Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:55 AM

421 posts, read 1,337,534 times

Advertisements

A cat left a nice little surprise for me outside on my deck this morning, a dead mouse. I didn't realize this until I watched my 11 month old puppy cart it away and then proceeded to share it with her sister.
I am really disgusted right now. Mice, I just can't stand.
My fear is that both puppies will get sick.
Does anyone have any info on that?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 11:29 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,937,061 times
Gross as it is, the puppy should be fine. My dog has eaten several critters - frogs, baby birds... It is really disgusting and I have a hard time accepting one of his face-washing kisses for a while, but overall - no worries!

Old 02-29-2008, 11:47 AM

1,738 posts, read 8,277,658 times
my moms dog hunts moles and eats them all the time. He'll be fine.
I swear it's a group effort. Daisy fins the mole ad then barks like (hey I did my job) and cody, bonnie and clyde all take turns digging. When the mole is located all dogs back off so Clyde can kill it. Then he backs off and Bonnie eats it. YUM!

Cody once brought me a turtle droped it at my feet and barked for me to throw it. The turtle was bigger then his head.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:05 PM

253 posts, read 1,053,986 times
Just kidz being kidz right. At least they have a system that works for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly3120 View Post
my moms dog hunts moles and eats them all the time. He'll be fine.
I swear it's a group effort. Daisy fins the mole ad then barks like (hey I did my job) and cody, bonnie and clyde all take turns digging. When the mole is located all dogs back off so Clyde can kill it. Then he backs off and Bonnie eats it. YUM!

Cody once brought me a turtle droped it at my feet and barked for me to throw it. The turtle was bigger then his head.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:29 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
When my son was about 5 he had a pet mouse. One day he held it out in his hand nose to nose with my rotty to introduce them. In one smooth move the mouse disappeared, my son had a horrified look on his face right before the blood curtailing screams. I had to pry the dogs mouth open and pull the terrified slobber covered mouse out of the dogs throat.
Thankfully everyone was ok though a bit shaken.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:34 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,758,110 times
Canines in the wild often survive on a diet consisting mostly of rodents. I don't think your dogs are so far removed from foxes and coyotes that they can't stomach a mouse.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:38 PM

335 posts, read 1,533,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soontob View Post
A cat left a nice little surprise for me outside on my deck this morning, a dead mouse. I didn't realize this until I watched my 11 month old puppy cart it away and then proceeded to share it with her sister.
I am really disgusted right now. Mice, I just can't stand.
My fear is that both puppies will get sick.
Does anyone have any info on that?
Thanks
It's only a mouse. You better get used to it.

Dogs are opportunistic eaters. They eat all kinds of disgusting stuff. I have one dog that eats other dog's poop.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:40 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,758,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot juice View Post
It's only a mouse. You better get used to it.

Dogs are opportunistic eaters. They eat all kinds of disgusting stuff. I have one dog that eats other dog's poop.
My dog eats poop, but only if it's frozen. Thank goodness warmer weather is on the way, no more poopsicles.

Old 02-29-2008, 01:51 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,601,309 times
Keep them away from the cat litter. It is a regular smorgasboard!
When I walk them on the beach, God only knows what they grab and chew on.
I was camping in the wilderness (Newfoundland) and my beagle rolled in and started eating skunk crap. The smell permeated the tent. I tried washing her in the river. No good.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:03 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
I usually have a strong stomach, but when I watched my dog eat a steaming fresh horse turd, I almost tossed my cookies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs