Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:44 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,817,738 times

Advertisements

This one is pretty funny.

Rick Santorum Says Vote For Ron Paul If You Want Someone Who Voted Conservatively - YouTube

Guy: Explain why you voted for No Child Left Behind, Medicare Part D and 5 debt ceiling increases. What's limited government about that, sir?

Santorum: You should vote for Ron Paul. That's what you should do.

Sound advice, I'd say. Frothy made sense for the first time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 08:29 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,952,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
This one is pretty funny.

Rick Santorum Says Vote For Ron Paul If You Want Someone Who Voted Conservatively - YouTube

Guy: Explain why you voted for No Child Left Behind, Medicare Part D and 5 debt ceiling increases. What's limited government about that, sir?

Santorum: You should vote for Ron Paul. That's what you should do.

Sound advice, I'd say. Frothy made sense for the first time.
Well he seemed to have issues w/ public schools also so I have to give him some credit on that. I agree vote for RP.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Well he seemed to have issues w/ public schools also so I have to give him some credit on that. I agree vote for RP.
My issue with the public schools is that they dumb the students down with policies like NCLB, which Santorum happened to vote for. I would like to see the entire public school system dismantled and property taxes abolished. (Or at least an option to opt out of not paying property taxes, if I don't intend to use the public schools for my children.)

Santorum's issue with the public schools is that they make a person less "Godly" (i.e. they might learn science and math and stop believing in the Bible voodoo magic).

Different things.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
My issue with the public schools is that they dumb the students down with policies like NCLB, which Santorum happened to vote for. I would like to see the entire public school system dismantled and property taxes abolished. (Or at least an option to opt out of not paying property taxes, if I don't intend to use the public schools for my children.)

Santorum's issue with the public schools is that they make a person less "Godly" (i.e. they might learn science and math and stop believing in the Bible voodoo magic).

Different things.
I was referring to his supposed comment in ref to socialization. Public schools have many issues w/ quality socialization. I agree about the education and funding. I think parents should have the right to educate as they see fit both financially and legally (referring to taxes here and in some places laws). Taxes are a whole other issue also.

Last edited by CDusr; 03-12-2012 at 10:41 PM..

Old 03-13-2012, 04:15 AM

865 posts, read 678,584 times
He can't even keep his cool under mild pressure, and he is running for President? Wasn't that part of why he was voted out of the Senate, that he would snap on voters who had both legitimate concerns and decided to peacefully protest.

At least he doesn't just resort to a defensive laugh most of the time, I guess that would show how souless of a man he really is.

Old 03-13-2012, 07:10 AM

26,664 posts, read 15,222,500 times
I would bet that before the video he was harassing Santorum pretty good about Ron Paul's better policies. Still, this looks bad for Santorum.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:08 AM

4,184 posts, read 4,203,995 times
Thought he is conservative. So a big government conservative? Like a "pretty-ugly" person?

Old 03-13-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Thought he is conservative. So a big government conservative? Like a "pretty-ugly" person?
Santorum is a fiscal liberal and a social conservative. So Santorum will not only blow taxpayer money, but will also regulate your sex life. How bad is that combination? That's even worse than Obama.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
He can't even keep his cool under mild pressure, and he is running for President? Wasn't that part of why he was voted out of the Senate, that he would snap on voters who had both legitimate concerns and decided to peacefully protest.

At least he doesn't just resort to a defensive laugh most of the time, I guess that would show how souless of a man he really is.
Apparently he can't hire someone or be bothered to fill out paper work either.

Kinda like Geithner. Although, recently may actually be some justice or at least feigning of it.

Judge Napolitano-Last week Geithner was arrested and released! [© FOXNews] (Everybody Loves Silver) - YouTube

Old 03-13-2012, 06:04 PM

4,184 posts, read 4,203,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Apparently he can't hire someone or be bothered to fill out paper work either.

Kinda like Geithner. Although, recently may actually be some justice or at least feigning of it.

Judge Napolitano-Last week Geithner was arrested and released! [© FOXNews] (Everybody Loves Silver) - YouTube
You know nothing going to happen to him or any of the bankers

Welcome to Fascism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections