Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 09:37 PM

247 posts, read 605,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catetote View Post
Yeah it was concerning SPI not El Paso
aww. oh well but I wish they would reveal which company it is so we can get an idea of maybe what to expect in the future. Ive heard rumors of the park Hawaiin Falls, but thats about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 02:56 PM

422 posts, read 1,295,388 times
I could see it being Hawaiian falls. They are in smaller communities around the Dallas area and are putting one in Waco, TX. It would be OK...but not schlitterbahn...which is the only water park I would give tax incentives too...that would be a regional tourist destination for the folks in NM and far east arizona

Old 12-12-2012, 04:03 PM

404 posts, read 861,032 times
Well rumors are just rumors they keep us all excited and wondering, it would be nice if it was schlitterbahn water park; if it gets done it must definitely be way better than Wet and Wild.

Old 07-08-2014, 05:52 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,139,860 times
Might be happening after all...

Breaking: City issues request for proposals for northeast water park at Cohen Stadium - KFOX - El Paso Top Stories - Breaking News, Weather, and Traffic

Old 07-08-2014, 09:29 PM

879 posts, read 3,038,326 times
I saw something on channel 9 earlier but they didn't mention that Wet n Wild was sort of involved with the talks about possibly moving to the NE.

Here's their story:
City accepting waterpark proposals for site near Cohen Stadium | KTSM News Channel 9 | News, Weather and Sports | El Paso, Las Cruces, Juarez

Channel 7 also came out with a couple of articles and one of them talks about Wet n Wild focusing on its expansion in Anthony instead of moving to the NE, which is great news since I didn't even know W'n'W was expanding with new slides coming next year almost doubling in size.

Wet 'n' Wild Waterworld responds to news of proposed water park in NE El Paso | News - Home

City requests proposal to develop water park/adventure park near Cohen Stadium; would include zip line | News - Home

So I guess there is still the possibility of two full size waterparks in EP.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:53 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,139,860 times
This is nothing but a guess on my part. Wet N Wild being in Anthony does nothing for tax income to the City. Or am I wrong? While great for the area, I am guessing the City wants a water park to be inside city limits so that they can collect sales and property taxes.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:43 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
This is nothing but a guess on my part. Wet N Wild being in Anthony does nothing for tax income to the City. Or am I wrong? While great for the area, I am guessing the City wants a water park to be inside city limits so that they can collect sales and property taxes.
Developers demand tax breaks and the city caves and gives them... (Outlet Mall, The Fountains...)

Old 07-09-2014, 10:37 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA2EP? View Post
I could see it being Hawaiian falls. They are in smaller communities around the Dallas area and are putting one in Waco, TX. It would be OK...but not schlitterbahn...which is the only water park I would give tax incentives too...that would be a regional tourist destination for the folks in NM and far east arizona
Hawaiian Falls sounds perfect for the space. They're relatively compact as far as waterparks go and are much easier for a family to coordinate a trip to than say, Hurricane Harbor.

Old 07-09-2014, 02:55 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,525,099 times
If the city contributes will the city get some of the profits?

Old 07-14-2014, 10:51 PM

879 posts, read 3,038,326 times
A report from KFOX came out today, it says that about a dozen potential developers came out to Cohen today to discuss the city's proposal of a future water park and sports complex at this location.

Reps from both Hawaiian Falls and Wet 'n' Wild were at the park. A VP from Hawaiian Falls says that they are interested in coming to El Paso and will be submitting a proposal.

Developers looking to build northeast water park meet with city - KFOX - El Paso Top Stories - Breaking News, Weather, and Traffic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso