Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 07:48 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,960,888 times

Advertisements

No "lifelong Republican" would vote for this failed extremist radical. Well, perhaps a blind disabled one who had no knowledge of what has happened in the past 3 years would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 07:48 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,464,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

This is an interesting poll. It shows that Obama would win against ANY of the Republican candidates if ran against him in 2012. And you can't say this is innaccurate, because it's the average of ALL polls out there (Gallup, Rasmussen, etc.).

I agree with the poll completely. As someone who voted Republican my entire life, I think 2012 will be the first year I will vote Democrat for president. None of the GOP candidates excite me or agree with my ideas, except for Ron Paul.
He wouldn't win if he was running against Ron Paul based on public interest in the past 30 days-- IN SPITE of the president having more media attention. Ron Paul still out distances him by an additional 1/3 to one half.

Sure, if you take the other Republican no name candidates and average in their lower scores with Ron Paul's, the president would win against the average but not if you separate Ron Paul out.

Google Trends: Barack Obama, Ron Paul

Old 07-06-2011, 07:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post
The Constitution has many, many shortcomings and it's downright laughable that Americans view it as being the best thing that ever existed. It is one of the reasons the USA is in a hot mess right now.

What infuriates me though is the use of the Constitution and the Founding Fathers by the Tea Party/GOP as a way to appeal to (naive) masses.
You don't even live in AMerica, what do you care about who we choose as our Pres or how we feel about our constitution?

Nita

Old 07-06-2011, 07:54 PM

313 posts, read 834,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkay View Post
The Constitution has many, many shortcomings and it's downright laughable that Americans view it as being the best thing that ever existed. It is one of the reasons the USA is in a hot mess right now.

What infuriates me though is the use of the Constitution and the Founding Fathers by the Tea Party/GOP as a way to appeal to (naive) masses.
The political climate that we have now is very, very far from the Constitution.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:11 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
The political climate that we have now is very, very far from the Constitution.
The political climate that we have now wants to destroy the Constitution.

And Obama and company (the globalists, the Clintons, etc) are working fervently to do just that. It is a real threat.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:12 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,065 times
its not impossible to believe that some republicans will vote for obama, because they will.

obama still has a 14 percent approval rating among republicans, according to a cnn poll.

why wouldnt that 14 percent vote obama if they end up nominating somebody far right like a bachmann, or a democrat in romney?

obama is still a heavy favorite.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:14 PM

1 posts, read 830 times
Default Nep321....what?

So b/c none of the GOP excite you, you will vote for a Democrat. Does Obama excite you and do you agree with his view? This the sort of thinking that has us in this position today. Time to re-examine your beliefs.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:20 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,926,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTCskino View Post
So b/c none of the GOP excite you, you will vote for a Democrat. Does Obama excite you and do you agree with his view? This the sort of thinking that has us in this position today. Time to re-examine your beliefs.
the poster is open minded and can vote for either party. i will take that any day over a in line dem or repub that just checks off R or D down the line.

as i said in my prior post, there are republicans who approve of the job obama is doing. why wouldn't they vote for him if the gop puts up a candidate they don't like?

you have to stop thinking of everything as zero sum, one or the other.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
I really doubt mnay are going to vote for him in the end with this economy.Certainly they shopwed their mood i the mid-terms especaily in state house elctions. Democrtas tho should keep dreaming.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:53 PM

313 posts, read 834,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you actually mean you would vote for Obama if your God, Paul does not get the nomination? I find that almost impossible to believe..If that is the case you certainly are not real Republicans. This is not a blast on Paul by any means, it is just so far out I can't believe it. Did you not vote for McCain in 2008?

Nita
Paul is not my God.

I personally would not vote for Obama but I would not vote for a Repub either. I would either write in Ron Paul or not vote for a President at all.

I did vote for McCain but not because I liked him but because I despised Obama. Yes, I have always voted R, but I am only 31 so that's not that long. I have very conservative values.

I have learned a lot in the last few years and I am behind Paul 100%. The thing about Paul supporters is, most of us have researched him fully. We've read his books and we know that he has the answers that we are looking for. I don't agree with him 100% on everything but I know that he is closest that there is right now. He has a record to prove himself and he uses the Constitution to base his vote- you know what you're getting with him.

All the others, IMO, would be the same thing that we have had for years. Why vote a Repub in to have them do the same things or close to the same things as Obama. Then the Repubs get the bad name again- you know the media bashes them more than the D's. I really don't think that any of the other candidates can beat Obama in the general election. Independents are going to be needed to beat him and we need someone that will appeal to them as well. They usually will not vote for an ultra conservative. People (from all parties) are and have been saying that we need to bring our troops home and Paul is the only one that is saying he will do that. I think that would win a lot of people over Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections