Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 09:15 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,963,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
The point you are missing is: if someone other than Paul gets the nomination, it will be like voting for Obama anyways. The difference of it being an R or Obama does not matter, the policies will most likely not be much different. We need radical change and any candidate other than Paul WILL NOT bring it!
The "they're all the same" mantra is sooooo tiring.

Would John McCain have appointed Sotomayer and Kagan to the SCOTUS? NO.

They are not "the same."

I bet if Ron Paul actually won, you'd be whining about he's just like all the rest after a year or two. Face it, you're just a malcontent. Nobody, even Ron Paul, will ever satisfy you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 12:04 AM

313 posts, read 834,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

They are not "the same."

I bet if Ron Paul actually won, you'd be whining about he's just like all the rest after a year or two. Face it, you're just a malcontent. Nobody, even Ron Paul, will ever satisfy you.
You have no idea who I am so don't make assumptions! Why do certain people have to resort to personal attacks? I sure hope that no one can say that I have been rude or attacked anyone on here.

If our country collapses, I'm not sure it will matter what judges were appointed.

Ron Paul is not like the rest and he has a long record to prove it.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

They are not "the same."

What some are overlooking, even if he were to win, (which we all know is very unlikely) he can only do so much. Too many think the Pres is in charge of everything. They do not take into consideration the Pres has to have support of both or at least one house. I do not think Paul would have that support.

And yes, this "they are all alike" is getting a little out of hand. Are most candidates similar? Sure, in some ways, but they are very different. I just listed yesterday, a few things that are different between GW and Obama for starters. Your example is one of them.

Nita

Old 07-08-2011, 08:13 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,837,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

This is an interesting poll. It shows that Obama would win against ANY of the Republican candidates if ran against him in 2012. And you can't say this is innaccurate, because it's the average of ALL polls out there (Gallup, Rasmussen, etc.).

I agree with the poll completely. As someone who voted Republican my entire life, I think 2012 will be the first year I will vote Democrat for president. None of the GOP candidates excite me or agree with my ideas, except for Ron Paul.
Well the country has sunk half way down the drain...keep it up and we can go completely submerged.
YouTube - ‪Submarine diving (view from periscope)‬‏

Old 07-09-2011, 02:23 AM

313 posts, read 834,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What some are overlooking, even if he were to win, (which we all know is very unlikely) he can only do so much. Too many think the Pres is in charge of everything. They do not take into consideration the Pres has to have support of both or at least one house. I do not think Paul would have that support.

And yes, this "they are all alike" is getting a little out of hand. Are most candidates similar? Sure, in some ways, but they are very different. I just listed yesterday, a few things that are different between GW and Obama for starters. Your example is one of them.

Nita
Stepping back and looking at the whole picture, if our country goes bankrupt and the people are left scrambling, will it really matter what judge was sworn in?

I tend to believe that if Paul were elected as President, it would send a clear message to those in Congress that they better change their ways or they will soon be out! It would take the people to get on to their representatives and urge them to work with him.

Would we rather have a president in office that will veto anything that is not good for the American people and that would uphold the constitution or would we rather have someone in office that would be business as usual? Make a couple insignificant changes but still keep us on the fast track to destruction? Congress would have to work together for the good of the people or nothing would get done.

Every law that is passed, every executive order that is signed is chipping away at our individual liberties. If nothing else, Ron Paul would be able to save some of our freedoms by not letting unconstitutional laws be passed and he would bring some back by abolishing the past executive orders. That is a major win for the American people! (He'd also be able to bring troops home to end the unjustified wars saving the taxpayers lots of $$)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections