Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:56 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,667,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
That's not what he said. He said they shouldn't be here.

YouTube - Ron Paul SC Debate on Immigration Question 6 - 01/10/2008
Yea I didn't hear him say they should be here either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
They all know they have to beat the Dems or we will have more of what we got right now, a total disaster that will effect us all.
I am sure the dems are trying to figure out who is best to beat a rep as well.
They are just too busy screwing each other over to say it.

A dem President and a dem congress would be a total disaster. that is what they are thinking.
I am sorry but I don't see any of the other Republicans as a good thing either. I could stand Thompson, but people wont vote for him, because he doesn't seem electable. Well he would if you VOTED for him.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:18 AM

9,889 posts, read 10,820,807 times
Look, there is no question Thompson did well last night, but I scored Guliani second I would be fine voting for Rudy Romney did very well but lets face it they are at the mercy of the questions they get asked Chris Wallace was more interested in stirring things up between Romney & McCain. I actually felt sorry for Ron Paul he looked like a man in the first stages of dementia, I personally, really wanted to see if I was being unfair in my judgment of him and I scored him above McCain and Huckabee but when it came to Iran and Israel he lost it and he would not vehemently denie the "inside job" supporters, and as evidence of some posting here, he believes we brought 9-11 on our selves.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:25 AM

I don't think he lost it at all. Personally I am tired of our but our nose into everything and tell them how to do it policy. Hasn't worked. We don't want another country butting into our affairs and telling them who they can and cannot have run their country, thats their job. While we fall apart ,we focus on others, doesn't make any sense. Sometimes they just need to fix their own problems, we are not their mommy.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:32 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,082 times
We borrow from china to give to Musharaf, an military dictator who overthrew an elected government to spread democracy in Iraq? It's called blowback. What you do now has repercussions way down the line.

Paul understands. Why don't the others?

YouTube - Ron Paul SC Debate Conservatism Question 2 - 01/10/2008

Old 01-11-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
We borrow from china to give to Musharaf, an military dictator who overthrew an elected government to spread democracy in Iraq? It's called blowback. What you do now has repercussions way down the line.

Paul understands. Why don't the others?

YouTube - Ron Paul SC Debate Conservatism Question 2 - 01/10/2008
We borrow to give to others!!!!!!!! That makes NO sense to me.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
We borrow to give to others!!!!!!!! That makes NO sense to me.
It's why the current cost of promises we've already made is $440,000 per US household. The Government Accountability Office Report released this week proves it. People ignore this. Most of the media isn't reporting it. That's why Paul made the comment over and over last night that the economy is the problem. If the dollar continues to fall, the price of oil will continue to rise. Oil companies make massive profits while we pay them subsidies from the national treasury. Americans need to learn the basics of our monetary system.

The Federal Reserve is planning to lower interest rates again. That lowers the dollar which causes inflation so they lower rates again devaluing the dollar more causing more inflation. All of this was what Paul meant when he mentioned Austrian economics. It really is too bad hardly anyone in the audience knew what he was talking about. Poor Rudy looked at Paul like he had a third head.

Without a strong economy, all their promises to protect and defend are worthless.

GAO-08-395CG, U.S. Financial Condition and Fiscal Future Briefing <---boring and tedious but there is a wealth of information in there.

YouTube - Glenn Beck - The Real Story, Touching the Third Rail <---GAO Comptroller General talks about this with Glenn Beck this week.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
It's why the current cost of promises we've already made is $440,000 per US household. The Government Accountability Office Report released this week proves it. People ignore this. Most of the media isn't reporting it. That's why Paul made the comment over and over last night that the economy is the problem. If the dollar continues to fall, the price of oil will continue to rise. Oil companies make massive profits while we pay them subsidies from the national treasury. Americans need to learn the basics of our monetary system.

The Federal Reserve is planning to lower interest rates again. That lowers the dollar which causes inflation so they lower rates again devaluing the dollar more causing more inflation. All of this was what Paul meant when he mentioned Austrian economics. It really is too bad hardly anyone in the audience knew what he was talking about. Poor Rudy looked at Paul like he had a third head.

Without a strong economy, all their promises to protect and defend are worthless.
Sometimes I wish we could just wipe the slate clean and start over. This is a mess, status quo got us here, maintaining this will damage us further. I wish people could see it. Although it has taken me years to get to where I am now seeing that this way we have been just doesn't work, I guess it will be awhile before everyone does. or it will take another depression.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Sometimes I wish we could just wipe the slate clean and start over. This is a mess, status quo got us here, maintaining this will damage us further. I wish people could see it. Although it has taken me years to get to where I am now seeing that this way we have been just doesn't work, I guess it will be awhile before everyone does. or it will take another depression.
Ron Paul mentioned the depression last night. Money is a hard concept. It doesn't fit into a nice little humorous quip. It's half the reason people who talk about this are painted as idiots and loons. None of the other candidates understand our economy and how it works.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:53 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,905,268 times
Quote:
Ron Paul mentioned the depression last night. Money is a hard concept. It doesn't fit into a nice little humorous quip. It's half the reason people who talk about this are painted as idiots and loons. None of the other candidates understand our economy and how it works.
This is the facts !!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections