Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 01:55 PM

2,284 posts, read 5,561,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
OK, lets replace Obama with Clinton (or McCain, really anyone you wish) and replace 'white America' with the term 'Black America'. Would you have the same view?

I'm not being a race baiter, I just find it....well insulting and more then a little off putting that the man I wanted to vote for (yes, thats right!) may just buy into the view that if you have white skin you are rascist and not to be trusted. And God forbid I should also be Jewish in addition to that white skin!
Frankly, I don't like hearing this kind of crap from any minister about any group of people.
No sell. You know it's bait, and you willingly took a bite.

Not only do I think it's horse shyt that you were going to vote for Obama, but if you were so poised to do so, you would already know that NOTHING has ever come from him that would indicate in any way that his beliefs were even remotely close to that pastor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 02:18 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,676,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backfist View Post

Not only do I think it's horse shyt that you were going to vote for Obama, but if you were so poised to do so, you would already know that NOTHING has ever come from him that would indicate in any way that his beliefs were even remotely close to that pastor.
Which is exactly why I find it so peculiar that Sen Obama would align himself and his family with a church that espouses such, ah horse shyt was it?! Because that is exactly what it is.
That is not race baiting.
This is a legitimate question.
If your candidate surrounded him/herself with say, rascists are you going to tell me that you wouldn't question it? Fairly or not, a person and especially a presidential candidate are known by the friends they keep and Rev Wright is a friend with a lot of inflammatory views.
So, please....I am asking this in all honesty, not baiting not trying to muddy Sen Obamas name, this is a real concern.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:30 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,509,395 times
Quote:
This man has absolutely nothing to do with Barack Obama's campaign--or his personal or political views, for that matter--any more than Hillary Clinton's pastor has with hers.

More shameful race-baiting from people who pose as objective observers.
Or John Hagee pledging for John McCain. Remember the anti-Catholicism charges?

Old 03-13-2008, 06:05 PM

8,046 posts, read 9,260,640 times
Quote:

Obama has called his pastor his "moral compass" in the past.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:07 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,676,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Or John Hagee pledging for John McCain. Remember the anti-Catholicism charges?
But has John McCain gone to John Hagee's church for twenty years, and does he count him a reliable and astute advisor? If so, then shame on McCain! (not that he was going to get this Catholic vote anyway)

Old 03-13-2008, 06:19 PM

893 posts, read 801,086 times
What has this sermon to do with christianity. This certainly isn't a christian church. wwjd

Old 03-13-2008, 06:28 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,064,425 times
Quote:
But has John McCain gone to John Hagee's church for twenty years, and does he count him a reliable and astute advisor? If so, then shame on McCain! (not that he was going to get this Catholic vote anyway)
McCain is an Episcopalian; fat chance he ever set foot in Hagee's church.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:23 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,371,561 times
Quote:
I saw a piece on Jeremiah Wright on one of the morning shows this morning, and I was shocked. This man preaches hate, pure and simple. Knowing that Obama has been a faithful member of this mans congregation for twenty years, I have to wonder if Obama believes these things as well. And if so, were he to be elected how could he lead all of our country, when he would at best distrust if not out and out despise all the white members of it? Rev. Wright was very clear on that point, on the clips I had seen of his sermons.

I would also like to ask Democrats and Independents, if this were Sen Clintons Pastor who was preaching strong white seperatist sentiments, how would that be interpreted? Would Sen Clinton get the same 'pass' that Sen Obama seems to be getting on this issue?

Check out Pastor John Hagee. John Hagee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Talk about preaching hate against Catholics, Muslims, and just about anyone else who doesn't belong to his church. He's given his endorsement to MCCain and McC has accepted it.....nuts

Old 03-13-2008, 08:02 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Criticism of "white America" is not preaching hatred. You lack a socio-historical perspective.

oh it is only hatred when the criticisim
is of "black america"
how does that fly??
not very well, I will tell you
not all
racist
have white faces!!

Old 03-13-2008, 08:27 PM

526 posts, read 1,488,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Check out Pastor John Hagee. John Hagee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Talk about preaching hate against Catholics, Muslims, and just about anyone else who doesn't belong to his church. He's given his endorsement to MCCain and McC has accepted it.....nuts
I did check it out -- I don't see anything so terrible there. Let's face it, all religions have fallen short of perfection. Judeo-Christian ideology teaches that man is imperfect and falls short of the mark. Religions are of the people and for the people; by necessity they are not perfect.

If Catholicism of the first millennium were perfect, there would have been no reformation, no Protestant movement.

I don't think that is anti-Catholic.

As for Hitler going to Catholic Church as a youth, if it is true, it is true... he was not a practicing Catholic when he did the horrendous acts later in life.

I just think it's a weak hand to blame McCain for the statements made by a supporter of his.

As for Obama, it's equally a weak hand. There are many reasons why someone chooses to go to a particular Church. I go to the church that my wife likes (United Methodist). I don't agree with much of what they believe but we go as a couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections