Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 10:54 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,009,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
That's it? Wow.
Calm down not everyone jumps on CD all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 11:27 PM

8,058 posts, read 10,656,443 times
I just find it amusing that when you ask for positive input from John McCain supporters, you get the equivalent of a cyber "blank stare", a couple of "sound byte" pat answers, or a "lesser evil" type explanation. No actual discussion or real debate on what he may bring to the Presidency if elected. I'm actually disappointed the Republicans did not nominate a better, younger, more inspiring and conservative candidate. I guess most Republicans are too. Didn't they have ANYONE in their ranks who could have brought a fresher perspective to represent the GOP? Same stale old white guys all the time.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:46 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,293,406 times
IMO, ALL the candidates SUCK - there is not a really good one in the bunch.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:59 PM

Oh did i not go into enough detail?

Well McCain seems to have to best grasp on Iraq and what to do now.

He is against abortions. (no need to get into it)

He is for middle class tax cuts. (not raising taxes on the wealthily) I like this because the wealthy are the spending class of this country. My grandfather fall into this class and injects massive amounts of money into the economy. He also is able to dole out a lot of money to charities. He does all this and still lives under his means.

He is for extending the "no child left behind act" It has worked wonders here in TEXAS.

Is for giving the government more domestic surveillance power. You call it big brother i call it big protector. By the way they are making legal what they are already doing and have done for decades.

Protects our right to own a gun. I personally don't have a gun. People kill people not guns.

Supports cutting funding to sanctuary cities.

Opposes medical marijuana. We have plenty of other better working drugs. Smoked a bit in my time and it is not a medical drug wonder.

Does not support a increase in minimum wage. Corporations are about profit they will pass it to us. (consumers) If people don't apply for a place that pays minimum wages they have to raise wages.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:03 AM

558 posts, read 386,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
National Security experience

Campaign finance reform advocate

Fiscal conservative
That's it?

Old 03-24-2008, 12:04 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,293,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnherrera305 View Post
That's it?
Nope................................

Old 03-24-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post

Well McCain seems to have to best grasp on Iraq and what to do now.

He is against abortions. (no need to get into it)
So, let's go against the laws of the land.

He is for middle class tax cuts. (not raising taxes on the wealthily) I like this because the wealthy are the spending class of this country. My grandfather fall into this class and injects massive amounts of money into the economy. He also is able to dole out a lot of money to charities. He does all this and still lives under his means.
No, he's for keeping the tax cuts for the rich and big corporations.

He is for extending the "no child left behind act" It has worked wonders here in TEXAS.
People over all this country call it a broken system. Kids are no better off today then they were before this act became law.

Is for giving the government more domestic surveillance power. You call it big brother i call it big protector. By the way they are making legal what they are already doing and have done for decades.
Sure, forget our civil rights and a document called the constitution.
Might as well change our name to Cuba.

Protects our right to own a gun. I personally don't have a gun. People kill people not guns.
No ones against that. Now the types yes. You don't need an AK-47 to hunt deer.

Supports cutting funding to sanctuary cities.
You can't cut finds to the US' cities because of that. The cities is what makes this country work. Banks, Business, Trade. Immigration is a federal issue. It shouldn't leave cities in charge of immirgration laws. Fixed it at the federal level.
Opposes medical marijuana. We have plenty of other better working drugs. Smoked a bit in my time and it is not a medical drug wonder.
How is medical marijuana an issue that affects millions of oridinary americans?
Wow, his list is running short.

Does not support a increase in minimum wage. Corporations are about profit they will pass it to us. (consumers) If people don't apply for a place that pays minimum wages they have to raise wages.
Nice, when gas is nearly $4 a gallon, taxes are through the roof, inflation is out of control...we expect people to live off $5.75/hr? Then we talk about getting people out of proverty?

NOT CONVINCED THAT MCCAIN IS ANY GOOD FOR THIS COUNTRY.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:21 AM

Ok John.

You don't know much about McCain then.

HE is for keeping the tax cuts as is and further cutting taxes for the middle class.

The constitution needs to be updated. How many founding fathers saw 2,752 fellow Americans die in a terrorist attack?

So a US city is helping break the law and the easiest way is to stop the money. (worked well when they lowered the speed limit)

Old 03-24-2008, 12:21 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,119,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post

He is for middle class tax cuts. (not raising taxes on the wealthily)
I'd like to get into the rest of the brilliant details later, but for now, I must ask, what does this mean? Your second statement seems to be explaining the first, but the second has nothing to do with the first.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
IMO, ALL the candidates SUCK - there is not a really good one in the bunch.
Isn't that what we say every four years? So let's pick the one who sucks the least, shall we?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections