Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama has revealed his anti-gun bias against law-abiding people. Does this make YOU:
More likely to vote for Obama because he is anti-gun for law-abiding citizens. 2 4.17%
Less likely to vote for Obama because he is anti-gun for law-abiding citizens. 9 18.75%
I will vote for Obama no matter what, even if he were to murder someone. 1 2.08%
I will NEVER vote for Obama, no matter what, even if he is hailed as the Messiah. 34 70.83%
Not sure / don't know. 2 4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 11:27 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,629,064 times

Advertisements

He has flip flopped and lied so much I cannot even keep track anymore.
Problem is the media darling is being protected by our media monsters.

I keep saying it and will say it again, his real self will keep coming out and those Obama fans will see what the rest of us see in this stiff suit man.

I think he even lies more then Hillary. At least Hillary has been to countries that are our friends while Obama has a tendacy to go to the countries who are our enemies. Uhmmmm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 12:22 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,328,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Maybe he HOPES to CHANGE the guns so they won't kill people.
Or maybe he would like to leave us defenseless.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:46 AM

38 posts, read 150,009 times
I have an interest in international politics and follow the US election closely. I watch the Today programme, US news programmes, and hardly ever miss Tim Russert in 'Meet the Press' on cable TV.
I am British and have seen the 'Obama' type before in my own ex-prime minister Tony Blair! Trying to be all things to all men, but in the end pleasing nobody!!!!!!
"Change you can believe in" How crass! What does it mean please? As you Americans say "Where's the Beef"?
This man will be a lightweight disaster if he is elected.
As a very wise old boss of mine used to say of some, and it applies here " He's like a big fluffy meringue, open it up and there's nothing of substance inside"

Old 04-07-2008, 12:46 AM

881 posts, read 1,595,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Just like Rosie. Harp against the evil of others legally possessing guns for safety while surrounding yourself with gun toting protection. It's a liberal manta; do as I say, not as I do. Obama and his wife have taken this to a whole other level.
I hear ya. Wanna know something funny? Sarah Brady, a liberal massive anti-gun activists (anti-gun for law abiding people, crackheads and drug dealers can have all the guns they want) gave a 30 out 6 (a HIGH powered RIFLE) to her son!!! This would be a crime under the Brady act, which Bush helped end See: Sarah Brady - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

These people are hypocrites. Hypocrisy is the pillar of liberalism. This is the same hypocrisy we see with Obama, Hillary, Ted Kennedy, John Kerry and all the other liberals who can have free armed security while they want every law-abiding citizen to be disarmed so they can turn these citizens into peasants. That is what they did in Nazi Germany, Russia, China, and all the other "civil liberty-loving" countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaz741 View Post
hhmm...looks like people are loosing hope for hussein....
He will be all over. If the Dems pick him over Hillary, it's all over, McCain will be President.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
It seems to me that all I hear about from people is that they want gun control. I don't, but that is what I am hearing. I hope the Supreme Court rules that it is okay to carry a gun with a permit.

I don't think that Obama or anyone can pass these laws on their own. That is why I am not so concerned. It has to be voted on, etc. Americans are not going to give up their guns anyway. What will they do, go house to house? Well, any more that is possible.

Mitt Romney would have been a much better candidate than McCain, that is for sure. I won't vote for McCain no matter what, but I will vote for Hillary over him any day, even with all of her lies.

But I don't believe that Obama was totally against us owning guns. And if he were it wouldn't make any difference because he wouldn't have the power to change the law. Only the Supreme Court has that power to intrepret the 2 amendment, and they are doing that at this moment. but if they weren't, then it would still have to go through the Supreme Court and then to the Senate. By June, I think, the Supreme Court will have made that decision.
Obama could use the ATF to harass, arrest, file bullcrap criminal complaints against gun shop owners, etc. That is what Bill Clinton did.

The president can issue "Executive Orders" and can force Congress into drafting legislation. The truth is that an anti-gun president CAN do damage.

That is why Obama MUST be defeated in 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Gun control means hitting your target. I will NEVER vote to put a gun grabber in the White House, even if I agree with him on every other issue. My 2nd Amendment rights are way too important to me.

Regarding some of the comments on this thread that the majority of the American public wants more restrictions on guns, I'd like to see some stats to back up your claims. It seems to me that most Americans are smart enough to realize that increased gun control will only take guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens who just want to protect themselves. The criminals aren't going to give up their guns just because some new law asks them to.
There is NO evidence people want more gun control. As you say, "Gun control means hitting your target".

Don't forget that Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun (or the guns of millions of Americans) even have!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
Yep! I posted a slew of studies on that gun thread and Michigan backs up what the others have said thanks for posting this one.

I'm all for dropping the hammer on criminals and illegal possession and that is where the focus needs to turn.
Michigan's population lays primarily in Detroit, a center of gun violence, because 99.9% of guns there were obtained in the street corner, from a crack user or drug dealer. Therefore, folks in the city are opposed to gun ownership.

Head outside Detroit, and people are 100% pro-gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
Obama has taught Constitutional Law. He should know that the second amendment protects all the others.
He was never a professor, it was another one of his lies. He knows the 2nd is an individual right, but as a good liberal, he doesn't give a crap about individual rights. He wants total government control and UN power over the US. The UN is rabidly anti-gun, that is probably why Obama is so anti-legal-guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiemeister View Post
First Obama wants to disarm America and now he wants to disarm its citizens! I guess the terrorist and criminals will like that. Sometimes you gotta wonder about Obama... a little scary in my opinion. Sounds like we will be sitting ducks. Not everybody wants to be our friend. War and crime will always exist and I plan on protecting myself. Kill or be killed. What end do you want to be on?
This is common sense. Obama has none. People who think the cops have an obligation to protect individuals are crazy. The Supreme Court has already ruled on it. The cops only REACT to crimes (meaning they can TRY to arrest the criminals after the crime has been committed). Therefore, you will be raped/robbed/killed/all over the above first before cops do anything. IF they do anything.

Guns are your first line of defense against crackheads and rapists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
And here's the rub. They don't take the illegal guns off the streets now do they? Does anybody really think the hoodlums, thugs, and criminals will just sweet-as-you-please turn their guns in?

They only prevent law-abiding citizens from obtaining the gun of their choice.
Never. Every gun ban to date has failed, because crack heads remain armed and terrorize the citizens. It's amazing, these people don't get it. Go to London or Paris and see if gun bans work! Hah! More guns on the streets there than NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Maybe he HOPES to CHANGE the guns so they won't kill people.
LOL Maybe he will charm guns into not firing!! Or he will try to propose laws to make all guns be sold without receivers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
He has flip flopped and lied so much I cannot even keep track anymore.
Problem is the media darling is being protected by our media monsters.

I keep saying it and will say it again, his real self will keep coming out and those Obama fans will see what the rest of us see in this stiff suit man.

I think he even lies more then Hillary. At least Hillary has been to countries that are our friends while Obama has a tendacy to go to the countries who are our enemies. Uhmmmm.
We need to start a barack obama - Google Search website so we can start keeping track. I, too, am having a hard time following which lie he has said this week and the different things he tells different crowds while campaigning, depending on which crowd he is in front of.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:29 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,202,332 times
Obama says whatever he thinks the particular group he is standing in front of wants to hear. Flip flop, flip flop.
He talks out of both sides of his mouth.
I am a democrat but our choices this election are poor.
Hillary has been caught in some lies. And do you really think world leaders who want do us harm would take her seriously? If she gets a phone call at 3:00 a.m it is probably from Bill wanting her to forgive him for being out so late.
McCain would just be the third Bush term. What a catastrophy that would be.
Guess I won't vote at all.
I don't see a real leader in the group that can do what needs done for our country.
I think I'll write in a vote for my wife.
She has some common sense and no big money or power people know her and she doesn't owe anyone any favors.
Big money and power people will decide the election anyway.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:30 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,202,332 times
Obama says whatever he thinks the particular group he is standing in front of wants to hear. Flip flop, flip flop.
Hillary has been caught in some lies. And do you really think world leaders who want do us harm would take her seriously? If she gets a phone call at 3:00 a.m it is probably from Bill wanting her to forgive him for being out so late.
I don't see a real leader in the group that can do what needs done for our country.
She has some common sense and no big money or power people know her and she doesn't owe anyone any favors.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:11 AM

17,765 posts, read 39,902,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhu View Post

Vote, please, vote. You can write in your wife and there are others running for office too. You could probably have a bigger impact by voting for senators and reps.

I know a lot has been said, guilty as charged, but voting is our right and should be exercised whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:49 AM

1,425 posts, read 3,328,778 times
Yet another poll that indicates that 69% won't vote for Obama "no matter what"... I think the tide is changing for Mr.Obama. If he is somehow miraculously elected president people won't like him because of his suspected racism and the unfair tactics he used to win... like not letting Michigan and Florida vote. He will have to be one heck of a President to prove himself and I don't see anything about him that is great. He seems weak to me.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:51 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,828,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
The Oprah pulls Obama's strings, what the Oprah wants, Obama does, he obeys the Oprah as all of us will soon be forced to do. Our foreign policy will be the World According to the Oprah
Money talks, BS walks !!

Old 04-07-2008, 06:39 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,110,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
IMichigan's population lays primarily in Detroit, a center of gun violence, because 99.9% of guns there were obtained in the street corner, from a crack user or drug dealer. Therefore, folks in the city are opposed to gun ownership.

Head outside Detroit, and people are 100% pro-gun.
Same as NYS, NYC is very anti-gun, head upstate and you are back in low crime, gun carrying territory. NYC has the harshest CCL process I know of.

Which is why NYC leans Dem in elections, upstate traditionally goes Republican. Bodes well for McCain cause if Obama gets the nod I seriously doubt he will be able to carry NYS being that liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections