Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:09 AM

6,591 posts, read 24,916,790 times

Advertisements

you might want to contact the breeder in cali you got your mini from, GOOD breeders have contracts reguarding rehoming the dogs you purchase from them and if there is one you can get in alot of legal trouble trying to rehome the puppy yourself without first consulting the breeder...

thats if the breeder is a repuatable responsible one...

and you do NOT want to buy a bull terrier (mini or not) from a sub par breeder or mill, the breed is too prone to health issues to risk it.

if your serious about getting a mini bull...
go through the minature bull terrier club of america, unlike general breed clubs like the akc bred specific clubs are very strict about their screening processes to accept a breeder...
"AKC registered" does NOT mean that person is a good breeder...
but if an akc breeder is also a member of their breed club (ie minature bull terrier club of america) they have passed additional screening...
you still have to do YOUR reserch, check what kind of testing is done on the parents (cerf, ofa, penhip, opti...ect) what training they do, how they raise the puppies, are puppies socilized from day one ect...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 07:19 PM

288 posts, read 694,367 times
Smile Bull Terriers.........

Sorry to be the sensible boring poster here, but ......

Firstly, bull Terriers, love em!! I aboslutely love, love, love bullie breeds

Bull Terriers are fabulous dogs, a close friend of mine had a gorgeous brindle boy.

However......

Be warned, they are very hard work!! The amount of time and effort my friend invested in her BT was admirable. They are fabulous dogs, with HUGE personalitites, but they are very strong minded and stubborn beyond belief (my friends dog used to turn to walk home in the middle of beautiful country walks when he had had enough!!).

I am by no means trying to put you off, but please make sure you know what you are getting yourself in to. These dogs are not your run of the mill dog, they are a timely investment. They can be incredibly hard work and challenging during adolescence. I don't know how much experience you have with dogs, and please I don't mean to be offensive to you, I just would hate for you to get this fab breed and then wonder what an earth you have done. They are real people dogs and if they are not well exercised, they can be destructive, so just make sure that your lifestyle suits accomodating this breed.

When it comes to personality, they are right up there, very, very funny with bundles of energy and mischevous! And endearing beyond belief. I adored my friends BT he left a paw print on my heart!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:40 PM

4,367 posts, read 4,592,584 times
Mini Bulls are one of the more rare breeds. This is evidenced by the relatively small number of them registered to the AKC.
I've had both the standard Bull Terrier and the Mini Bull, and both are an absulute delight. But as someone posted earlier, they do take a committment from the owner. They need discipline, exercise, companionship, and love.
Go to the website of the Mini Bull Club if you want to locate a good dog from a good home. Before that, be sure to read up on the traits of Bullies. They aren't the kind of dog for just anyone and in just any environment. Be sure this is what you really want, because you have to make a committment to assure the dog has a good life.
Incidentally, I have some Spuds Mackenzie trivia for one: The original Spuds was a female owned by a Chicago-area couple. The dogs name was Evil Eye, but they usually just called her Evie.
if you have more questions about the Bull Terrier, standard or mini, I'd be happy to answer!

Old 06-15-2011, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,155 times
We were a victim of a back yard breeder. Ricco had liver and kidney problems that killed him dead. I should have known better when I knew more about the breed than the breeder. I went to Cobo Hall, a big Michigan dog show and got hooked up with a breeder, breeding for show quality. We've had Isaac for 7 happy healthy years(SWEET). All three of my bullys only one at a time, have been to dog obedience school all their lives, "just what we do" anyhow I would suggest taking at least 3-4 semesters of schooling for several reasons. it gets you working with your dog, gets them socialized. I can take my dog anywhere and never worry about him with another dog, he thinks all dogs are his friend, it's a nice life style. so worth the investment of time n some money, yourbullyfriend

Old 06-16-2011, 11:37 AM

5,104 posts, read 12,622,449 times
To anyone getting a bull terrier or any other brred that is known to be "difficult" to train, I suggest you get the book When Pigs Fly. These dogs can be trained it is all in the method you use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs