Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 10:49 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,948,186 times

Advertisements

Is it time to declare the Palin factor officially over? I feel it is.

Palin, initially, was thrust onto the scene at the RNC and effectively provided CPR to the stagnating and stale McCain campaign. The Republicans grabbed hold of her like a lifeline and tried their hardest to convince people that she was a diamond in the rough.

But then she opened her mouth, unscripted, and that newly unearthed gem began to look a lot more like Fool's Gold. She came dangerously close to becoming the anchor that sunk McCain's chances for good.

Now, after last night's debate, I think she landed somewhere in neutral territory. She failed to catapult McCain as she did at the convention but she wasn't the laughing stock some expected either. She delivered a one dimensional performance that lacked much insight and questionable sincerity. The polls reflect that.

We've seen the best and worst Palin has to offer and I think she has left many underwhelmed. I would say that the verdict of the majority is "Thanks but no Thanks."

With 4 more weeks to go, I think McCain is left to carry the weight of the remainder of his campaign on his own shoulders. Will this election once again become one between McCain and Obama? I believe that is where we are at right now. I hope I'm right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 11:06 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
I think Palin prove to be too "ordinary" for most people's comfort for being Vice-President. She went way overboard with being folksy. "dog gone it" "you betcha". Jeez..what a side show.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:10 AM

Old 10-03-2008, 11:13 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
I think Palin prove to be too "ordinary" for most people's comfort for being Vice-President. She went way overboard with being folksy. "dog gone it" "you betcha". Jeez..what a side show.
I agree. She was ridiculous. I was squirming with embarrassment for her by the end.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:15 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
And the DC politician talk is any better? She was just being herself, I hate people who speak like they are royalty.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:16 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,937 times
I think so as well. I don't see a bounce from this, not after the nightmare economy week and McCain's many slip-ups.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:17 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Gsoboi - As someone in computing, flow charts such as that shown are a part of my everyday life.

Have to say your example is hilarious!
I laughed 'till I had tears in my eyes.

THANKS!!!!

Ken

Old 10-03-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I agree. She was ridiculous. I was squirming with embarrassment for her by the end.
her whole debate style was amateurish. Her eyes were wide open and she always looked into the camera. She dodged plenty of question. She made it through the debate without any major gaffes but she is clearly out of her league.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:18 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,862,062 times
Her paegant skills came in handy for sure. She wasn't presidential at all. And to give the shout out to the school was really inappropriate if you ask me. She tried to dumb down the office of VP and I don't think people will buy it. Biden proved to be knowledgeable, caring, and a person who gets it. Obama/Biden have this race made in the shade. And Palin lost McGrumpy the election.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:18 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
And the DC politician talk is any better? She was just being herself, I hate people who speak like they are royalty.
You feel that phony "yooooooooooooooo betcha!", continuous-winking business is "being herself"?

I'm insulted on behalf of hicks everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections