuel Asset Management to form Scottish Widows Investment Partnership in early 2000
Management Committee

And the management team? Wanna bet a Harvard/Princeton grad or two?

Mystery solved of how he got the sweet heart deal. Yes as we suspected it was probably the Harvard connection.

Steven L. Fradkin
Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer

Steven L. Fradkin is Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer at the Northern Trust Corporation in Chicago. In this capacity, he heads the Corporate Financial Management Group, which includes the responsibilities of the Controller, Treasurer, Head of Corporate Development, Director of Investor Relations, and Northern Trust's centralized strategic sourcing activities. Prior to assuming his current role, he led the international business at Northern Trust.
Mr. Fradkin joined Northern Trust in 1985, after graduating with a B.A. degree in economics from Washington University in St. Louis. He completed the Program for Management Development at Harvard Business School in 1994.

Old 07-11-2008, 11:54 PM

Yes parents save and send your kids to Harvard or Princeton and they will also make a lifetime of connections that will serve them well. Hey any of the top 20 National Universities will do the trick. Learn with the elite and prosper for life.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:46 AM

Obama Camp Disputes Report on Discounted Home Loan - America’s Election HQ

Perhaps the Obama smarts enables them to understand finance and secure the best loan possible and avoid debt. Now I and many others consider that admirable and a reflection of money management . Others might consider credit card debt ( Cindy McCain) in the multiple hundred thousand dollar range to be admirable I don't. Still others might consider 20 million in campaign debt for a losing effort (Clinton) to be admirable I don't. The beauty of America is as many of you have stated, the burden on the individual to manage their finances and some admire those who do it well and others let their politics reflect their jealousy.

Again perhaps this thread reflects the individuals money habits as they see others from their perspective.

Were Obama the one with the credit card debt/loan debt and a high interest loan I suspect some would see that as validation of their view of people and the world.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:50 AM
mga mga started this thread

230 posts, read 397,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Obama Camp Disputes Report on Discounted Home Loan - America’s Election HQ

Perhaps the Obama smarts enables them to understand finance and secure the best loan possible and avoid debt. Now I and many others consider that admirable and a reflection of money management I do. Others might consider credit card debt ( Cindy McCain) in the multiple hundred thousand dollar range to be admirable I don't. Still others might consider 20 million in campaign debt for a losing effort (Clinton) to be admirable I don't. The beauty of America is as many of you have state the burden on the individual to manage their finances and some admire those who do it well and others let their politics reflect their jealousy.

Again perhaps this thread reflects the individuals money habits as they see others from their perspective.
thier reply was hardly s dispute, but rather an admission:

But Obama spokesman Ben LaBolt told FOX News there was nothing unusual about the mortgage and that “anyone with the Obamas’ financial profile could have gotten the same rate on that mortgage

too bad many other americans couldn't get the same rates when they mortgaged. but, i liked that part about his "financial profile". i've always had perfect credit, but apparently my "financial profile" wasn't the same as obama's and i didn't get a break on my mortgage.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mga View Post
thier reply was hardly s dispute, but rather an admission:

But Obama spokesman Ben LaBolt told FOX News there was nothing unusual about the mortgage and that “anyone with the Obamas’ financial profile could have gotten the same rate on that mortgage

too bad many other americans couldn't get the same rates when they mortgaged. but, i liked that part about his "financial profile". i've always had perfect credit, but apparently my "financial profile" wasn't the same as obama's and i didn't get a break on my mortgage.
Try again share with the world at least us truthfully how much money did you have to invest with the bank? Now compare that with Obama and how do you compare and how well did you leverage what you had to get your rate? Please share and if you could release or include a financial statement so we can verify your millions as he did.

Did you do it by mail or did you sit down with a friendly loan officer and show them financial statements of current financial wealth, future earnings etc etc etc. Did you go to the same college as the Bank Vice President (Harvard in this case)? It takes money to save money. When you go into your bank to do anything and have the them call your account up and see the balances, do you then get the royal treatment? Many people do and even more don't. Do you strive to be above average or settle for average for you and your children. Harvard is the elite of the elite and not for the average or even near average. Thus the fruits of their labor are with them for life. If you lose your job will you get a book contract? If he loses the election I bet he gets one with a payout at least in the 10 million range guaranteed. life ain't fair nor are interest rates.

Old 07-12-2008, 06:59 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,122,358 times
A House beyond his means--and a Shady Deal!

When Iraqi-born billionaire Nadhmi Auchi attended an April 3, 2004 reception for himself at Tony Rezko's home, White House hopeful Barack Obama, and his wife, attended the reception.

Stuart Levine testified in the Rezko trial that Auchi is the man who provided Rezko a $3.5 million loan that Rezko did not disclose to the court -- resulting in his January arrest.

"Mr. and Mrs. Obama were there, were they not?" Rezko lawyer Joseph Duffy asked.

"Yes, sir," Levine said.

So, Tony has a meeting with the billionaire and Barack Obama was there. Then the billionaire loans Tony money, $3.5 Million Dollars!. Then Tony helps Barack get a deal on a house?

*So could the money that Tony borrowed have been used to get the house deal?

*Was Tony nothing more than a go between guy?

*Did Barack promise the Iraqi Billionaire anything?

Barack had told his real estate agent that he could not afford the house. He had also mentioned to business associates and friends that the house was beyond his means.

Tony Rezko helps the Obamas get a sweet deal on "The House"

Testimony at Rezko's trial indicated that at least part of the 3.5 million dollars went to Obama for the mansion. Evidently part of it also went into Obama's campaign according to Rezko's own testimony.

The Obamas bought the house for $300,000 less than the listed price. The Rezkos purchased an adjoining lot for more than the listed price. In addition Rezko paid $14,000 for a privacy fence between the two properties.

Auchi is a British citizen who was born in Iraq. He is considered one of the richest men in England according to some sources, He has served time in prison in France for attempted bribery of a government official. He is known to have ties to arms dealers around the world and may have made money supplying weaponry.

Old 07-12-2008, 07:15 AM

You folks use your elite school research skills and discover what the people who sold Obama the home had to say about both deals and why they wanted settlement the same day and how they offered the properties separately and how they had different bids as one was just land and the other land with a house etc etc etc. Again it is higher level finance in operation and it is becoming clear to me that...............

Obama made three bids before his was accepted. Geez but I know you wise money managers go out and pay list price for everything and don't negotiate loans etc. Yup developers buy land to parcel out and resell and was one piece of the property structured for sale to a developer and the other for home ownership. But then again that involves real estate and real estate developers. I am sure none of you consult with your developer friends before leaping as that involves knowing them. Gotta get ready for my elitist vacation. Yes I did shop around for the best rental rates. Should I have paid top dollar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections