Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 04:29 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,588,711 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to say Thank you to everyone as your support means alot. I work Fri, Sat and Sun nights 12 hr shifts so weekends tend to be hard days for me to post much . I have had some good suggestions from several people some from people on the black salve group which I hope to speak to Dr. scanlan about. For now Dash is getting the neoplasene everyday so he is a bit stuffy but not as bad as in the past as he gets his Robitussen DM which seems to help him. The swelling has not grown any more which is good.He is doing well and is waiting for his walk so I will try to post more tomorrow or Tuesday( sometimes I end up sleeping all Monday to recover from my weekend!)

Dash does say Oscar looks like his kind of guy thinking about his snacks as Dash himself loves a good snack and lives for them! Got To run! Jan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 10:23 AM

15 posts, read 90,235 times
Erica

I use lowfat cottage cheese and flaxseed oil in the bottle which I used to buy from Trader Joe.

Mixing Cottage Cheese/Flaxseed oil 2:1 ratio.

I gave Bear about 4 TSP of Flaxoil and 8 TSP of Cottage cheese a day
for first 2 weeks ( 1/2 in the morning, 1/2 in the evening) and after then,
I reduced to it by half ( 2 TSP Flaxoil 4 TSP Cottage Cheese).

I chose the amount after I read the instruction about Budwig Diet.
The details about Budwig Diet can be found at:
The Budwig Diet- Flaxseed Oil & Cottage Cheese

I am mixing it with my hand since I don't have proper mixer.
I put flaxoil and cottage cheeze in the plastic container and mix it with the spoon each time and gave him immediately as instructed.

You also can find how to mix at :

YouTube - Flaxseed Oil & Cottage Cheese Recipe www.budwigvideos.com

Bear has great appetite and excellent digest system and he loves to eat that mix.
It costs below $1.00 per day.

I believe It's worth to try especially for early stage of cancer and the one who is too old or too weak physically for the intense external treatments.

I think it can be applied along with other treatments as long as there is no apparent negative effects to on-going treatments.

I really love to hear our best friends are getting better and better and enjoying good quality of life.

With my best wishes..

Is Scout Golen Retriever?

Chol

Old 03-02-2009, 11:05 AM

129 posts, read 491,407 times
Default Scout

Thanks for the recipe, Chol. I'm going to give it a try--it can't hurt and doens't cost much, so we'll see how it goes. I'll let you know. Yes, he is a Golden. Here's a photo--I don't think I've posted one of him yet. You can see a bit of the radiation effects on his right side. This was taken this past fall. I just read that 60% of all Goldens die of cancer. I love the breed more than any other, but what a terrible statistic.
Attached Thumbnails
Nasal cancer-img_0726.jpg  

Old 03-02-2009, 03:55 PM

7 posts, read 25,768 times
Default Im going threw the same thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears Dad View Post
Bear is looking his mom with love..while waiting his dinner.
4 days ago.
Our Tasha was diognosed about three weeks ago. She seems to do ok for about a couple weeks. Then bam another bloody nose. How is Bear doing? Just thought I would let you know that you have a friend out here.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:41 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,588,711 times
Update on Dash. Yesterday he looked terrible was restless, panting at about 3-4X the normal rate, avoiding me and Jazz but keeping an eye on us, as he would do a frequent pass through the room to see where we were what we were doing. He had the smell of blood on his breath yet only an occassional trickle out his nose( blood smells horrible and once you smell it you will recognise it right away). He has had thick thick snot the past several days and a ton of it. His nose itched alot. He just looked like he did not feel good yet he was eating well and interested in walks.

Yesterday I put he and Jazz in the car and noticed he had goop in his left eye so wiped it out that made Jazz sniff at his face then she began licking his eyes and muzzle. My little mommie dog! I have to admit seeing them like that made me cry as it was such a tender moment between the old friends.

I was thinking either we are about to have a big blow out of tissue from his nose ( as he had been getting neoplasene everyday down his nose since last week) or I may be calling the vet and putting him down soon, He was awake panting at that rapid rate all night!

At about 7:30 this morning I heard what sounded like a car horn and when I looked out in the hall Dash was doing head shaking very violent sneezes. Sure enough he sneezed out at least 3 large chunks of tissue, Jazz got the largest and ate it before I could tell her to leave it, but I got the other two. I can only hope that this is from the area that is causing the swelling. The swelling has not grown any since we started the everyday neoplasene. Right now he is sleeping next to me and breathing much easier though he does have a significant nose bleed but most of it is going down his throat. I will give him a neoplasene free day then start hitting him with it again tomorrow in hopes of getting anything left behind. I think he will sleep a good part of the day as he did not sleep last night due to the panting.

Dash is one tough boy so maybe he and I can keep just one small step ahead of this cancer for awhile longer. He thanks you for your prayers and says please keep sending them.

Scout is a beautiful boy . I do like Goldens but most the people I know that have had them have lost them to cancer often before the age of 10. That said I do have a friend with a 15 soon to be 16 yr old Golden and a 13 year old one as well, Both were rescues and both had different small soft tissue and skin cancers removed in the past. They are such sweet old girls and when we go to the park for leash free play the oldest one must walk miles as she is all over that park looking for food that people have dropped, We all watch her in amazement!

I am glad to hear that Bear is doing well. Diet is important in cancer treatment and it is too bad that alot of oncologist ( human as well as vet) do not seem to see that.

As for Oscar I think had Dash known him they would have liked each other as it sounds like he was as into snacks as Dash is. Thanks for sharing Oscar's story and posting that cute photo of him. I hope your pain has lessened and that memories of him are bringing smiles instead of tears.

And yes Woofers, time is precious and maybe things like cancer happen to remind us of that.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:50 AM

137 posts, read 412,631 times
thank you for the Dash update, he is one lucky boy to have you to love him and take such good care of him. I continue to pray for the best for you both.

yes, my Oscar was a snack hound. there are permanent grooves on my pantry door cabinet from his pawing- he was quite stubborn and would scratch at that door forever until someone got up to get his treat. I was cleaning my kitchen cabinets the other day but have no intention of repairing those scratches. they are a part of my little guy.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:37 PM

15 posts, read 90,235 times
Default I am praying...

Dash should have been through rough days.
I wish it was the dark hours just before the Dawn.

I am praying and waiting for the good news for Dash.

Be strong, Dash...

Chol

Old 03-05-2009, 06:04 AM

129 posts, read 491,407 times
Scout thanks Dash because he's getting lots of extra pats and snuggles this week as I keep Dash in my thoughts.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:40 PM

31 posts, read 168,406 times
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Dash..I can tell from his picture that he is such a sweet dog. I will say an extra prayer for him tonight. I was so grateful for the support and advice I received on this forum during my ordeal with Dakota...I still miss him terribly everyday and so does his buddy Ranger. Today was just a really tough day as I was missing him so much...just hurts my heart. I really hope that someday there is a breakthrough for this disease...

Old 03-05-2009, 08:17 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,631 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/dogs/...your-pets.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs