Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,084 times

Advertisements

I am in your same situation I've lived in Juarez for 3 months. I moved to Juarez because my wife is waiting for her visa. It is a wonderfull City. Juarez welcomed us with open arms. Life is dagerous if your into the nite life like concerts, Bars, night clubs etc. The people of Juarez are very nice and the life style is great were in the USA can you watch a 3D movie in leather recliners while drinking a cold Corona(beer).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 10:34 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,282,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by probles13 View Post
The people of Juarez are very nice and the life style is great were in the USA can you watch a 3D movie in leather recliners while drinking a cold Corona(beer).
In Houston for starters, it is not unique. Not only can you sit in leather seats with your beer, you also have the option of sitting at a table and eating dinner too. You not need to worry about violence, oh no, none of that... Texas' Concealed Handgun Law allows you to take your Glock into the movie theaters too for that lil' bit of peace of mind.

The Alamo Draft House
Studio Movie Grill
Star Cinema Grill

Old 08-07-2011, 09:31 AM

232 posts, read 736,664 times
I think the discussion about Juarez stirs the pot of curiosity - much like the shocking things we hear about Detroit. We aren't looking to see these places to go slumming or feel better about ourselves...to the contrary - I think once you really see places like Juarez or Detroit you mostly see people who aren't criminals, who work hard, and have no means to get out. These two cities are the cheapest places to live - if someones struggling there, how're they going to be able to orchestrate a move to a new city, find a job, first/last months rent plus deposit...it's not that easy to get out.

Something has to be done so the people living there don't have to live like this. This is insane! Unfortunately, I have no idea what the solution is. I don't believe that Detroit is a lost cause (yet). And it does sound like a lot of people in Juarez have US college degrees. There has to be some sense of hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso