Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 02:18 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
When Romney loses, the low brow right wing rascists who post under short meaningless handles will continue to form militias of obese, couch ninjas and run around the woods with AR15s and beer yelping abount overthrowing the legally elected government. So what's your point?
If Romney wins, he'd probably ban those AR-15s like he did in MA when he was in charge. Not sure about beer, but since he is a mormon, he might do something about that too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 02:20 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I would never call you a low brow right wing fascist, Roy. I know you are a true believer in the conservative cause. I may not agree with you, but I respect you.
That's right. Leave Roy alone, he is a victim, dependent on government handouts.

Well, that's what Romney says anyway.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:24 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,912,983 times
Default Alternate Thinking?

The way I see it, the Dem platform offers a quick vote-buying panacea for the entitlement parasites, the laid-off worker bees who will possibly never work again since they have no particular skill sets that apply any more (I watched, 15 years ago, at a Mitsubishi plant in Japan, complete engines being built by robot, and they were, essentially, perfectly assembled. No guy torquing a water pump into place as is the case in the Detroit plants. Outdated manual retro-technology, but there's been an ongoing and concerted effort to maintain that silliness by the big Auto worker's Unions. I worked for AM General in S. Bend, IN a few years back, and saw their local UAW workers holding the company hostage to their outdated work practices.

That was barely tolerable pre-2007, but now, esp. since the big companies have advanced with their technical abilities in the last 4 recessionary years, those boys will NEVER work again unless they completely re-train. Which, I'm here to say, they do not want to do. Hence, Obama-Care, re-distribution of my wealth to them, and other social nework systems, will all work to get the Obamanistás back in.

Then there's the Mitten's ideas, which, frankly are not ideas at all. Just a promise that he will create 12M new jobs. But uhmmm...According to credible independent economists, that will barely do it. We would have to have a sustained addition of about 15 - 20M new job openings per year to return us to the abilities to over-consume that we once "enjoyed" (was it really all that enjoyable I wonder?)

I suspect not too many of us would actually want to return to that onslaught on our credit limits, ever again! To limit out on cards? No way.

So where should we go? Indeed: I for one wrote in Ron Paul on my recently mailed-in ballot. He at least offered some sane alternatives including Rational Limits to Growth, secular government. All my Rep/Dem friends then shuddered and said I just threw away my vote.

But if, over the next few elections, the public sees that a 3rd party, Libertarian or otherwise, is even feasible against the currently solidly entrenched power-broker boyz, then we might just have a chance at developing a government party that works towards:

√ overall small government, with...

√ careful fiscal budgeting, and...

√ rational & managed use of all of our very limited resources, plus being...

√ ecologically friendly, and providing...

√ a non-Imperialist/Adventurist-thinking military, (though technically very strong in order to repel all possible interloping "borders"), as well as being...

√ absolutely secular, and lastly...

√ non-Big Oil driven (so sorry, "Dub-Yah!")

...and certainly not the self-centered and egotistical Capitalist government. we have now!

Hey; a guy can dream, can't he?

Old 10-21-2012, 02:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You call me a low brow right wing racist and that makes me wonder. My name here has more letters in it than yours does and I don't own a rifle, yet, am not obese and don't belong to a militia. Is there a chance that you really mean to be calling those people left leaners instead of right wingers?
That post wasn't addressed to you, so why are you taking it personally? He didn't call you anything. However, was it so close to home that you identified with what was said?

Old 10-21-2012, 02:31 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If President Obama wins re-election will the GOP at least try to compromise and work with the other side for the sake of the nation? At some point one needs to accept that the gridlock has served to hurt the United States more than it has helped. I am an Ind and have been very critical of the Obama administration. That said we can not have 4 more years of gridlock. I don't blame it all on the right and this grid lock really started under GWB and it was the left doing it. That said if it was wrong then, isn't it also wrong now?
The question is "will obama compromise with the Republicans?" So far, he has refused to do so and remember his famous quote to Ryan in their first meeting "I won".

Gridlock under GWB? Where? He signed every budget that was sent to him and gave the Liberals a new entitlement program for seniors (drugs). What exactly did GWB do to make the Libs so angry other than the war, which Clinton endorsed and most Congressmen and Senators voted for?

Old 10-21-2012, 02:33 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,658,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's right. Leave Roy alone, he is a victim, dependent on government handouts.

Well, that's what Romney says anyway.
Yep. Another leech on the system who worked his azz off for 50 plus years paying taxes and now expects decent, affordable health care and a return on the SS taxes he paid all his life. What a worthless piker!

Old 10-21-2012, 02:38 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If Romney wins, he'd probably ban those AR-15s like he did in MA when he was in charge. Not sure about beer, but since he is a mormon, he might do something about that too.
Yeah, Finn. I'm sure banning beer would be really high on his list of things to do.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:46 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times
I started this thread in hopes that we could see some ideas for solutions. Thank you to the posters who have the vision to see that as long as people play the blame game and try to one up no compromise can be possible. No compromise means the Nation only suffers.
Unfortunately hardliners ruled the day and still use every opprotunity to regurgitate talking points and place blame.
Compromise in my view is:
Simplify the Tax laws.
Cuts to the big spending areas including the Military budget. I have asked many times and have yet to get an answer. Why do we need 11+ carrier battle groups?
When we talk about the B-2 bomber. No doubt an amazing plane. The cost right at 2 billion a copy. How many do we need?
Domestic spending is also out of control. I would rather see a few fist fights on the house floor and then finally achieve a balanced budget than the we just wont do anything approach.
Obama is not a communist, he is not a muslim terrorist and he is not satan. I disagree with most of his policies but if he won I would try to find a common ground for the sake of the nation.
Screw the party politics. The nation is in crisis and the two sides need to find a way to meet in the middle.
Reagan did it, Clinton did it, George Bush sr did it. Not by themselves, but because our elected reps moved towards consensus.

We all love our children. We all love our country. I refuse to play the who loves their country more game.
The hardliners on this forum illustrate exactly why the nation is in trouble.
Is it possible for people to post some reasonable ideas?

Old 10-21-2012, 02:47 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,807,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yeah, Finn. I'm sure banning beer would be really high on his list of things to do.
Willard is a devout mormon and alcohol is banned/strictly regulated in many parts of the country, especially in the bible belt. Mormons are forbidden from alcohol, tobacco, even things like coffee and tea. I could fell see him passing a prohibition style bill again.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:49 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,677,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Willard is a devout mormon and alcohol is banned/strictly regulated in many parts of the country, especially in the bible belt. Mormons are forbidden from alcohol, tobacco, even things like coffee and tea. I could fell see him passing a prohibition style bill again.
you can see it because you are an extremist and will believe whatever insanity suits you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections