Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 12:03 AM

180 posts, read 212,037 times

Advertisements

I hope he gets re-elected. I don't want drastic changes right now. The stock market is at 10 year highs. The unemployment rate has been declining steadily. Our auto industry is producing record profits. Most economic indicators have been improving steadily. I think this is a real recovery right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 12:05 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,286,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post

I will cast my vote in November For President Obama again!
Me, too.

And I will do so without the slightest hesitation or reluctance.

OBAMA 2012 !!!

Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,951,385 times
I agree Obama will win but that poll is garbage. Here is a link to the regular version as opposed to the mobile version the OP posted. Obama poised to win 2012 election with 303 electoral votes: The Signal Forecast | The Signal - Yahoo! News They have crosstabs for every state and they show Obama only winning 54% in Massachusetts, that is incredibly ridiculous since it was his one of his top performing states in 2008 and the most Democratic state in America. They also show him winning VA but losing FL, which is a more Democratic state. Remember Gore basically tied Bush in FL in 2000 and Kerry came close there too in 2004 but both lost VA in landslides.

They don't say so anywhere in the article but I think they assume Romney the nominee and they have the Republican way overperforming all over New England. It's just ridiculous how they show him barely winning MA and ME. That's also a big assumption that Romney will win the primary since Santorum is leading now and there could also be a brokered convention.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:18 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,494,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
For 8 horrific years, Republican wrecked the country. One would think they'd learn from their utter incompetence and stupid policies that their ideology stinks. Instead, they put their heads in the sand and foot in mouth, and continuall produce stench like the tea party, obstructionist tactics in Congress, policies that are designed to protect the rich at the expense of everyone else, beliefs that perpetuate and support racism, and so forth. We are subjected to the most ho-hum primary race in recent memory, cursed with the most pathetic GOP candidates in history who appear to be no better than Bush, the worst POTUS in history. The GOP obviously needs to completely re-invent themselves to fit modern times and a multi-cultural society. They were too inept to do this, so tremendous edge to this President. The people in this country want Obama back.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
What wreck? The economy was way better before Obama, and before the Democrats took Congress.

Kerry was supposed to win in '04, lol!

Multi-cultural? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Old 02-17-2012, 12:18 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,598,947 times
I don't know that he'll win by that much of a margin, but he's guaranteed to win. There is no way America is going to elect a theocratic jingoist bigot like Santorum or a flip-flopping empty suit like Romney. The GOP dropped the ball big time.

Man, I bet Pawlenty wakes up every day and kicks himself for dropping out so soon.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:21 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,598,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_ View Post
I hope he gets re-elected. I don't want drastic changes right now. The stock market is at 10 year highs. The unemployment rate has been declining steadily. Our auto industry is producing record profits. Most economic indicators have been improving steadily. I think this is a real recovery right now.
Well, you've been fooled then :P. This whole "recovery" is smoke and mirrors. Companies have trimmed as much fat as they can - they can't go any leaner. Most of these "great" profits are the result of creative accounting tricks and one-offs. The real unemployment rate is still around 15%. The national debt is completely off the rails. The housing situation won't resolve itself until the government stops trying to take from responsible people and give stuff to irresponsible people. The unemployment rate won't drop until the government stops rewarding the lazy.

As to the stock market? AAPL is the only thing keeping the markets looking like they are "up". Have you seen the percentage of the market they make up at this point? The stock exchange actually needs to do a rebalance because it's too heavily weighted towards Apple.

The bottom is gonna drop out from under us, and it will NOT be pretty.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:26 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,028,903 times
Quote:

I hope you're right, as a recovery would remove that fiscal issue from the GOP candidate. President Obama has done well with foreign policy and defense, traditional Republican strengths. Things would be even better if the GOP got a hard message from their constituents that the country's recovery and job creation are far more important issues than trying to ban contraceptives or obstructing progress.

Old 02-17-2012, 01:08 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,200,670 times
Quote:

You are a realtor and you think things are recovering? You obviously sell something besides houses.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:26 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,638,797 times
Lightbulb lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
Obama will lose in 2012. Here's why. The GOP will be forced into a brokered convention. Enter Sarah Palin who has been hammering Obama on the issues lately and who gave a riveting speech the other night that woke everyone up. She enters the convention and is drafted as the nominee because Santorum and Romney can't pull the numbers she can. Palin can motivate the base is a huge way. This is the plan. This is why Palin hasn't endorsed anyone. This is why she stated in September that we would witness a very unpredictable campaign for 2012.
Christmas only comes once a year...quit playing.

No larger landslide, er tsunami would an election ever register than Palin for President.

Obama Tsunami 2012

Old 02-17-2012, 08:11 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,520,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
Obama will lose in 2012. Here's why. The GOP will be forced into a brokered convention. Enter Sarah Palin ...
If the ridiculous did happen - Palin slated as the GOP Presidetial candidate - Obama would probably win re-election by 30 points and the GOP would loose many Congressional seats in the aftermath. It would be a bloodbath that would set-back the party for another decade after it made some strong gains in Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections