Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:26 AM

775 posts, read 581,400 times

Advertisements

Political Radar: Bill Angrily Defends Hillary's Healthcare History

The tone is missing in this article, but I heard it on the radio today. I think he's losing it. His private comportment is becoming more revealing in public and certainly does not help his wife as she fights to stay in the race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2008, 09:33 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,005,512 times
Go, Bill, Go!

The more he does this, the more it ticks people off and gets them to the polls. To vote for Obama. So it's a good thing.

The more he does this, the more McCain can't score media attention. So it's a good thing.

And I'd much rather see a candidate's spouse do this than watch a candidate humiliate herself. Especially when it's the spouse of a candidate who's no longer being taken seriously.

Almost makes me wonder if he's doing it on purpose... like a rodeo clown.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:39 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,814,482 times
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Bill is actually doing this insane stuff intentionally to hurt his wife. I don't think he can hang around for another 4 - 8 years so his wife can run again. He's out there pleading for his divorce!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,629,434 times
Hillary lost her bid because she and Bill, when exposed to prolonged scrutiny, could not avoid acting like the totally self-absorbed egotists they truly are. The public finally began looking beyond Hillary's "thousand faces" from which she would draw one for each public appearance, morphing into whatever ephemeral phase would please her audience at the moment.

The Clintons are all bluster and no substance. And that isn't good enough this time. More people are paying attention, due to the horrible problems created by choosing Bush the past two elections.

And contrary to the Clintons' assumption, America doesn't "owe" them another term in the White House. The two they already had were far more than the country needed.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:08 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,814,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Hillary lost her bid because she and Bill, when exposed to prolonged scrutiny, could not avoid acting like the totally self-absorbed egotists they truly are. The public finally began looking beyond Hillary's "thousand faces" from which she would draw one for each public appearance, morphing into whatever ephemeral phase would please her audience at the moment.

The Clintons are all bluster and no substance. And that isn't good enough this time. More people are paying attention, due to the horrible problems created by choosing Bush the past two elections.

And contrary to the Clintons' assumption, America doesn't "owe" them another term in the White House. The two they already had were far more than the country needed.

I thought campaigning on the back of a pick up truck was the lowest of all!

Old 05-09-2008, 10:21 AM

15,402 posts, read 29,005,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
He's out there pleading for his divorce!
Oh please let this be true.

Not that I want to see anyone get a divorce, but if it's in the cards for the Clintons let the divorce war take place between now and November.

And let it be a knock-down, dragged-out, scandal-filled event that will:

1) Satisfy the media's need for gossip, so that the campaigns are more focused on the issues.

2) Satisfy Hillary's need to be "Rocky." Let her emerge victorious, and then start a whole new chapter in her life. And she can write a book about the whole thing to cover her campaign expenses.

3) And Bill will then be free to become a full-time, philosophizing, scandalous, sax-playing scalliwag. The perfect role for him. A divorce would let him play this role with relish.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:55 AM

18,747 posts, read 33,494,758 times
I don't get why people would be so excited about Hillary being a "fighter." She's fighting for her own ego satisfaction, not to get anything done, and she'd tear the gristle off her own bone with fanged teeth to be a fighter. Oh, yes, she'll "fight for you." Where's any evidence of that?
I have never been so tired of "the Clintons" as I've been this year. I voted for Big Dog twice and thought him a fool for horndogging, but didn't feel this overwhelming sense of "Don't go away mad, just go away."

Old 05-09-2008, 11:19 AM

36,693 posts, read 67,721,788 times
Bill Clinton still has my admiration and respect. He was a great President and I hate to see him and Hillary like this.

But it truly is time to bow out graciously.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:18 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,132,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Bill Clinton still has my admiration and respect. He was a great President and I hate to see him and Hillary like this.

But it truly is time to bow out graciously.
My sentiments exactly.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:39 PM

439 posts, read 607,034 times
I find it funny when I heard this because for someone that states in her stump speeches that she can and has worked across the aisle to get many things through she has never been able to get this through. How many years has she been talking about this. Same as the gas tax holiday she talks a lot about it but she has presented nothing to the congress and now what we are 2 weeks away from this great holiday. I don't question her on trying with healthcare but if it was such a good plan then why was it not passed. And why was it all done behind closed doors. I think Bill should have handled himself better then he did being a former president and all. I also noticed that when pushed into a corner they always seem to come up with putting the blame on someone else like the Republicans. If it was a good plan then even the republicans would not have blocked it. The failure of the 5 Million jobs that she promised NY was all Al Gore's fault. They never take responsibility for any failures do they.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections