Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 12:22 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,927,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I wonder how funny it would be if one of the swing states went to a third party. It would be amazing at the collective sh*t that would be lost if this occurred.
It would be amazing alright but it won't happen for many years, certainly not this year...There isn't a 3rd party candidate that can even pull 10% of the vote.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:22 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,697,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Actually...Romney's plans would elevate EVERYONE in our society.
I would ask how his plans would elevate everyone, but I don't know what his plans are......

Quote:
EXACTLY how has Obama's policies helped minorities? They're hurting moreso than anyone under the current administration.
They've averted a Depression and have helped expand access to healthcare............

Old 10-10-2012, 12:25 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,238,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
This is the truth but the GOP will never admit it.
I will not vote for a person whose policies i fundamentally disagree with. The problem the Dem's have is they paint anyone who does not vote for Obama as a racist republican.
the problem is that this excuse used by Dem's automatically cuts of the ability to discuss policy. If you call me a racist because i disagree with the green energy waste, because i disagree with the 1 trillion a year deficit .Then you are automatically dismissing an ability to come together to solve problems.
The Dem's want to name call and demean republicans who actually disagree with policy.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:29 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,003,920 times
Quote:
It will send a message. Dont kid yourself.
And will minorities like you receive this message via your tinfoil hat?

Old 10-10-2012, 12:32 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,238,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It would be amazing alright but it won't happen for many years, certainly not this year...There isn't a 3rd party candidate that can even pull 10% of the vote.
Hypothetically if a 3rd party won several states then neither Obama or Romney would get the electorate college majority. I am doing the following from memory and am not checking it as fact but i believe if that happened the election of the president would fall into the house and the election of VP into the senate. Making for the possibility of a Romney Biden partnership

Old 10-10-2012, 12:37 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,471,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I will not vote for a person whose policies i fundamentally disagree with. The problem the Dem's have is they paint anyone who does not vote for Obama as a racist republican.
the problem is that this excuse used by Dem's automatically cuts of the ability to discuss policy. If you call me a racist because i disagree with the green energy waste, because i disagree with the 1 trillion a year deficit .Then you are automatically dismissing an ability to come together to solve problems.
The Dem's want to name call and demean republicans who actually disagree with policy.
I so agree with you, and most people could not just say you are wrong, when we know what the Democrat party is all about.

You can't possibly fundamentally disagree with them, or you are labled something. Whether it be a racist, or stupid or ignorant, they have some label for us.

How can you discuss a issue, if they have already labeled you something, merely beause you disagree with them. I find them thick headed, and pig headed. Inmature and childish.

I totally disagree with the no Hope and definitely no Change that we were promised 4 yrs ago.

Which in tapes we have of Obama in 2008, stated, if by the end of my 4th year, i have not turned the economy around, i will be considered a one term President. Oh really.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:50 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,238,045 times
Quote:
For me I will wonder if people like Farrakhan are right after all. I honestly felt that America had changed until the tea party showed up...
Americans who believe in reducing government spending and taxes, reduction of the national debt and adherence to the Constitution are, in your mind, synonymous with being racist?

Quote:
... and now after one debate how could mitt and his the rich first policies be accepted. Then I started reading about the white male vote and how it never goes anywhere but for other white males and I realized why romney made his come back.
Aside from your personal opinion of Romney's policies, which many will disagree with you on, you conveniently keep forgetting that Obama could not have won the Presidency if white males didn't vote for him. Therefore, thinking "the white male vote and how it NEVER goes anywhere but for other white males" is factually incorrect.

Quote:
So now I have to wonder how does this same attitude play out in everyday life? if these men will not support anyone but their own race...
Again with your lying, racist crap?

Quote:
then should minorities be the same way?
Many are. Do you need proof? (See below.) Of course, unlike you, I also realize many are not.

Quote:
I knew there was plenty of racism in the GOP but now I have to wonder is it just the GOP and the tea party or is it much wider and deeper than that?
It is much wider and deeper than that. Look to the Democratic party and you will find them. (See below.)

It seems to me, from your OP and other posts of yours on this board, YOU are the racist.

Samuel L. Jackson: I Voted For Obama 'Because He Was Black'

Vote For Obama Because He's Black:

"Krissah Thompson of The Washington Post reports that on "The Tom Joyner Morning Show," which has an estimated 8 million radio listeners, Joyner, who is black, said, "Stick together, black people." The show reaches one in four African-American adults.

Rev. Al Sharpton, who also has a radio show and a gig on MSNBC, admonished blacks who have been critical of the president, "I'm not telling you to shut up. I'm telling you: Don't make some of us have to speak up."

Joyner went even further on his blog, writes Thompson: "Let's not deal with the facts right now," he said. "Let's deal with just our blackness and pride -- and loyalty. We have the chance to re-elect the first African-American president, and that's what we ought to be doing. And I'm not afraid or ashamed to say that as black people, we should do it because he's a black man."

Major black celebrity urges blacks to vote for Obama because he is black

Voting for Obama because he was black was biggest mistake of my life

Vote for Obama Because He's Black

Mia Love, Republican Mayor In Utah, Receives Photos Of KKK Member...

Actress Stacey Dash On Receiving Racist Hate For Supporting Romney

Last edited by CheyDee; 10-10-2012 at 12:59 PM..

Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,471,192 times
It should send a message that in America a person still has a right to their own opinion, their own without being brainwashed. And that some still have common sense.

Media can't buy everyone.

Should send a message that in America black or white, does not matter as much as a person with qualifications for the job of Presidency.

The message that should be sent is that anyone who chooses to vote for a person based solely on the color of one's skin, are ignorant, stupid, or plain naive and don't give a damn about anything else........ and that should matter to us. Because in reality, this does happen.

Then we are stuck with 4 years of utter hell.

The color of one's skin is a non issue, and you all know it, what matters most, is how trutworthy is the person running the Country.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:01 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,760,926 times
Quote:
This is a lie. They were never treated as bad by the right as Obama and you know it. What a lie.
Hell, Clinton was impeached, what more do you want?

Old 10-10-2012, 01:03 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,725,069 times
Quote:
if these men will not support anyone but their own race

Ummmmm......quite a few Republicans supported Herman Caine and they certainly support Alan West, Mia Love, Condi Rice and a host of others.

But again.....don't let facts interfere with your race baiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections