Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama has revealed his anti-gun bias against law-abiding people. Does this make YOU:
More likely to vote for Obama because he is anti-gun for law-abiding citizens. 2 4.17%
Less likely to vote for Obama because he is anti-gun for law-abiding citizens. 9 18.75%
I will vote for Obama no matter what, even if he were to murder someone. 1 2.08%
I will NEVER vote for Obama, no matter what, even if he is hailed as the Messiah. 34 70.83%
Not sure / don't know. 2 4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:40 PM

881 posts, read 1,594,862 times

Advertisements

People, this is yet ANOTHER wake-up call for America. Obama is now revealing his true intentions... and basically admitting he was telling LIES when he said he wants to respect the 2nd Amendment.

He is calling for a ban on concealed carry permits so that only drug dealers, murderers, child molesters, and other members of his voting block can terrorize law-abiding US citizens.

Here is the evidence:

“I am not in favor of concealed weapons,” Obama told the Pittsburgh Tribune. “ --> see link

But BEFORE he flipped into his real anti-gun, liberal mode, Obama LIED and deceived voters in Idaho saying he would not "take away the folk's guns". Typical liberal lie. Here is the report of what Obama said before he changed his position, before he changes his position again... maybe in two weeks??

Mr. Obama, how is doing away with Concealed Cary permits not affecting "the rights of the folks to have guns"??? Do you not know these permits protect law-abiding people and their families? You hypocrite, liar. The voters in Idaho will remember your deceit and so will others in key states like Florida!!

Here is the article when Obama says he won't take the folk's guns:
Political Radar: Obama Talks Guns to Idaho Crowd

Full article:
Political Radar: Obama Talks Guns to Idaho Crowd

What do YOU think of Obama's flip on the gun issue?? I am not surprised, he has always been against law-abiding citizens having guns and allowing drug dealers and their like to have guns. It is the liberal way.

Does this make you more likely or less likely to vote for Obama?? Why?

Last edited by Fun2Day; 04-05-2008 at 08:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 08:48 PM

881 posts, read 1,594,862 times
Folks, one side note:

You should ONLY pick the "more likely" and "less likely" option if you are either UNDECIDED OR YOU ARE NOT VOTING FOR HIM RIGHT NOW AND THIS NEWS FLASH AFFECTS YOUR DECISION.

People who are definitely voting for or against Obama, should pick the two other options, as this has no effect on you.

Sorry about the caps, but this is important. Thanks!

Old 04-05-2008, 08:48 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,128,008 times
Obama changes his position by what he thinks his audience is going to be receptive to.

He told a SC audience during their primary that he was against restrictions on concealed carry. Now, in PA he's saying he is for those restrictions.

In January he said he would have all the US troops out of Iraq within a year. In March he said there may be some US troops in Iraq for several years.

He's going to screw up one of these days, get his audiences mixed up and say something they don't want to hear.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:55 PM

380 posts, read 1,062,413 times
The Oprah pulls Obama's strings, what the Oprah wants, Obama does, he obeys the Oprah as all of us will soon be forced to do. Our foreign policy will be the World According to the Oprah

Old 04-05-2008, 08:58 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,464,581 times
The poll is ridiculous and has a distinct bias towards Obama and his supporters. I only need to cite the murder option as an example.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:30 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,108,845 times
This is the issue I have stated 1000 times why I will never vote Obama.
Have read years worth of his gun stances and they are more extreme than Ted Kennedy.
I'm not a packing member of the NRA or anything, but have the knowledge that gun control=higher crime. Studies back this and yet Obama panders to the city folk who are terrified that a law abiding citizen be allowed the right to carry.

Funny thing is - city people are more prone to crime, yet tend to be the most anti-gun. Go figure!

Old 04-05-2008, 10:05 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,628,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
Obama changes his position by what he thinks his audience is going to be receptive to.

He told a SC audience during their primary that he was against restrictions on concealed carry. Now, in PA he's saying he is for those restrictions.

In January he said he would have all the US troops out of Iraq within a year. In March he said there may be some US troops in Iraq for several years.

He's going to screw up one of these days, get his audiences mixed up and say something they don't want to hear.
Maybe he learned this from Bush? Or Clinton? Or any other president in the last 232 years?

Old 04-05-2008, 10:10 PM

11,581 posts, read 14,004,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
The poll is ridiculous and has a distinct bias towards Obama and his supporters. I only need to cite the murder option as an example.
Hmm...I thought that option was hilarious!

Old 04-05-2008, 10:42 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,998,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I'm stumped on what you mean by the "murder option"?...But, if you are referring to murder statistics, very few people who legally carry concealed weapons commit murder. Certainly far fewer than the ones carrying illegal weapons.

Though in all fairness, legal handguns in homes are weapons in many tragic deaths - such as accidental shootings, suicides, etc...

But, people that legally carry concealed weapons on the streets usually do so for very good reasons...And, that is why they are given licenses to do so...

Banning concealed weapons will place handguns only in the hands of criminals - The government will never gain control over them - Certainly not this government, that can't stop 20 million people from walking across it's borders. They are a lot bigger than hand guns...

And, if you don't think that there will be an ongoing enterprise, think of the drug trade....Think of the shipping containers coming from the Peoples Republic of China into US ports with illegal automatic weapons (that have been found by US Customs)...

The USA has plenty of real enemies that would gladly fill the hands of criminals with guns, to use against an unarmed US population.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:19 PM

523 posts, read 1,286,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
This is the issue I have stated 1000 times why I will never vote Obama.
Have read years worth of his gun stances and they are more extreme than Ted Kennedy.
I'm not a packing member of the NRA or anything, but have the knowledge that gun control=higher crime. Studies back this and yet Obama panders to the city folk who are terrified that a law abiding citizen be allowed the right to carry.

Funny thing is - city people are more prone to crime, yet tend to be the most anti-gun. Go figure!

Gun Deaths Drop in Michigan as Concealed Carry Permits Rise

"Six years after new rules made it much easier to get a license to carry concealed weapons, the number of Michiganders legally packing heat has increased more than six-fold.
But dire predictions about increased violence and bloodshed have largely gone unfulfilled, according to law enforcement officials.

The incidence of violent crime in Michigan in the six years since the law went into effect has been, on average, below the rate of the previous six years. The overall incidence of death from firearms, including suicide and accidents, also has declined."

Michigan sees fewer gun deaths — with more permits [Archive] - THR

Also interesting:

Academic studies of concealed weapons laws that generally allow citizens to obtain permits have shown different results. About two-thirds of the studies suggest the laws reduce crime; the rest show no net effect, he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections