Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 10:02 AM

4,584 posts, read 12,412,121 times

Advertisements

You might check with GS rescue...they might be interested in finding a home as the dog is young.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 10:27 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,712,931 times
All I can say is thank God, Bob found you! It was meant to be. I always say that they are led to us for some reason. Bob needed a safe place to rest his head and yours was it! How many dogs do you have? I have 6 rescues right now. The last one I found in the street (Jenny) I just could not make the call to animal control. I knew she would never see the light of day again if they took her. So here she stays, a safe place to rest her head with the others here! Bob is beautiful and very unique looking. Yes, he will probably be stuck to you like glue for the rest of his life. All these abused rescues do. They have such a fear of going back to where they were I think.
Good luck with Bob and I hope everything works out for him in his new home with you and your family!

Old 04-04-2009, 05:18 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,622,576 times
Bob is beautiful...and I agree, I like the name! Thank you for taking him in, he found you for a reason, and I have the feeling he will be one of the most sweet & loyal dogs ever because he will know how good he has it. Everything happens for a reason...!

Old 04-04-2009, 07:24 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,256,293 times
all I can say is god bless you .

Old 04-05-2009, 06:44 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,148,176 times
In a perfect world, people like you would be granted blessings of money to take care of all these fur babies.

I always believe an animal finds you for a reason. I believe that dog was meant to come to you...maybe he was sent by someone.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:37 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,712,931 times
I cannot tell you how many times I changed the direction of my driving last minute, only to be led to a stray dog in need of a helping hand! Meant to be!
I actually did that one day and found a dog that went missing from a vet after a spay a year earlier. The vet tech took her out to wee and she slipped the collar. She had been staying in a neighborhood for a year, where a woman was feeding her. I got her reunited with her owner a year later. That was something else! Talk about a wierd coincidence!
Something even wierder, the owner never even called to thank me! She also lived 45 min. from that vet.
She had adopted the pup from our rescue group and took the pup to our vet. This is how we knew about the dog missing.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:35 PM

821 posts, read 2,047,028 times
wow - Congrats, good luck and he's lucky to have found you guys...
just give him all the love ya can and he'll probably one of the best dogs ya ever had.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:17 PM

106 posts, read 442,253 times
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and comments! Returning West, I did think about a breed specific rescue but then thought about the fact that I do have room for him (no one else), I can afford to take care of him, so if I keep Bob then that makes 1 more space for another one somewhere. In any case, Bob is hanging in there trying very hard to learn the ropes. One thing he does not know . . . is well everything. Although someone thought they must be training him to learn 'no' all they did was teach him to be afraid. He has no clue at all what the command 'no' means. He jumps on us, he jumps on counters, he has a serious case of separation anxiety, and that teeth chattering is just strange. But it's not all bad! He is house trained. He knows how to 'sit' on command . He did finally relax a bit today instead of just sitting and staring or trying to be in my lap constantly (I run my own business and am home all the time), which was great to see. He does not play, not with us, not with toys . . . yet. He's a fiend for treats and cat food. So for now we are trying to retrain him to be a dog, just a dog. It will be so great the first time he will play with us!

Old 04-07-2009, 03:33 PM

2,784 posts, read 8,053,773 times
I wouldn't worry about the teeth chattering. My Vizsla does that every time he's over excited lkie when we return home after an evening out. Those wounds sound like bad kennel wounds,i.e. tears at the ears, eyes from other dogs through chain link fencing. Also the "round" wounds sound like they could be from open pipes or fencing links. God bless you for taking the poor bugger in. I wouldn't even begin to bother looking for the former owners unless you wanted to press charges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs