Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:19 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,811,662 times

Advertisements

Bill O'Reilly & Mike Huckabee Admit There's No Difference Between Romney, Gingrich & Santorum - YouTube

I don't think O'Reilly and Huckabee thought that this exchange might end up highlighting Ron Paul in a good way when they said this (or else they wouldn't have said it), but it should give all Romney, Newt and Santorum supporters cause for pause. Beyond minor superficial differences, aren't they all the same with regards to their core policies? Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 10:22 AM

9,890 posts, read 10,820,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post

Bill O'Reilly & Mike Huckabee Admit There's No Difference Between Romney, Gingrich & Santorum - YouTube

I don't think O'Reilly and Huckabee thought that this exchange might end up highlighting Ron Paul in a good way when they said this (or else they wouldn't have said it), but it should give all Romney, Newt and Santorum supporters cause for pause. Beyond minor superficial differences, aren't they all the same with regards to their core policies? Think about it.
Well if Oreilly and Huckabee said it it must be true...........I do agree. the important thing is they are much different from Obama.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:26 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,844,801 times
Having 3 candidates winning a State each shows how fractured the party is. O'Reilly and Huckabee are right they really all are the 'same meat but different gravy" and when a accusation is thrown at one you might as well throw it at all of them.......... not one of these Candidates are fit to be President, no matter how many excuses are made for them and this now past it's sell by date of how no matter what, they must get rid of Obama........ even though Obama is now turning the economy around and house sales are up and our troops are finally coming home and health care is now beginning to get to people who really need it, etc etc etc etc

Old 01-22-2012, 10:50 AM

791 posts, read 460,572 times
3 empty suits and a man for the People, it really shouldn't be that hard to figure out...

Old 01-22-2012, 11:27 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,564 times
Actually, I think they all are much like Obama, except Paul.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Actually, I think they all are much like Obama, except Paul.
Yeah that is why most Paul supporters would vote for some one like Obama or Dennis Kucinich before they would vote for A Conservative Republican.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:38 PM

313 posts, read 833,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah that is why most Paul supporters would vote for some one like Obama or Dennis Kucinich before they would vote for A Conservative Republican.
Why do you keep repeating this when your own post asking Paul supporters, proved this wrong?

Most of the Paul supporters said they would write in Paul or go third party. Several of the people who actually voted in the poll are not Paul supporters to begin with.

IMO, there are no other "Conservative Repubicans" running. Plenty of progressive republicans.

Old 01-22-2012, 03:03 PM

791 posts, read 460,572 times
Quote:
There goes Old Silas, he's at it again!!

Old 01-22-2012, 04:04 PM

Look I understand your passion and idealism for Paul , but one only has to go through the posts on here from Paul supporters to understand that his base is not longstanding Conservative Republicans.Many posters on here explain that, they registered Republican for one reason to support Paul. I know it is a tough pill to swallow but in this Country we have a 2 party system, the President is going to be either a Republican or Democrat....Ron Paul will never have the support to become the nominee within the Republican party,(most his supporters hate most other Republicans) Ron Paul is basically the antiwar Candidate in this primary.Obama, reneged with all his ridiculous promises about ending the wars, now Paul is the pied piper. All this does not mean I dont like Paul or his ideas, it just means I understand where a lot of his support comes from and not enough of it comes from the Republican base who elects its nominee.

Old 01-22-2012, 11:39 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,808,411 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
Why do you keep repeating this when your own post asking Paul supporters, proved this wrong?

Most of the Paul supporters said they would write in Paul or go third party. Several of the people who actually voted in the poll are not Paul supporters to begin with.

IMO, there are no other "Conservative Repubicans" running. Plenty of progressive republicans.
Silas is right on this one. Any real Paul supporters, would never support the GOP as to what it has become today as a hard right wing, huge government, huge spending, anti-constitution, neo-fascist party. This is exactly what Paul is fighting against and why the GOP machine hates him.
Paul's libertarian stances are very in line with strongly progressive views. This video with Paul and Nader is just one example showing this,

Ron Paul & Ralph Nader: A Libertarian-Progressive Alliance? - YouTube

There are many faux-Paul supporters especially around this site that claim they are Paul supporters, but then post hard right wing stances that Paul is strongly against. I also would take what people post with a grain of salt as every election time people say to the extent "I'm done with the R's and D's! I'm voting 3rd party!" then at the voting booth vote D or R anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections