Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:22 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,082,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
And the DC politician talk is any better? She was just being herself, I hate people who speak like they are royalty.
No body cares about her speaking like royalty, we just wanted some competent answers and a few sentences that did not include maverick, again, in Alaska, when I was mayor, or HEY OUT THERE< DO YOU REMEMBER I AM A MOM when the question was about what might be a nuclear trigger!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 12:29 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
I can see it now...

SNL MODERATOR: As America watches these things happen on Capitol Hill, Governor Palin, was this the worst of Washington or the best of Washington that we saw play out?

TINA FEY: You know, the other hackey mams and I, we discuss the economy at our childrens' matches, and if I ask them how they feel about the economy, doncha know, there's gonna be some fear in their voices. You betcha.

SNL MODERATOR: Yes, ok, but my question was, "As America watches these things happen on Capitol Hill, Governor Palin, was this the worst of Washington or the best of Washington that we saw play out?" Would you like to respond?

TINA FEY: Oh, you betcha I would. You see, John McCain is a maverick and he even suspended his campaign to help bring folks together and to be a maverick and put his country first. Maverick. You betcha. Maverick.

SNL MODERATOR: What promises -- given the events of the week, the bailout plan, all of this, what promises have you and your campaigns made to the American people that you're not going to be able to keep?

TINA FEY: Well, let me talk a little about that there energy plan. Doncha know, back in Alaska, I had to take on those mean ol oil companies, and bless their little hearts, they're not really fans of mine now. You betcha!
Thanks! Funniest thing I've heard all day.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:33 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,012,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Is it time to declare the Palin factor officially over? I feel it is.

Palin, initially, was thrust onto the scene at the RNC and effectively provided CPR to the stagnating and stale McCain campaign. The Republicans grabbed hold of her like a lifeline and tried their hardest to convince people that she was a diamond in the rough.

But then she opened her mouth, unscripted, and that newly unearthed gem began to look a lot more like Fool's Gold. She came dangerously close to becoming the anchor that sunk McCain's chances for good.

Now, after last night's debate, I think she landed somewhere in neutral territory. She failed to catapult McCain as she did at the convention but she wasn't the laughing stock some expected either. She delivered a one dimensional performance that lacked much insight and questionable sincerity. The polls reflect that.

We've seen the best and worst Palin has to offer and I think she has left many underwhelmed. I would say that the verdict of the majority is "Thanks but no Thanks."

With 4 more weeks to go, I think McCain is left to carry the weight of the remainder of his campaign on his own shoulders. Will this election once again become one between McCain and Obama? I believe that is where we are at right now. I hope I'm right.
I agree with you. I was yearning for her to fall on her butt, but for the most part that didn't happen. I think that we saw the "best" that she can be last night, but i think that she's in the same intellectual category as dan quayle or george w.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:29 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,704,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Thanks! Funniest thing I've heard all day.
No problem! I'm here all week...

For real, though, Palin gave SNL plenty of material last night. I can't wait. Long live Tina Fey.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:57 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,481,531 times
She's just dumb...Why are we even analyzing this. GOP pundits like Pat Buchanan claiming that she wiped the floor with Biden are smoking that good stuff.

I can't understand how anyone can say she was anything better than horrible. Did you listen to her answer regarding the climate. She "impacts" like 50 times. She didnt understand the question. She didn't even know what achilles heel meant. Its incredible! She's a sportscaster, plain and simple. Scripted snappy lines, winkes and jive. ]

Palin, a world leader? Hell, no...

Vote O'Biden 08 if you want our country to regain it's respect.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:27 PM

20,295 posts, read 37,216,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
And the DC politician talk is any better? She was just being herself, I hate people who speak like they are royalty.
You are correct. A great majority of US voters are not royalty, and are not higher educated. If she can connect to this majority, that's a plus to McCain.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:41 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,704,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
I can see it now...

SNL MODERATOR: As America watches these things happen on Capitol Hill, Governor Palin, was this the worst of Washington or the best of Washington that we saw play out?

TINA FEY: You know, the other hackey mams and I, we discuss the economy at our childrens' matches, and if I ask them how they feel about the economy, doncha know, there's gonna be some fear in their voices. You betcha.

SNL MODERATOR: Yes, ok, but my question was, "As America watches these things happen on Capitol Hill, Governor Palin, was this the worst of Washington or the best of Washington that we saw play out?" Would you like to respond?

TINA FEY: Oh, you betcha I would. You see, John McCain is a maverick and he even suspended his campaign to help bring folks together and to be a maverick and put his country first. Maverick. You betcha. Maverick.

SNL MODERATOR: What promises -- given the events of the week, the bailout plan, all of this, what promises have you and your campaigns made to the American people that you're not going to be able to keep?

TINA FEY: Well, let me talk a little about that there energy plan. Doncha know, back in Alaska, I had to take on those mean ol oil companies, and bless their little hearts, they're not really fans of mine now. You betcha!
Hey, I wasn't too far off!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections