Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 07:25 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,650,642 times

Advertisements

Herman Cain is another great "just for laughs" choice. Since the GOP will not win this election, they can use it to send a message -- in Cain's case, the message would be: see, we ain't racist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 07:47 AM

589 posts, read 376,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Herman Cain is another great "just for laughs" choice. Since the GOP will not win this election, they can use it to send a message -- in Cain's case, the message would be: see, we ain't racist!
or "GOP takes back the black vote"

Old 06-04-2011, 08:00 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
If you don't care than why bother with a race baiting troll thread?
And if you really care about the ideals of the tea party, why would you back a former fed chairman?
Agreed. Cain is big government all over. Once the debates start into full swing he'll get exposed for supporting bailouts and supporting the Federal Reserve.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flize View Post
or "GOP takes back the black vote"
I just don't see Cain making much headway with black voters. Black people are overwhelmingly Democrat, and I think the majority of them would even vote for a white Democratic candidate over a black Republican one. That said, I do think Cain would be a good choice because he would be fresh evidence to black Americans that - yes, the majority of white people truly aren't racist. Too bad racists are a large enough minority in conservative circles to make a Cain nomination impossible though.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:26 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flize View Post
Yeah, Herman Cain CEO, good businessman, he's crush Obama easily in this economy
Barack Obama has been running the United States of America since January 2009. Running a pizza joint can't compare

Old 06-04-2011, 05:08 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
I said: I can't wait for Liberals to say that tea party people are only supporting Cain because he's nothing more than an Uncle Tom, a token black guy, making them racists FOR supporting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
You'll be waiting a very long time.

then

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
You're going to have more then a few on the right claiming that the Democrats are racist, based on things like a greater majority of Democrats voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act (almost 50 years ago), Byrd was a member of the KKK (over 60 years ago) and some will even go way back to the civil war. But themselves? Oh well they're supporting a black guy for President so there's no way they can be racist

How long did you say I'd have to wait? It didn't take as long as you thought evenstar51. It's no shock and completely expected.

Last edited by steven_h; 06-04-2011 at 05:29 PM..

Old 06-04-2011, 05:19 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I just don't see Cain making much headway with black voters. Black people are overwhelmingly Democrat, and I think the majority of them would even vote for a white Democratic candidate over a black Republican one. That said, I do think Cain would be a good choice because he would be fresh evidence to black Americans that - yes, the majority of white people truly aren't racist. Too bad racists are a large enough minority in conservative circles to make a Cain nomination impossible though.
Talk about double speak. On one hand you say nominating him would show black Americans (I could say something about that term) that most white people (that one too) aren't racists. Then you say too bad a large enough minority (implies majority) are racists.

Talk about playing both ends from the middle. At this point electing someone based on skin color is long gone my friend. You, and democrats like you, are the ones that hold dearly onto such notions.

I will say something about those labels. I am not white, if I was I'd be a freak. African americans aren't black, could you even imagin that? When you add color into a description aren't you perpetuating racial ideas? We are, after all, just different shades of brown.

I'll vote for the guy or gal that I think will do the best job and not based on fleshtones.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:03 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:
Barack Obama has been running the United States of America since January 2009. Running a pizza joint can't compare
Obama has been running the US into the ground since 2009.

I think we need to go in another direction. Mark Warner was a good businessman who turned into a great governor. We need someone who knows about dollars and cents. Cain will be interesting, I say this as a Ron Paul guy.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Talk about double speak. On one hand you say nominating him would show black Americans (I could say something about that term) that most white people (that one too) aren't racists. Then you say too bad a large enough minority (implies majority) are racists.

Talk about playing both ends from the middle. At this point electing someone based on skin color is long gone my friend. You, and democrats like you, are the ones that hold dearly onto such notions.

I will say something about those labels. I am not white, if I was I'd be a freak. African americans aren't black, could you even imagin that? When you add color into a description aren't you perpetuating racial ideas? We are, after all, just different shades of brown.

I'll vote for the guy or gal that I think will do the best job and not based on fleshtones.
a) Black Americans is the preferred term for well, black Americans, according to the Associated Press style guide. That's why I use that term. I could say blacks, African Americans, Afro-Americans, etc., etc. All I'm looking for is a good descriptive, neutral term for a group of people.

b) Same goes for "white people" -- when I say, "white people" you and everyone else knows exactly who I mean.

c) There is a large minority of racists (not a majority) in the Republican party. I know that for the past few years it's been popular amongst conservatives to make it out like the "liberals" are the racists, but this just isn't true, and you can say this over and over again and it still won't make it so. Are most conservatives racists? No. Are most racists conservatives? Yep. You betcha.

Last edited by WestCobb; 06-04-2011 at 08:27 PM..

Old 06-05-2011, 01:34 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,530 times
Quote:
Man, you are right. I agree 100%. Barack Obama has
been running the USA like a cheap pizza joint since 2009 & nothing can compare with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections