Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 08:53 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,344,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Bad manners are usually caused by ignorance or a lack of upbringing also and that is my gift back to you sweetie. You have a good day!
A mind is a terrible thing to waste....but you go right ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 07:53 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Tonight, I watched the first half hour of The Factor (I'll watch the second half at 11:30P). Bill O'Reilly, Dick Morris, Dennis Miller and Bill Burton (Democrat) all commented on the Romney/Perry debate brouhaha about Romney and illegals. But NONE of them, NONE of the 4 of them, commented on Romney saying "I’m running for office, for Pete’s sake. I can’t have illegals." Yet that opportunism is what the Democrats honed in on, today. Why the omission? Look, they could have taken any side on that "running for office" bit from Romney. They could have mentioned it in terms of how the Democrats responded to the debate, but NO, it wasn't mentioned at all (or it was edited out, can't believe the Burton guy didn't mention it if the DNC already included it in a video). This is why it's just as hard to trust the Republican media as it is the Democrat media. Bias does not just rear its head overtly. It rears its head covertly in what is not said. How do I trust Fox News if they are just as bad as the liberal media in not reporting the whole story?

"Did Mitt Forget?" - YouTube

DNC hits Mitt Romney debate gaffe - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Less-than-honest Romney - The Drum Opinion (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Mitt Romney: "I'm Running for Office, for Pete's Sake! I Can't Have Illegals!" - New York News - Runnin' Scared

I did not watch the show, but I HAVE herd this debated by several on FOX
about this
also on Hannidy on his radio show
so also how Perry shot himself in the foot for being so combative
in the debates
personally, I could care less about some of this crap they yammer about
I still will vote against Obama
this is a process, just like it was for the democrats when they fought it out
I still am sicked by Obama's dirty fight towards Hillary, which is who I was supporting
she would have made a good president, she is a lot more center leaning
and she has something Obama will never have
a working brain!
But she lost my support for going to work for that ass hole!

Old 10-23-2011, 08:41 PM

24,514 posts, read 33,345,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
If you want fair coverage, Fox is the last place you'd want to go.
Once again...

2008 Presidential Election Coverage

Fox News
40% of McCain stories were negative
40% of Obama stories were negative

MSNBC
73% of McCain stories were negative
14% of Obama stories were negative

Source: Project for Excellence in Journalism, Oct. 29, 2008

Looks like MSNBC is the last place you'd want to go for fair coverage!

Old 10-23-2011, 08:43 PM

24,514 posts, read 33,345,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
BTW, does it get any more "ironic" than hearing FOX fans complain about "fairness" on O'Reilly (oh, the horror, the humanity...)!
O'Reilly is among the fairest commentators out there. Regular viewers know this to be true.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:12 PM

7,371 posts, read 16,029,172 times
I listen to liberal as well as conservative radio, and yesterday I was having a conservative talk radio day. I did hear Barbara Simpson of KGO radio make a big issue of the statement.
These politicians do reveal themselves all the time. Just keep your ears and eyes open.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:19 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,133,513 times
It's a complete non issue Perry tried to pull and it backfired on him as usual....

Old 10-24-2011, 07:17 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,060,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I did not watch the show, but I HAVE herd this debated by several on FOX
about this
also on Hannidy on his radio show
so also how Perry shot himself in the foot for being so combative
in the debates
personally, I could care less about some of this crap they yammer about
I still will vote against Obama
this is a process, just like it was for the democrats when they fought it out
I still am sicked by Obama's dirty fight towards Hillary, which is who I was supporting
she would have made a good president, she is a lot more center leaning
and she has something Obama will never have
a working brain!
But she lost my support for going to work for that ass hole!
Look, Bill O'Reilly and analysts' take on Romney saying "I’m running for office, for Pete’s sake. I can’t have illegals," could have even been Perry failing to point out Romney's opportunism. That would be 2 strategy mistakes that Dick Morris missed, one of Romney's apparent lack of coviction versus political opportunism (something that has followed Romney over the years - flip-flopping) and Perry missing the chance to score when it's placed right at his feet. But to do the latter, they would have had to mention the former. I just can't believe when the Democrats were all over it, 4 so-called news and opinion people missed it entirely.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:05 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,020,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
A mind is a terrible thing to waste....but you go right ahead.
Indeed. To quote Abraham Lincoln, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Romney would benefit by getting that tattooed on his forehead.

Old 10-24-2011, 01:55 PM

106 posts, read 159,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
How do I trust Fox News if they are just as bad as the liberal media in not reporting the whole story?
You can't trust O'Reilly at all. I vastly prefer Megyn Kelly on Fox when I'm looking for facts and "fair and balanced".

But let's face it, we can't trust the media, we have to do our own homework and think for ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections