Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you believe WILL get the Democratic nomination for president?
Hillary Clinton 45 45.92%
Barack Obama 43 43.88%
Other 2 2.04%
Don't know and don't care! 8 8.16%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 06:12 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,928,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
It came out wrong. In response to "Obama has the mojo," I meant to say Hillary "has" the voters in Florida who have been disenfranchised.

Sorry floridasandy, but this (Florida) is Hillary country! And the democrats NEED Florida, both as a cash cow, and because unlike South Carolina, our state matters in November.

NObama 08!
i am proud to be in florida, but it is disrespectful to say that another state does not matter. all states matter and all votes count. nobody is going to win all 50 states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2008, 06:47 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
I really doubt that this will even be over after super tuesday.As far as florida the problem has not been that they don't count ;it's that they just can't count.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:54 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,428,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am proud to be in florida, but it is disrespectful to say that another state does not matter. all states matter and all votes count. nobody is going to win all 50 states.
Disrespectful or not, it's pretty much the truth due to the electoral college.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:55 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,868,643 times
My strategy is to vote for Obama in the Democratic Primary, just to do my part to keep That Woman out.
Let us stop the dynasties this year, PLEASE!!!

I'm a conservative with a libertarian streak... or is it libertarian with conservative streak?
Either way, no one in the Republican party has me yet. Ron Paul is a little interesting, and out there, but I'm not sold. I love his old-fashioned view of the constitution, though.
I liked Huckabee as governor of Arkansas, but as president...... I don't know. A lot of my liking for him in AR was that he was an enormous breath of fresh air after the Clintons... Bill managed to take Arkansas from the worst state in the union to..... even worse. I think Puerto Rico had passed us by the time he left.

Come November, I don't know who I'll go for. I may go for some 3rd party guy for the first time.

Last edited by northbound74; 01-29-2008 at 07:03 PM..

Old 01-29-2008, 07:16 PM

383 posts, read 724,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
I like Obama, but Hillary has to get the nomination, this country is not ready for a black president yet
Obama's mother is a white woman from kansas right. In this case native americans, mexicans, puerto ricans, italians, whites, asians, dominicans, and cubans are black.

Because some people in these races have more black blood than obama.

Old 01-29-2008, 07:34 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,428,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoeboy View Post
Obama's mother is a white woman from kansas right. In this case native americans, mexicans, puerto ricans, italians, whites, asians, dominicans, and cubans are black.

Because some people in these races have more black blood than obama.

Yeah, well, I wonder if all of those "other people" have ever written gems like:

"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites"...

Or that they, "Found solace nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

- Barack Obama, as written in "Dreams of my Father."

This stuff is hitting my "inbox" from conservative relatives of mine every day now. As they say, "You aint seen nuthin yet!"

Old 01-29-2008, 07:58 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,784,250 times
In the end it will be Hillary vs McCain

Old 01-29-2008, 08:01 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,868,643 times
Quote:
In the end it will be Hillary vs McCain
If that's the case, I'll be out of the country for the next 4-8 years.

Old 01-30-2008, 03:33 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,793,227 times
The Kennedys dont have anywhere near the pull anymore that some people think they have. Massachusetts will vote Democratic no matter what, and I dont think their endorsement will make a difference anywhere else

Old 01-30-2008, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,889 times
Ok. Simple enough, I believe Obama has the roots to become the humble world leader that we need to represent our county. I believe Hillary along with Bill would have a stronger force within their control of the United States. I also see Hillary as more a more passionate delegate, yes... but also with a tendancy to react negatively in pressure situations.

Obama is an amazing and intelligent speaker and is the most influential to the younger generation. The next generation thats about to run america. Obama, I believe is going to cure our representation with the world in ways that would probably give Bush nightmares. As a universal president, I believe OBAMA would make our country proud to be Americans across the globe once again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections