Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 04:53 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,319,675 times

Advertisements

I just got home from dinner (UK time) and dropped off a friend at her swanky apt that has a swanky trendy restaurant below the apartments. Two guys standing talking outside with the cutest King Charles who couldn't have been older than a year, I'm sure he was less. We had to walk past them to get to her entrance and I couldn't walk by and not say anything, so I told him not to and played a little with the doggie before I went in. I just hope he doesn't make a habit of it. I also hope he gives the poor doggie lots of water when he gets home if he doesn't have the sense to ask for water at the bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 06:08 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,681,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I just got home from dinner (UK time) and dropped off a friend at her swanky apt that has a swanky trendy restaurant below the apartments. Two guys standing talking outside with the cutest King Charles who couldn't have been older than a year, I'm sure he was less. We had to walk past them to get to her entrance and I couldn't walk by and not say anything, so I told him not to and played a little with the doggie before I went in. I just hope he doesn't make a habit of it. I also hope he gives the poor doggie lots of water when he gets home if he doesn't have the sense to ask for water at the bar.
Some men are dumb when it comes to animals..women never tease a dog, but did you notice guys will tease dogs! UGH!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:08 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,990,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Some men are dumb when it comes to animals..women never tease a dog, but did you notice guys will tease dogs! UGH!

Old 09-12-2008, 07:14 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,394,113 times
I had a girl friend that gave her dog beer.... She also gave it to her kids Both under Doctors orders.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:05 PM

342 posts, read 1,834,155 times
I've seen it done numerous times. Lots of people unfortunately think it's a cool "trick" and show off their beer-drinking dog in front of company. I attended a bbq at a boss's house recently where this happened, and I've seen some of my friends/colleagues do it too. When you point out that beer/alcohol is bad for their systems, the friendlier responses ranges from "but he likes it" to "it's only a little". The nastier responses have included some colorful language.

There's no cure for stupid...

Old 09-13-2008, 04:40 PM

1,087 posts, read 3,527,039 times
My dog loves beer. I found this out one day when I left the room, and when I returned I found him with my bottle of beer. He had taken it from the end table and drank what was left. Thank goodness it was the non-alcoholic kind! Since it was non-alcoholic, I thought it was just the taste of beer he liked, and didn't think he would go after real alcohol, but one Christmas when my family came to visit, I found out he also likes the hard stuff, which I don't keep around the house for myself. My dad had a glass of rum on the table, and we caught my dog with his snout in the glass, drinking from it. Luckily he didn't get much before we caught him. Now we make sure when my family visits, their drinks are watched very closely, or kept way out of reach!

Old 09-13-2008, 04:49 PM

113 posts, read 563,953 times
I'd never intentionally give my dog alcohol, but one time recently, I spilled a glass of wine (a direct result of having too many unspilled glasses of wine before it!), and in the 30 seconds it took me to go into the kitchen to get towels, Chloe decided she loved wine too.

I walked back in to Chloe practically nuzzling the wine soaked carpet. I shooed her away, and she was totally fine. Though perhaps a bit more loving and vocal that night

Old 09-13-2008, 08:55 PM

13,931 posts, read 39,394,113 times
One thing about Beer for those that home brew the HOPS are Very Toxic....so make sure you wrap them good before you toss them cause like antifreeze animals love them..

Old 09-15-2008, 12:07 AM

18,745 posts, read 33,478,931 times
One dog knocked over a beer once and eagerly licked it up. They obviously like it, but that's certainly no reason to give it to them. Heavens, some dogs will eat anything. I've yet to find something my beagle won't eat. Oh, right, he didn't eat the wasabi hot stuff near the sushi he stole. Even the beagle has limits.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:48 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,319,675 times
I roasted a leg of lamb for Sunday dinner and had some folks over and one brought their ageing lab over. Some how he wandered into the kitchen and in the split second my back was turned that leg of lamb that I had just taken out and left on the side was gone. Having small dogs it never crossed my mind to put it elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs