Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2012, 05:46 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,401,855 times

Advertisements

I hadnt posted in awhile cause she was doing sooo good! For 2 months she play for about an hour between the Living room & dinning Room & Kitchen She Not Once pottied on the Carpet she would go to papers in kitchen to potty! I had planned to anounce this on her BDay [2/17] BUT a week before she pood on the Carpet! Then a few days later she was laying down chewing on a chewie & got up was Pee where she had been!! Now in the past month she poo 2 more times & peed once!

I know dogs have a learning curb but this is beynd me! I have praised her ALL the time she went to paper. I made over her like crazy! I told her No when she made these mistakes & the last time I sprayed her with Vinagar! She does Not seem to get this Potty Training! Frankly neither do I

Any ideas WHY she be perfect for 2 Months then go back to messing on the carpet again? O And last nite I gave her a bath & put a clean dry towel in her crate & she Poo'd on it!! I have been able for 3 Months to leave cloth bedding in the crate & until last nite she Not potty on the cloth Just used her litterbox!

At 13 months old this behavour is getting OLD UGH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 07:23 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,450,609 times
It's frustrating - she could just have had an off day (my new girl is 3 and isnt very reliable but I think in her last home, was encouraged to use potty papers, it's not an option here and basically she's doing very well but patience is key) - they do want to please and although it's very annoying, woudlnt spray her w/ vinegar, that's not going to do anything other than to make her fear the bottle (and you). Would prob. take her out more often and give her a tasty treat as a reward when she 'goes'. Some just need more time than others, remember little dogs have small bladders and need to be taken out more often, also she may be confused bc she was allowed to go on potty papers and now cant. Like us, they're not perfect and are going to have good and bad days, she's still a baby so hang in there, patience grasshopper <G>, she'll figure it out although it may take a little longer than you anticipated (myself too), good luck and Happy St Patty's day (maybe tomorrow you'll be luckier, lol).

PS We feed 2x/day - you may do that as well but they get more on a schedule if they're fed once or twice (what I'd sugget for a toy breed) a day rather than to let them nosh all day (not saying you're doing that, I dont know but that was another thought) - take her out when she wakes up, starts circling, after eating etc - ours gets active and has 'that look' in her eyes and we know we gotta move fast, lol - sometimes you can do everything right and they still make a mistake, there seems to be no rhyme or reason - dont let it discourage you - it'll happen, just maybe not as fast as we'd hope.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:32 PM

1 Treats dont interest her LOL But I do Praise a lot!
2 Shes doing this 3 ft from me not hiding just stops & goes! I cant jump up quickly do to back problems, knees & hips! Think she realised this UGH Kinda hehehe you cant get me! Thats why I hit her with the Vinigar! BUT didnt bother her Nooo She finished potty then Licked it OFF cripe!! She so strange LOL
3 When shes done she taken to jump in my lap tho all the time I saying NO & struggling to get up! So don think she fears me... Most dog do run if not from me being mad at least from the spray bottle.... This dog confuses me & Everything I thought I always knew about dogs!!

Old 03-18-2012, 04:15 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,450,609 times
I think you want to use the spray bottle only to get her attention, say No at the same time, soon she'll realize what No means - it's like God corrected her - but you dont want to use it indefinitely, I think the vinegar could hurt her eyes anyway, if you get it in them accidently.

I think i mentioned one of mine isnt an eager walker, in fact she'd just as soon plop down on the front lawn. The past couple of times we walked them, we've walked them in the street (very quiet, very little traffic), for some reason she likes that more - when we get to a certain point, where traffic is busier, we have to walk on the sidewalk and by then she's in a walking mode and is happy and eager. Who knows how long it'll last but it sure is nice while it does, lol.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:25 PM

Sounds like your dog is afraid of cars...cant blame her!

Yes vinagar stings! My sons been cought in a few crossfires over the yrs LOL He says it stings for few seconds then fine. I got Laby right between the eyes got No reaction! So Vinagar is out anyway.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 PM

OK Now I KNOW this dog is Nuts!! I took her outside instead of potting 10 to 15 ft from me as she has been doing....she came right up to me & Pooped AT MY FEET!! Cripe! So not only is she potting at my ft inside she doing it outside now as well...yeck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs