Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 12:36 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,278,236 times

Advertisements

There's nothing new here. Santorum is by far the candidate most likely to continue the trend of overspending. I thought it was common knowledge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 12:48 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,177 times
I think Santorum comes across as knowledgeable, well spoken and passionate. But I fear the passion is not entirely what I would be passionate about. Red flags during the Sat. debate were when it was brought out that he voted to expand NCLB and voted against Right to Work, which I did not hear him deny. Neither of these were music to my ears.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"Rick Santorum’s voting record reflects his rejection of small government. See for yourself."

What a Big Government Conservative Looks Like | RedState

Because the candidates keep getting social conservative questions, Rick Santorum comes off like some big conservative. But take a look at how he's voted! My God, he's voted wrong on just about every big issue! Scroll past the column to see his votes on things like the NEA, Nominations, Labor, taxes, guns, welfare, etc.

Here's just a few examples of the numerous Santorum votes cited:

Voted against food stamp reform.
Voted twice for internet taxes.
Voted twice for a Congressional payraise.
Voted to impose a uniform Federal mandate on states to force them to allow convicted rapits, arsonists, drug kingpins, and all other ex-convicts to vote in Federal elections.
Voted to increase spending for the Department of Education by $3.1 billion.
Voted against transferring $20 million from Americorps to veterans.
Voted to allow gas tax revenues to be used to subsidize Amtrak.
Sponsored an amendment to increase Amtrak funds by $550 million
Voted against a flat tax.
Voted to allow illegal immigrants to receive the earned income credit before becoming citizens.
Voted to raid Social Security instead of using surpluses to pay down the debt.
Voted against hiring an additional 1,000 border partrol agents, paid for by reductions in state grants.

Yikes, there's a campaign anti-Santorum TV ad right there!
Funny how none of the Republicans are refuting what you posted here. I thought the Republican Party was a small government party? Where are all the mainstream Republicans that come on this board talking about the virtue of small government....and how the Republican Party is going to get the nominee right THIS TIME??

I'll keep checking back to see. Won't hold my breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections