Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the GOP primary be a circus?
Yes 53 74.65%
No 18 25.35%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 06:14 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,263,356 times

Advertisements

By the looks of things, maybe it won't be much of a circus after all. Looks like all the GOPers are afraid to run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2011, 08:55 AM

5,864 posts, read 5,010,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Interesting how different people view things: I know more people pushed to the right than the left in the past 3 or 4 years, I guess it is who you hang out with and what you beleive. As for getting more attention this time than last: Yes, Paul will but Johnson didn't run last time so why do you say he will get more attention this time? Paul will still not get the bid because of his age if nothing else. It became an issue with McCain even, who was much younger at the time.

Nita
Yes but John McCain looked, and still looks, like an old man not far from death. I mean if nothing else, being a POW put a lot of mileage on his body. Ron Paul may be older but I believe is younger in mind and body.

But really, age is a shallow issue I believe. People should vote on ideas and issues.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:33 PM

44,756 posts, read 62,137,194 times
John McCain is wishy washy, vascilates on every issue. He showed poor decision making last election by letting Palin be on the ticket. He's a has been today.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:16 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,859,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
John McCain is wishy washy, vascilates on every issue. He showed poor decision making last election by letting Palin be on the ticket. He's a has been today.
This is why I'm excited about this GOP primary season. No McCain...I love it! All of the candidates are very appealing to me compared to McCain.

I bet some of the GOP establishment, in their wildest dreams, would like McCain to be the nominee again. It brings me tremendous pleasue knowing it's never going to happen.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:17 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,443,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I doubt he made the decision to put Palin on the ticket, his campaign leaders did and it appeared at first to be a very positive move. As the interviews started people could see she just was a little too niave.

It is too bad more didn't find out how upready Obama was for the job as well.

Nita

Old 05-01-2011, 03:25 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,859,485 times
Palin was selected to make the ticket at least somewhat attractive to conservatives. Of course at time they had no idea how hardcore the media would demonize her and brainwash Americans to hate her.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:32 PM

22,278 posts, read 19,620,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Palin was selected to make the ticket at least somewhat attractive to conservatives. Of course at time they had no idea how hardcore the media would demonize her and brainwash Americans to hate her.
Oh please, the media didn't brainwash Americans to hate her, the crap that came out of Palin's mouth is the reason.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:04 PM

40,048 posts, read 34,778,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Oh please, the media didn't brainwash Americans to hate her, the crap that came out of Palin's mouth is the reason.
Which is precisely why the thought of Trump, Palin, Bachman and Paul is so fascinating. It will be a race to see which one of them can do their own party the most harm.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:25 PM

8,274 posts, read 4,061,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Which is precisely why the thought of Trump, Palin, Bachman and Paul is so fascinating. It will be a race to see which one of them can do their own party the most harm.

Unless things start improving drastically, the election will be another referendum on Obama.

it wouldn't matter if they form a nude mud-wrestling team - a mediocre Republican could win.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:39 PM

22,278 posts, read 19,620,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Unless things start improving drastically, the election will be another referendum on Obama.

it wouldn't matter if they form a nude mud-wrestling team - a mediocre Republican could win.
Yet in virtually every head to head poll Obama leads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections