Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 03:50 PM

61 posts, read 251,269 times

Advertisements

I am absolute stuck on getting me a mini bull, I love these dogs I have to have one to play with and be my buddy. My wife already said its a go but I cannot find a single mini bull anywhere. Are these little guys a myth, did I miss something?

The last time I seen one it was $1000 and my mother couldn't find any info on the breeders back ground so I decided against it. She found me one breeder that was well know but lived out west and didn't have any pups available.

Does anyone know where I can look to find one, I have tried rescues with no luck and a search on the internet is nice but I am very picky when it comes to buying a dog. I have to be absolutely positive its from a good breeder and not some mill or some other shady place.

With that said does anyone have any suggestions, pictures, more good info that I might not know about the breed?

Thanks in advance for any information you could provide!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 03:59 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Miniature Bull Terrier Club of America This is their Club.
Finding a Miniature Bull Terrier Puppy (http://www.minibull.org/finding_a_puppy.htm - broken link)

DIR of breeders Directory (http://www.minibull.org/directory.htm - broken link)

Old 02-01-2008, 04:00 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,556,030 times
A mini bull????
Bull Terrier can be a general term in some circles so you have to be careful when you say that or even min bull.

Never heard of that before! wow, I can't imagine a miniture pit bull, mini american bulldog, mini english bulldog( that would be a whole mess of genetics), or mini staff bull terrier. Wow, I would be very interested to know myself.

WOW, so they do exist, brianH?

OOOOH, you mean that terrier! the Target ambassador? Spud for Budweiszer?

Old 02-01-2008, 04:21 PM

Yea, Bull Terrier Spuds, only a mini version.

Thank you BrianH

Last edited by Trickery; 02-01-2008 at 04:30 PM..

Old 02-01-2008, 04:47 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
I love the Bull Terrier though ive had no experience with a minibull, some gorgeous looking ones though.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:03 PM

A buddy of mine had one while we were stationed together in Japan, I loved that dog and so did he. (He still has the dog)

He called him Bully because thats what the dog did, bully you around till you knelt down to pet him at which time you got lots of hugs and kisses. This dog was also a ton of fun to play with, I mean he would play with you till he was exhausted and almost pass out. I have been set on getting one but finding one has been a real challenge and I like the smaller version because 40lbs of muscled love is enough, I couldnt handle one that was 80lbs with that low center of gravity!!

Old 02-02-2008, 03:18 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
There is the Standard and the Miniature.

They are beautiful dogs, but of the various bull breeds/types, these is one of the more dog-aggressive ones, so be careful with that. They need firm training from the beginning.

Princess Anne is a fan of the Bull Terrier and has a few. I'm not sure if hers are Standard or Miniature.

You might recall what one of her Bull Terriers did to the Queen's dog....

Princess's Bull Terrier Cleared, But Another Of Her Dogs Suspected Of Mauling Queen's Corgi - CBS News

They're not a dog for the inexperienced, so you might find some in rescue if you look around.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:46 PM

I didn't know the queen was a fan of mix breeding, how in the hell you get a Dorgis just boggles the mind.

That being said, I know they are quite a handful. I would rather not get one that has already matured past 2 years of age. These dogs are known to be quite head strong and I would prefer to raise up a female with my other two and get some good training as she is maturing!!

Old 03-17-2008, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 15,098 times
The Bull Terrier which played Spuds was a female Mini Bull Terrier.
Be very careful when looking for your puppy. The Mini and Standard Bulls in the USA have been interbred so deep that they are having hearing and heart problems. Please do not just buy a puppy because you can find it. Ask for the pedigree up front. My last came from Itialian and Spanish breeding. You will pay more for that, but when you look at the expense and heartache of a deaf puppy, it is worth it. There are good breaders here in the US who are concerned with the breeding and are doing all they can to get things corrected. You will find the most breeders will stated that their puppies are all sold and that is correct. They are pre-selling the puppies as a precaution of maintaining the breed. Do your research.
My Mini Bull is an absolute sweetheart and a little devil rolled all into one. Have the time and room to give it plenty of excersize. That is a must, if you want your home intact when the puppy matures. They will begind to quite down at the 1 year mark.
Also, research when you should spay or neuter. Please let then get to the one year mark or you will have a "puppy" for the lifetime of the animal.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:36 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,574,490 times
I run into one the other day. Very cute and dog friendly. The owner told me that she got him from the breeder who bred the Target ambassador. According to her, the breeder is at California. Why not track the breeder down?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs