Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 10:22 AM

187 posts, read 181,831 times

Advertisements

He saved the american auto industry and with it millions of jobs, after the republicans have given up with this industry, the economy has recovered significantly, unemployment stabilized and started lowering, the usa is seen with respect all over the world again, Barrack will win in a victory reminiscent of Reagan in 1984, you can bet on that, I would advise any serious candidates to abstain........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 01:48 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,548,631 times
Reminds me of Boris from Golden Eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXW02XmBGQw

Old 03-29-2011, 03:51 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
He saved the american auto industry and with it millions of jobs, after the republicans have given up with this industry, the economy has recovered significantly, unemployment stabilized and started lowering, the usa is seen with respect all over the world again, Barrack will win in a victory reminiscent of Reagan in 1984, you can bet on that, I would advise any serious candidates to abstain........
and I am sure those candidates will listen to you. Get real!!!!!
Oh and by the way, the USA is not seen with respect all over the world, it is seen as having a Pres that is totally indecisive....No, if he wins it will not be anything like 1984, at least I don't think so. Maybe you would do well to open your eyes and realize views like your are opinions only, not facts like you would like people to think they are. Oh and by the way, normally our country is capitolized, it is not usa, but USA....This goes for the word America as well. To me, you are insulting our country.

Nita

Nita

Old 03-29-2011, 06:32 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
I would not say invincible but he will be very hard to beat considering who the repugs might put up against him.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:01 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh and by the way, the USA is not seen with respect all over the world, it is seen as having a Pres that is totally indecisive
Nita

Nita
There you go AGAIN, projecting YOUR views on other people and professing to know what THEY think when in in truth you have NO CLUE what they think.

Views of the US continued their overall improvement in 2011, according to the annual BBC World Service Country Rating Poll of 27 countries around the world.

On average , 49 per cent of people have positive views of US influence in the world--up four points from 2010--and 31 per cent hold negative views.

In 2007 a slight majority (54%) had a negative view of the United States and only close to three in ten (28%) had a positive view; America was among the countries with the lowest ratings. Views began to rise in 2008, with positive views rising to 32% on average, and now the USA is in a middle tier position, ranking substantially higher than China.

Views of US Continue to Improve in 2011 BBC Country Rating Poll - World Public Opinion

Maybe you should just stick to speaking for YOURSELF.

Ken

Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Quote:
Oh and by the way, the USA is not seen with respect all over the world, it is seen as having a Pres that is totally indecisive....No, if he wins it will not be anything like 1984, at least I don't think so. Maybe you would do well to open your eyes and realize views like your are opinions only, not facts like you would like people to think they are. Oh and by the way, normally our country is capitolized, it is not usa, but USA....This goes for the word America as well. To me, you are insulting our country.

Nita

Nita
Typical ad hominum ignorant attack. If you can't refute the facts then attack the poster. Did you learn your ways from Fox news or have you always been this way?

Old 03-29-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
There you go AGAIN, projecting YOUR views on other people and professing to know what THEY think when in in truth you have NO CLUE what they think.

Views of the US continued their overall improvement in 2011, according to the annual BBC World Service Country Rating Poll of 27 countries around the world.

On average , 49 per cent of people have positive views of US influence in the world--up four points from 2010--and 31 per cent hold negative views.

In 2007 a slight majority (54%) had a negative view of the United States and only close to three in ten (28%) had a positive view; America was among the countries with the lowest ratings. Views began to rise in 2008, with positive views rising to 32% on average, and now the USA is in a middle tier position, ranking substantially higher than China.

Views of US Continue to Improve in 2011 BBC Country Rating Poll - World Public Opinion

Maybe you should just stick to speaking for YOURSELF.

Ken
Ken, as for the view from other countries about America, have you traveled and done business in India, Asia, UK, and the mid east lately?

NIta

Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Typical ad hominum ignorant attack. If you can't refute the facts then attack the poster. Did you learn your ways from Fox news or have you always been this way?
I did refute the OP and I do stand by my comments about the USA and America. I also stand by my view that statemensts she is making are opinion and not fact. Did I learn anything from FOX, absolutely not. I don't watch FOX anymore than I do any of the cable networks. I do, usually watch O'Reilly and Sunday Chris Wallace. That is about it. I don't watch TV much period, certainly not like many libs do. I read publications, I read various blogs on the net and the newspaper, which of course is a pulbication.

Nita

Old 03-29-2011, 08:07 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
Ken, as for the view from other countries about America, have you traveled and done business in India, Asia, UK, and the mid east lately?

NIta
Recently, no - though I have immediate FAMILY who IS East Indian (both here and in India) and family that IS British (in Britain) and family that IS Chinese-Filipino, and family that IS currently in the Middle East. More to the point however, I'm not CLAIMING to speak for those people.

As I've said, I'm not FROM those countries nor do I CLAIM to speak for them.
Maybe YOU should do the same - especially since the evidence doesn't seem to back up your claims.

First you claim to KNOW what LIBERALS think, then you claim to KNOW what foriegners think - when apparently you are NEITHER.
You should simply stick to what you KNOW - which is Rightwing politics.

Ken

Old 03-29-2011, 08:14 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
This is yet another thread stating the same thing over and over.

We have 4 threads with the same Barry is so great.

Believe me he has no chance in hell of winning any re-election.

His failures, mistakes and poor decisions will place him as the worse President in our history even before his first term is done.

Add in his massive foreign failures, his lies of not closing Gitmo, not bringing the troops home from Iraq as promised.

Record foreclosures, jobs losses, record bankruptcies filed, massive debt and wasteful spending he has piled up.

He has ZERO chance against any number of viable GOP candidates.

Again I will have to explain that he would have to win all of the independent vote and he will not, millions of GOP votes which he will not and will have to get all of the liberals votes which he will not get.

There are NOT enough liberals in American to get him to win.

There are more TP members then liberals in America.

Therefore, lame duck quacking his way back to Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections