Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,460,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
This is yet another thread stating the same thing over and over.

We have 4 threads with the same Barry is so great.

Believe me he has no chance in hell of winning any re-election.

His failures, mistakes and poor decisions will place him as the worse President in our history even before his first term is done.

Add in his massive foreign failures, his lies of not closing Gitmo, not bringing the troops home from Iraq as promised.

Record foreclosures, jobs losses, record bankruptcies filed, massive debt and wasteful spending he has piled up.

He has ZERO chance against any number of viable GOP candidates.

Again I will have to explain that he would have to win all of the independent vote and he will not, millions of GOP votes which he will not and will have to get all of the liberals votes which he will not get.

There are NOT enough liberals in American to get him to win.

There are more TP members then liberals in America.

Therefore, lame duck quacking his way back to Chicago.

Ignorance is sure bliss. Obama, will have us going down a cliff, but the drunken sheeple, will be telling us, everything is good, everything is great, comes a time, when you just have to say, do i really believe this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 06:13 PM

22,666 posts, read 24,632,000 times
Whoever wins....well, in my opinion this country will still be headed down the drain.

The National Debt is just going to gobble up more and more of the nations wealth, money that should be used to make this a better country will instead be making interest payments to China and others.

Expect to see more global babysitting by the USA.....no matter which party holds the majority. And yes, we will bring in more and more 3rd-6th world immigrants that will further drain our welfare system. Cheers!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-31-2011, 07:54 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,266,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Apparently you've very poor comprehension skills.
The survey listed has NOTHING to do with the CEO's PERSONAL finances, it has to do with the anticipated SALES of their companies and their HIRING PLANS. DUH!!!!

The fact is, despite your endless "doom & gloom" corporations hiring rampups are the HIGHEST they've been in a DECADE (since the survey was started). That is VERY GOOD NEWS for American workers. THAT is what is going on.

Is it going to take a while to clear the backlog of layoffs that have occured over the last 3+ years?
Of course it is - but it WILL HAPPEN, and in fact it's ALREADY started to happen - and this year will see the pace of it speed up as the year goes on.

As far as all the foreclosed houses - they'll start clearing out too once the job market improves further.

Ken
Hiring will cease when oil is $200/bbl and the mass layoffs will begin. Remember January 2009 when the economy lost 600,000 jobs? That is going to become the new normal and we WILL have a few months before the end of 2011 when the job losses are in the millions. The "tent cities" will explode as millions of people continue to lose their homes at an exponential rate. 2011 will end with unemployment north of 15% and by election time next year the situation will be so dire in this country Obama will not have a chance of being re-elected. This would be a perfect time for a third party to step in. Desperate times require desperate measures, and neither the Democrats of the GOP are up to this challenge.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:31 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,351,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Hiring will cease when oil is $200/bbl and the mass layoffs will begin. Remember January 2009 when the economy lost 600,000 jobs? That is going to become the new normal and we WILL have a few months before the end of 2011 when the job losses are in the millions. The "tent cities" will explode as millions of people continue to lose their homes at an exponential rate. 2011 will end with unemployment north of 15% and by election time next year the situation will be so dire in this country Obama will not have a chance of being re-elected. This would be a perfect time for a third party to step in. Desperate times require desperate measures, and neither the Democrats of the GOP are up to this challenge.
LOL

More extreme silliness.
Where do you get this stuff - comic books?

Oil will go NOWHERE NEAR $200/bbl. If it gets anywhere near $150 the world economy will slow (though not nearly to the level you describe) and oil prices will drop again. Prices that high would definitely put a crimp in the recovery but not enough so as to bring about your "apocalypse".

Ken

Old 03-31-2011, 08:39 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,266,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
LOL

More extreme silliness.
Where do you get this stuff - comic books?

Oil will go NOWHERE NEAR $200/bbl. If it gets anywhere near $150 the world economy will slow (though not nearly to the level you describe) and oil prices will drop again. Prices that high would definitely put a crimp in the recovery but not enough so as to bring about your "apocalypse".

Ken
Extreme silliness? In September 1929 people would have said the same thing if you would have told them only a month later the entire thing would collapse and America would enter a decade-long severe depression.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:55 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,402,013 times
Quote:
Extreme silliness? In September 1929 people would have said the same thing if you would have told them only a month later the entire thing would collapse and America would enter a decade-long severe depression.
Ken is correct. High oil prices will cause the economy to cool, when the economy cools there is less demand, when there is less demand there is less borrowing, when there is less borrowing there is deflation, and finally when there is deflation commodity prices fall. It is a cycle, the same thing happened in the 1930s, the economy cooled, demand fell and then prices fell.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Yes, "extreme silliness". We've ALREADY had our equivalent of 1929 and the world is now in recovery.
Would a rapid rise in gas prices put a crimp in that?
Of course it would. As mentioned by Randomstudent, it would definitely cause problems. It would hardly bring about yet another 1929 scenario however. There is simply too much growth pressure all around the world.

Folks like you tend to simply focus on the US and generally try and claim the recovery will fail because of Obama - but the fact is, this recovery is a WORLD-WIDE event and the US is NOT the only driver (perhaps not even the major driver anymore). China, India & the rest of the 3rd world nations are undergoing RAPID modernization and this affects the WHOLE WORLD both in GOOD and BAD ways. Their rapid growth puts pressure on commodities such as oil - which is a negative factor, but their INCREASING CONSUMPTION for manufactured goods also drives economic growth. That's part of the reason why THIS TIME AROUND factory production is one of the MAIN DRIVERS of the recovery. US Factory orders have been BOOMING.

Your problem is you are not looking at the WHOLE picture. You are simply focusing on the negative aspects of all this increased demand (specifically for oil in this case) while ignoring what is DRIVING that demand - and what is DRIVING that demand is the rapid MODERNIZATION of the 3rd World Countries - and that modernization is NOT going to STOP simply because gas prices rise. The demand for modern goods is HUGE in the 3rd World and THAT is what is driving (and will continue to drive - no matter WHAT gas prices do) the worldwide recovery.
Will a rapid rise in gas prices set the recovery back and delay it somewhat and slow it down?
Of course.
Will it stop it?
Not a chance.

The current economic rise is a "Sea Change" event - NOT simply something going on in America.

Ken

Old 03-31-2011, 11:16 PM

313 posts, read 325,110 times
Its almost like watching the movie The Omen. Only this is real. Obama as the Anti-Christ and George Soros as Satan. Kinda spooky and to think 2012 is almost here. The fight against good and evil. I know what side i am on. Do you?

Old 03-31-2011, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo700 View Post
Its almost like watching the movie The Omen. Only this is real. Obama as the Anti-Christ and George Soros as Satan. Kinda spooky and to think 2012 is almost here. The fight against good and evil. I know what side i am on. Do you?
Well, I'm on the side of education and common sense - rather on the side that believes in the Anti-Christ, Satan and silly horror movies.

And boy am I glad.

Ken

Old 04-01-2011, 01:57 AM

313 posts, read 325,110 times
I know us uneducated people are still having a hard time with who this President really is. Is he Barry Soetoro or Barack Obama. I know he is educated like you because he went to school in Indonesia as Barry Soetoro and ran for President as Barack Obama. His birth certificate is still up in the air. I dont know, seems like it would make a good scary movie to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections