Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:38 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,568,977 times

Advertisements

NMnita is correct; we do not want a President who will force a healthcare plan down our throats, tell businesses where they can open their businesses, continue to push subprime loans, initiate idiotic new CAFE standards which will do nothing except cause the number of deaths on our highways to skyrocket, keep or prevent thousands of Americans from returning to work in order to appease his environmental extremists, and too many other trangressions and failures to count.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Then I started reading about the white male vote and how it never goes anywhere but for other white males...
Whites had to join us in voting for Obama for him to get elected the first time. It was estimate he got over 40% of the white vote last time. If he is still worthy of those votes based on his tenure in office, he'll get them and he will probably win again.
Quote:
if these men will not support anyone but their own race then should minorities be the same way?
Since 96% of all black votes last election, including mine, went for Obama, I would say we already beat you to it. Remember Mitt Romney is supposed to get 0% of the black vote this time. The answer is no, two wrongs have never made a right. I get wanting to vote for someone based on how their policies might impact you and other people of your race, I did it last time. That is different than voting based on the skin color of the candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

For God sakes it's 2012 and the GOP is trying to limit their voting rights.
No they aren't. The only people who have ever tried to limit my voting rights were the Democrats who tried to stop the military and military family members overseas votes from counting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Uh well...I'm a minority, and if Romney does win it'll mean that the man that I wanted to win, won.
In my case it's more like the guy I am convinced is steering my country in totally the wrong direction didn't get back there.

Do me a favor people, quit trying to speak for me.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
This is a lie. They were never treated as bad by the right as Obama and you know it. What a lie.
Clinton was willing to work with both sides, Obama says my way or no way: Clinton had experience as a leader and not just a community organizer; Kerry was attacked pretty forcefully, but the GOP only had to worry about re-election, not election. Has Romney or the Republicans called Obama a murderer yet? Or have they said he is trying to kill Big Bird?

More than who is picking on who,you may want to really think this biased view of yours and take the chip off your shoulder!!!!

Old 10-10-2012, 11:40 AM

510 posts, read 430,778 times
Quote:
For me I will wonder if people like Farrakhan are right after all. I honestly felt that America had changed until the tea party showed up and now after one debate how could mitt and his the rich first policies be accepted. Then I started reading about the white male vote and how it never goes anywhere but for other white males and I realized why romney made his come back.
So now I have to wonder how does this same attitude play out in everyday life? if these men will not support anyone but their own race then should minorities be the same way? I knew there was plenty of racism in the GOP but now I have to wonder is it just the GOP and the tea party or is it much wider and deeper than that?
41% of white males voted for Obama in 2008.

Something tells me Obama's current lack of popularity with white men has less about racism and more about his political priorities.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:43 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
It doesn't send ANY message other than he won, and more people voted for him. There are a number of minorities who are going to vote FOR Romney, just like there are any number of people, including whites, who are going to vote for Obama.

Last edited by Darkatt; 10-10-2012 at 12:46 PM..

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
41% of white males voted for Obama in 2008.

Something tells me Obama's current lack of popularity with white men has less about racism and more about his political priorities.
Unlike the OP, I am not fixated on the race of the President or on that of the challenger. I am interested in how well the President has done his job and how well I think the challenger might do it if elected. To be honest, neither has convinced me that they deserve my vote.

220 posts, read 475,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You're right about that. We're all pawns, and it's all about money! Which is exactly why I'm not voting for either! Both parties are playing us for fools! If more people actually stopped playing "the lesser of two evils" game then the politicians might actually have to do their job, and do what is in the best interest of ALL AMERICANS!

Read my post #33.

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I want to thank Marv101 for exposing the Romney plan for a plutocratic America. All of those concepts benefit existing wealth far more then everyone else. Existing wealth is ALL that Romney care about.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:45 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,046,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You're right about that. We're all pawns, and it's all about money! Which is exactly why I'm not voting for either! Both parties are playing us for fools! If more people actually stopped playing "the lesser of two evils" game then the politicians might actually have to do their job, and do what is in the best interest of ALL AMERICANS!
For those that are fed up with our political duopoly, consider voting for 3rd party candidates and even better, do what more & more Americans are doing and register to vote as an Independent.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:47 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Typical lib "racist" accusations. People are not voting for Obama again because he is incompetent, not because he is black.Blacks and Hispanics already vote nearly 100% democratic. They are the "racists", as they seem to vote for someone based on color alone.

Now are you suggesting that black politicians are somehow inferior and should not he held to the same standards as white politicians? If you criticize policy of Obama, no matter how bad, is it always racist? This seems what you are implying.

PS- Farrakahn is the biggest racist on the planet. Who cares what he thinks?

Amen to that! Well, he certainly is up there! My question is why is it whites are accused of only voting for whites, and that is wrong (which IMO voting strictly on skin color shows your intelligence, or lack of) yet it's perfectly OK for blacks or other minorities to vote based on skin color, and that it's not racist? If you ask me, it is in fact racist! Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken a lot of white folks voted for Obama in 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Whites had to join us in voting for Obama for him to get elected the first time. It was estimate he got over 40% of the white vote last time. If he is still worthy of those votes based on his tenure in office, he'll get them and he will probably win again.
Since 96% of all black votes last election, including mine, went for Obama, I would say we already beat you to it. Remember Mitt Romney is supposed to get 0% of the black vote this time. The answer is no, two wrongs have never made a right. I get wanting to vote for someone based on how their policies might impact you and other people of your race, I did it last time. That is different than voting based on the skin color of the candidate.

No they aren't. The only people who have ever tried to limit my voting rights were the Democrats who tried to stop the military and military family members overseas votes from counting.

In my case it's more like the guy I am convinced is steering my country in totally the wrong direction didn't get back there.

Do me a favor people, quit trying to speak for me.

Oldhag. I'm no Romney fan either, but well said! Especially your last point. I'm with you in the sense that I don't need the media or anyone else telling me who in the Hell I should vote for, or try and speak on my behalf! My vote was going to go to Paul, but now it appears to be heading toward Johnson! They just so happen to be white. Is that racist? NO! I simply feel they are the candidates that best suit my beliefs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections