Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 09:31 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,986,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Want some cheese with that whine? Geesh.
No, I want my $31B back from big government and hypocrite Ron Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 09:57 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,039,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
.....................Ron Paul is a liar of the worst sort.
About what has he lied specifically? Links?

Old 02-06-2012, 11:33 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,447,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
If everyone who didn't vote for Paul thinking he couldn't win, actually voted for him, he would have won.
If he was as popular as some contend he would have won.He won two counties in Nevada,one by one vote.Some of these counties didn't have 200 voters total.He managed to win nye county again by a wide margin but didn't do much elsewhere.If the mormons who only make up 9% of the total population,[which includes children so likely 2-3% of the voting age population} can turn out 20% of the vote there is no reason Paul supporters couldn't have done better....unless they don't exist in the numbers some think they do.

Results aren't even in from Maine yet and some of you are already questioning the results....just like I said you would.I'm sure it will be more of the same when he doesn't do much in Colorado,Minnesota,or Missouri tomorrow either.

I like the guy OK but I realize that i'm on the 'fringe' politically and that most people don't and aren't going to support him.Maybe someday his ideas will be more widely accepted...a few of them are now,and its only taken a few decades......

Old 02-07-2012, 12:58 AM

26,676 posts, read 15,229,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
If he was as popular as some contend he would have won.He won two counties in Nevada,one by one vote.Some of these counties didn't have 200 voters total.He managed to win nye county again by a wide margin but didn't do much elsewhere.If the mormons who only make up 9% of the total population,[which includes children so likely 2-3% of the voting age population} can turn out 20% of the vote there is no reason Paul supporters couldn't have done better....unless they don't exist in the numbers some think they do.

Results aren't even in from Maine yet and some of you are already questioning the results....just like I said you would.I'm sure it will be more of the same when he doesn't do much in Colorado,Minnesota,or Missouri tomorrow either.

I like the guy OK but I realize that i'm on the 'fringe' politically and that most people don't and aren't going to support him.Maybe someday his ideas will be more widely accepted...a few of them are now,and its only taken a few decades......
Good points. I would like to point out that he won one county with 34% of the vote and the other with 46%. One of his better showings to have actually won a county, but still not convincing and still only enough for 3rd out of 4.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:25 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,902,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Einsteinsghost whining about Paulinists whining....whats new?
Coming from a guy who can't differentiate between a whine or a whine... cry me a river, it makes for an amusement. Paulinists are just as much a useful idiots as their leader themselves.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:38 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,173,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Coming from a guy who can't differentiate between a whine or a whine... cry me a river, it makes for an amusement. Paulinists are just as much a useful idiots as their leader themselves.
I think you were confused when you named yourself here.

You complain about Paul supporters all the time. How is that any less annoying? Hm, it's not. If you put anything useful in your posts, they might be bearable to read. Your head is so far up your rear you don't realize you make yourself seem stupid by your endless antagonizing posts.

Since you hate Ron Paul, or all republicans, put something substantial in your posts so you don't come across as a hypocrite.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
I think you were confused when you named yourself here.

You complain about Paul supporters all the time. How is that any less annoying? Hm, it's not. If you put anything useful in your posts, they might be bearable to read. Your head is so far up your rear you don't realize you make yourself seem stupid by your endless antagonizing posts.

Since you hate Ron Paul, or all republicans, put something substantial in your posts so you don't come across as a hypocrite.
Ron Paul cries about something... nothing new.
Ron Paulites cry about something... nothing new.

At least toddlers have a decent reason to cry. Even they can occasionally be happy about something around them.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:11 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,173,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Ron Paul cries about something... nothing new.
Ron Paulites cry about something... nothing new.

At least toddlers have a decent reason to cry. Even they can occasionally be happy about something around them.
It proves my point. You're a hypocrite. You complain about people being annoying, and then go out of your way to be annoying.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:13 AM

12,688 posts, read 6,765,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsterp View Post
I'd say it has more to do with Iowa and Nevada being caucus states and the others being primary states. If they were trying to suppress Ron Paul, we would have seen it in NH too. I think we need to re-examine our use of caucuses. Perhaps primaries are more reliable.
A valid point, but the whole concept of a Caucus is actually a very valuable thing.

A lot of people head to the polls on election day with only a very vague idea of why they are voting for the person they are voting for. A caucus format essentially forces voters to stop, listen to the rest of the voters make the case for why they are supporting the candidate of their choice. Every candidate's supporters can stand up and make the case for their guy.

The voters listen. Then they think. Then they vote. This is actually a very good idea! Wouldn't be a bad idea in the general election.

This is exactly why Ron Paul does better in Caucus states. The mainstream media does a lousy job of actually making the case for each candidate. Ron Paul is very easy to make the case for because his positions and the logic behind them are rock solid.

What should happen: The caucus should be dismissed but all present should be allowed to stick around and watch as the votes are counted. They should be allowed to leave and come back to watch the counting and let those who stayed earlier on go home and get some sleep. That is exactly what didn't happen in Iowa and Nevada.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
It proves my point. You're a hypocrite. You complain about people being annoying, and then go out of your way to be annoying.
I'm not complaining... I'm enjoying. Learn the difference.

That Ron Paul and Ron Paulites crying is nothing to complain about... it is predictable at EVERY turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections