Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2008, 12:22 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,459,766 times

Advertisements

Bill Clinton As Victim: Says His Message is “99.99″ Percent Positive:

As he greeted voters at the Meadow lake polling station, a woman greeted him and said, “You’re doing’ good.
Just watch what you say.”
If Mr. Clinton’s assertions have been “99.99″ percent positive and he hasn’t said anything inaccurate, than he must be the most MISUNDERSTOOD MAN in America.

here’s New York Times’ columnist Bob Herbert,
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/26/opinion/26herbert.html?_r=3&ex=1359090000&en=3d23612479d0d 222&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin&ore f=slogin&oref=sloginThat [previously respectful tone of the Democratic campaign] has been lost, undermined by a deliberate injection of ugliness, and it would be very difficult to make the case that the Clintons have not been primarily to blame.

The Clinton camp knows what it’s doing, and its slimy maneuvers have been working.

Bob Kerrey apologized and Andrew Young said at the time of his comment that he was just fooling around.
But the damage to Senator Obama has been real, and so have the benefits to Senator Clinton of these and other lowlife tactics.

It makes one wonder whether they have any understanding or regard for the corrosive long-term effects — on their party and the nation — of pitting people bitterly and unnecessarily against one another.

Jonathan Chait, senior editor at The New Republic.

Yet, in a column in the Los Angeles Times he writes: (http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-chait26jan26,0,7890763.column - broken link)
Something strange happened the other day. All these different people — friends, co-workers, relatives, people on a liberal e-mail list I read — kept saying the same thing: They’ve suddenly developed a disdain for Bill and Hillary Clinton. Maybe this is just a coincidence, but I think we’ve reached an irrevocable turning point in liberal opinion of the Clintons.
The big turning point seems to be this week, when the Clintons slammed Obama for acknowledging that Ronald Reagan changed the country.
Everyone knows Reagan changed the country.
Bill and Hillary have said he changed the country.
But they falsely claimed that Obama praised Reagan’s ideas, saying he was a better president than Clinton — something he didn’t say and surely does not believe.

Clinton supporter and Black Entertainment Television founder Robert L. Johnson invoked Obama’s youthful drug use.
This was disgusting on its own terms, but worse still if you know anything about Johnson. I do — I once wrote a long profile of him. He has a sleazy habit of appropriating the logic of civil rights for his own financial gain.
He also has a habit of aiding conservative crusades to eliminate the estate tax and privatize Social Security by falsely claiming they redistribute wealth from African Americans to whites.

The episode reminded me of the Clintons’ habit of surrounding themselves with the most egregious characters: Dick Morris, Marc Rich and so on.

The Wall Street Journal published a gloating editorial noting that liberals had suddenly learned “what everyone else already knows about the Clintons.” (By “everyone,” it means Republicans.)
It made me wonder: Were the conservatives right about Bill Clinton all along?

Washington Post columnist Colbert I. King whose column MUST be read in full because he lists specific items that Mr. Clinton apparently forgot.

Bill Clinton As Victim: Says His Message is "99.99" Percent Positive

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 12:27 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,426,296 times
Clinton obsession from those that claim to loathe them continues......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections