Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 07:48 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,586,840 times

Advertisements

R Money supports think he will bring us back to the Clinton times here we had a surplus. If you have heard any of his tiny details giving a surplus we will not even happen even if R Money was president for 50 yrs with 2 wars he wants to start a tax cut for the rich that will not be payed for. Wow R Money is living in a fairy land like you republican nut jobs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 08:21 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,946,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I guess we're already part Episcopalian, Congregationalist, Unitarian, Presbyterian, Methodist, Dutch Reformed, Disciples of Christ, Roman Catholic, Quaker and Baptist then. So what if we were to add one more religion to the mix.
Kinda like being multi-ethnic but with religion instead of race.

And I don't know why I wrote that. It added nothing to the conversation.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:24 PM
JRR

8,168 posts, read 5,677,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Simply put, he has a better chance at restoring economic confidence. I like that Romney is relatively moderate, and has a record of working with Democrats. This may bode well for actually getting something positive done, while cutting government dead weight.
That is what I am hoping for. I voted for Romney because I feel that four more years of President Obama would be four more years of no cooperation by Republicans. The hatred of the President by some seems to the point that they would let the country burn just to spite him. And we need somebody who can get a consensus to get the country moving forward. If Romney does win, it will be interesting to see how he interacts with Congress.

Sidebar - If Romney wins, it will be interesting to see how the yelpers, Limbaugh, Hannity and all the Fox crew etc. react. They need to have someone to yell about and if Obama is gone, they will need a new target (got to keep the ratings up). Maybe the new threat to the existence of America will be Romney the RINO.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:39 PM

20,128 posts, read 16,186,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Sidebar - If Romney wins, it will be interesting to see how the yelpers, Limbaugh, Hannity and all the Fox crew etc. react. They need to have someone to yell about and if Obama is gone, they will need a new target (got to keep the ratings up). Maybe the new threat to the existence of America will be Romney the RINO.
Most of them came into being during the Clinton years and they managed to survive the eight years Bush was in. I wouldn't worry too much about them. Reid and Pelosi will still be hanging around, if nothing else.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:54 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,573,632 times
Agreed---Rush, Sean & everybody else aren't going anywhere, since talk-radio ranks second in total listeners among all formats, and all of those gentlemen make plenty of $$$$ for themselves, their corporate owners, and their sponsors.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:54 PM

25,574 posts, read 56,520,405 times
Quote:
That is what I am hoping for. I voted for Romney because I feel that four more years of President Obama would be four more years of no cooperation by Republicans. The hatred of the President by some seems to the point that they would let the country burn just to spite him. And we need somebody who can get a consensus to get the country moving forward. If Romney does win, it will be interesting to see how he interacts with Congress.
It is unfortunate Mitch McConnell, with his dastardly, unpatriotic tactics, could have his way, after all. You aren't alone in your thinking. I've even heard it voiced on NPR. For the good of the country to get the GOP off mark, certain liberals have more than contemplated voting for Romney because they know the GOP will NEVER work with Obama. I heard one the other day who is planning to do just that, I'm pretty certain.

Pretty darn sad. Such wonderful patriots they are. Actually, they should be tried for treason.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
It is unfortunate Mitch McConnell could have his way, after all. You aren't alone in your thinking. I've even heard it voiced on NPR. For the good of the country, to get the GOP off mark, certain liberals have more than contemplated voting for Romney because they know the GOP will NEVER work with Obama. I heard one the other day who will do just that, I'm pretty certain.

Pretty darn sad. Such wonderful patriots the GOP are. Actually, they should be tried for treason.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:08 PM

20,128 posts, read 16,186,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
It is unfortunate Mitch McConnell could have his way, after all. You aren't alone in your thinking. I've even heard it voiced on NPR. For the good of the country, to get the GOP off mark, certain liberals have more than contemplated voting for Romney because they know the GOP will NEVER work with Obama. I heard one the other day who will do just that, I'm pretty certain.

Pretty darn sad. Such wonderful patriots the GOP are. Actually, they should be tried for treason.
Why? I seriously want to know your rationale.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:11 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,573,632 times
It's the other way around---Obama will NEVER work with the GOP to do what's right for the country, as he's refused to do numerous times.

When you're as hamstrung by the demands of environmentalists and civil-service unions as he is, doing what's best for 300,000,000+ US citizens is impossible.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
It's the other way around---Obama will NEVER work with the GOP to do what's right for the country, as he's refused to do numerous times.

When you're as hamstrung by the demands of environmentalists and civil-service unions as he is, doing what's best for 300,000,000+ US citizens is impossible.
Oh, dear.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections