Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:15 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,224,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
No, he did not get his "start" from the Bill/Monica scandal. He had his own website before that event, and he was pretty popular. I'd almost say he was one of the first "political bloggers" out there.

But he can hardly be categorized as a "Republican hack". If you look at his website, he is all about sensational headlines, no matter who it hurts (duh, to get return visitors):

DRUDGE REPORT 2008®

He has posted stories about just as many Republicans as Democrats. And as far as the Bill/Monica deal, he published that another media outlet (MSM) had BURIED the story trying to protect Bill.

In the Obama piece you guys are discussing, he shows pictures of other leaders in native garb (to show that it's hardly a big deal).

DRUDGE REPORT FLASH 2008® (http://www.drudgereport.com/flashoa.htm - broken link)

I've found him to be pretty "pro-Obama" lately, as I've been checking in on his site about once a day over the last month or so.
BBC News | Clinton Scandal | Scandalous scoop breaks online

Drudge took off with the publication of the Bill/Monica story. Before that, he was a little known blogger. He was instrumental in keeping people informed about what was going on.

I see Drudge as proRepublican. He may like Obama, but he's usually more interested in promoting Republicans and disparaging Democrats. That's his market, "conservatives". He may be making a switch to just sensationalism, Rush should take note and do the same if he wants to stay relevant.

I remember when the Pelosi head scarf story broke. Drudge posted all the images and made no comments about Laura Bush or Condi Rice. This may be part of his moving more towards the anti-corruption stance he claimed to have in 1998.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 09:21 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,961,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
BBC News | Clinton Scandal | Scandalous scoop breaks online

Drudge took off with the publication of the Bill/Monica story. Before that, he was a little known blogger. He was instrumental in keeping people informed about what was going on.

I see Drudge as proRepublican. He may like Obama, but he's usually more interested in promoting Republicans and disparaging Democrats. That's his market, "conservatives". He may be making a switch to just sensationalism, Rush should take note and do the same if he wants to stay relevant.

I remember when the Pelosi head scarf story broke. Drudge posted all the images and made no comments about Laura Bush or Condi Rice. This may be part of his moving more towards the anti-corruption stance he claimed to have in 1998.
I would agree that he leans to the right, but I think he puts "breaking the big story" before party. But based on his coverage lately, I'd say he's leaning Obama. Just a hunch.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:25 AM

140 posts, read 294,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
It doesnt help matters that Farrakhan endorsed him today. Now people will be thinking he muslim when Obama is actually a Christian.

Obama dressed that way out of respect for his visit to Kenya..he is NOT muslim.
Louis Farrakhan, the Islamo-nut who hates all races but black Muslims endorsed Obama?? Is anyone surprised????

He is a Christian.... SUUUURE.... since he was advised to "become" on to win elections.... right... I know MANY Christians who dress in Islamic robes "out of respect" for other countries..... I just saw several in my church this week....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
Interesting....... he is NOT denying that the photo is real? Maybe because.... it IS real?

So what if he is practicing his religion.... Islam??? Who cares. At least in this photo he is owning up to being Muslim. At least now he can stop pretending to be a Christian.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:29 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,928,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
Louis Farrakhan, the Islamo-nut who hates all races but black Muslims endorsed Obama?? Is anyone surprised????

He is a Christian.... SUUUURE.... since he was advised to "become" on to win elections.... right... I know MANY Christians who dress in Islamic robes "out of respect" for other countries..... I just saw several in my church this week....
All he needs is a AK-47 and a body pack!

Old 02-25-2008, 09:43 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,961,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Ok Obama supporters, here's a sneak peak of what will happen when Kaptain Karl starts ... he's getting his engines warmed up.
Again, assuming that it is effective. Only die-hard political junkies look at sites like drudgereport, and only die-hard bible belters will get fired up about a picture like this (which it only reinforces their stereotypes that they already have). The middle-of-the-roaders don't give two hoots.

It doesn't show him leading a traditional Muslim prayer session, or making a pilgrimage to Mecca for Chrise sake. Plus, a Somali Elder garb does not denote religion, does it? It just signifies that they are the elder leader of a tribe?

Old 02-25-2008, 11:02 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,846,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
A little history for you youguns: The only time I agreed with a George Wallace complaint (and I met him and he complained a lot about his coverage) was when he shook hands after a speech. The photogs never budged until the Grand Kleagle shook his paw and then the bulbs went off!

Does anyone here doubt Ron Paul (and perhaps McCain) has some supporters who are right wing nuts? I think you need to separate the views of some supporters (even workers) from the candidate.

May we get to the issues now?
True. Does anyone remember a couple of months ago when the media made a big deal about Paul accepting a donation from a KKK member?

Old 02-25-2008, 11:05 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,468,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
I would agree that he leans to the right, but I think he puts "breaking the big story" before party. But based on his coverage lately, I'd say he's leaning Obama. Just a hunch.
"Leans to the right"? You ever listen to his radio show? The man is pure right wing inside and out.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:06 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,928,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
True. Does anyone remember a couple of months ago when the media made a big deal about Paul accepting a donation from a KKK member?
Yeah it was 500.00, But I don't think he was wearing hood. I just find this whole topic funny and useless.

Old 02-25-2008, 12:10 PM
BVH

944 posts, read 611,438 times
So, where's the proof that Hillary's campaign released the pictures? Can somebody provide me with the link?

Old 02-25-2008, 12:15 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,844,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
So, where's the proof that Hillary's campaign released the pictures? Can somebody provide me with the link?
That's what Drudge says. It was linked from the beginning.
DRUDGE REPORT FLASH 2008® (http://www.drudgereport.com/flashoa.htm - broken link)

Hillary people aren't denying it, either.

Clinton's response to the day's Drudge - Ben Smith's Blog - Politico.com
Marc Ambinder (February 25, 2008) - The Latest Clinton Campaign Statement On "The Photo"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections