Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 01:04 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,842,277 times

Advertisements

"Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain't never been called the 'N' word," the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. said.

Breitbart.tv » Church in Hot Water After Obama’s Pastor Makes Controversial Statements

Obama’s Controversial Pastor Puts Church in Hot Water - America’s Election HQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 08:20 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,689,186 times
I saw a piece on Jeremiah Wright on one of the morning shows this morning, and I was shocked. This man preaches hate, pure and simple. Knowing that Obama has been a faithful member of this mans congregation for twenty years, I have to wonder if Obama believes these things as well. And if so, were he to be elected how could he lead all of our country, when he would at best distrust if not out and out despise all the white members of it? Rev. Wright was very clear on that point, on the clips I had seen of his sermons.

I would also like to ask Democrats and Independents, if this were Sen Clintons Pastor who was preaching strong white seperatist sentiments, how would that be interpreted? Would Sen Clinton get the same 'pass' that Sen Obama seems to be getting on this issue?

Old 03-13-2008, 08:29 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,517,469 times
Well Obama must believe his preaching for the most part. Otherwise why would he be a faithful member for twenty years. I'm afraid he and his wife are both hiding this side of themselves.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:30 AM

5,271 posts, read 14,614,257 times
I'm from Oregon. I lived in the south for 4 years and I can testify that racial hate is very deep rooted and strong there. It was scary and it extended into the churches. He isn't saying anything I haven't heard before in the south- from both whites & blacks.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:13 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,902,887 times
Let Fox handle this one ... Hillary's people need to butt out on this issue for now.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,078,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Let Fox handle this one ... Hillary's people need to butt out on this issue for now.
/Agreed

It will make Hillary look petty if she tries to go after this one.

BUT to add

McCain's Spiritual Guide: Destroy Islam

Last edited by Noc; 03-13-2008 at 01:29 PM..

Old 03-13-2008, 01:28 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,319,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I saw a piece on Jeremiah Wright on one of the morning shows this morning, and I was shocked. This man preaches hate, pure and simple. Knowing that Obama has been a faithful member of this mans congregation for twenty years, I have to wonder if Obama believes these things as well. And if so, were he to be elected how could he lead all of our country, when he would at best distrust if not out and out despise all the white members of it? Rev. Wright was very clear on that point, on the clips I had seen of his sermons.

I would also like to ask Democrats and Independents, if this were Sen Clintons Pastor who was preaching strong white seperatist sentiments, how would that be interpreted? Would Sen Clinton get the same 'pass' that Sen Obama seems to be getting on this issue?
Criticism of "white America" is not preaching hatred. You lack a socio-historical perspective.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:34 PM

2,284 posts, read 5,566,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
"Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain't never been called the 'N' word," the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. said.

Breitbart.tv » Church in Hot Water After Obama’s Pastor Makes Controversial Statements

Obama’s Controversial Pastor Puts Church in Hot Water - America’s Election HQ
This man has absolutely nothing to do with Barack Obama's campaign--or his personal or political views, for that matter--any more than Hillary Clinton's pastor has with hers.

More shameful race-baiting from people who pose as objective observers.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post
This man has absolutely nothing to do with Barack Obama's campaign--or his personal or political views, for that matter--any more than Hillary Clinton's pastor has with hers.

More shameful race-baiting from people who pose as objective observers.
OK, lets replace Obama with Clinton (or McCain, really anyone you wish) and replace 'white America' with the term 'Black America'. Would you have the same view?

I'm not being a race baiter, I just find it....well insulting and more then a little off putting that the man I wanted to vote for (yes, thats right!) may just buy into the view that if you have white skin you are rascist and not to be trusted. And God forbid I should also be Jewish in addition to that white skin!
Frankly, I don't like hearing this kind of crap from any minister about any group of people.

Old 03-13-2008, 01:44 PM

[quote=Nietzschean Gangsta;3129234]Criticism of "white America" is not preaching hatred. You lack a socio-historical perspective.[/quote

You are absolutely correct. Criticism of any kind is not hate in and of itself. Especially if it is well earned. Diatribes on the other hand, do nothing but fan flames of intolerance and hatred, whether it be from a pulpit of a podium.

Out of curiousity, have you seen Rev. Wrights 'sermons'? I would not catagorize them as being mere criticisms.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections