Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 11:44 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,667 times

Advertisements

OH, so that was the problem all this time on why Romney has not given the specifics to the American people on his tax plan. It would take too long to explain. Maybe they realized the arithmetic wasn't adding up like Clinton suggested in he speech at the DNC. Geeze, I was wondering all this time but I guess we finally know now folks. Mittster better find the time to explain it to the American people and he will have his chance on Wednesday but I'm sure it will the same old dance around the specifics so I don't expect anything different from this character. I guess these two still have the attitude.... Vote for me and I'll tell you the specifics after the election. Nah, it doesn't work that way. The American people are paying attention!

Paul Ryan: 'It Would Take Me Too Long' To Explain Mitt Romney's Tax Plan (VIDEO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 11:50 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,946,145 times
I don't understand how Romney/Ryan can keep doing this.....do they honestly think the American voter will buy a pig in a poke? Is it arrogance or just plain stupidity? Give us the specifics so we can make an informed choice at the voting booth.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:57 AM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,066 times
But they haven't even run the numbers yet...

Paul Ryan's budget balancing act - CNN

Quote:
Ryan: "Well, there are different -- the budget plan that Mitt Romney is supporting gets us down to 20% of GDP (gross domestic product) government spending by 2016. That means get the size of government back to where it historically has been. What President Obama has done is he brought the size of government to as high as it hasn't been since World War II. We want to reduce the size of government to have more economic freedom."

Hume: "I get that. What about balance?"

Ryan: "I don't know exactly what the balance is. I don't want to get wonky on you, but we haven't run the numbers on that specific plan. The plan we offer in the House balances the budget. I'd put a contrast. President Obama, never once, ever, has offered a plan to ever balance the budget. The United States Senate, they haven't even balanced, they haven't passed a budget in three years."

Old 09-30-2012, 01:41 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
OH, so that was the problem all this time on why Romney has not given the specifics to the American people on his tax plan. It would take too long to explain. Maybe they realized the arithmetic wasn't adding up like Clinton suggested in he speech at the DNC. Geeze, I was wondering all this time but I guess we finally know now folks. Mittster better find the time to explain it to the American people and he will have his chance on Wednesday but I'm sure it will the same old dance around the specifics so I don't expect anything different from this character. I guess these two still have the attitude.... Vote for me and I'll tell you the specifics after the election. Nah, it doesn't work that way. The American people are paying attention!

Paul Ryan: 'It Would Take Me Too Long' To Explain Mitt Romney's Tax Plan (VIDEO)
Romney acts like he's put out that the unwashed proletariat (that's us ) even have the nerve to ASK for details about what his tax plan has in store for us.

Those conversations will only take place in "quiet rooms", with other masters of the universe

Old 09-30-2012, 02:13 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times
Gurbie, do you think taxes are easy to do or explain?? Why do you think there are accountants, CPA's and attorneys. Because tax code is NOT EASY. So save it!

Your attack is baseless.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-30-2012 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: copyright

Old 09-30-2012, 02:14 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,948 times
"It would take me too long to explain?" I mean come on, why are they running to lose, I do not get it...

Old 09-30-2012, 02:23 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Trust my values says Mr. Flip-Flopping 47%.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:08 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Paul Ryan: "It would take me too long to explain Romney's tax plan"

Translation, we aint tellin you nuthin

Old 09-30-2012, 03:09 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
So the Romney/Ryan campaign thinks Americans are too stupid to understand their policies.

Wow

Old 09-30-2012, 03:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Funny, you would think Ryan would want to run on the details, if their plan is so amazing, then wouldn't you want to tell people about it? Who wouldn't want headlines about how great a plan is and how much it could really work for America and having the details to back it up. Details are much more powerful than general campaign promises.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections