Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:00 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,532,299 times

Advertisements

Tell me it isn't so. I listened to a local newscast on TV where this family had plastic surgery performed on their dog. The dog had it's ears clipped to looked presentable (don't think it was a doberman), but after the ears were clipped, the vet discovered that the dogs ears were going to flop and lay down.

So what did the family do? They had plastic surgery performed on their pet so that the ears would point up the way "they should."

Would you allow a professional to perform plastic surgery on your dog?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 11:09 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,352,667 times
Docking tails and cropping ears has always been really common for some breeds. I don't get it and wouldn't do it if I had a German shepherd, a Boxer, or a Doberman. I would only consider plastic surgery to correct a terrible deformity from an injury, and even then I'd give it serious thought.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:25 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
I agree with Tina. Tail docking and ear clipping are so sick and any show organization or breeder organization which encourages this is just as sick. Also the practice of installing fake balls after neutering is beyond comprehension.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:22 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times
My boy is getting the full treatment: tummy tuck, fur brightening (his face is fading with age), two prosthetic testicles, tail stiffening (keeps it up, not between legs), jaw alignment (he has an overbite), eye bleaching (we are tired of the goop around the eyes), and back implants so he looks tougher when he's angry.

I've gotten estimates from three Cosmetic Veterinarians, and all should be done for just under $10,000.

I'm tired of having and he's tired of being, an ordinary dog.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I agree with Tina. Tail docking and ear clipping are so sick and any show organization or breeder organization which encourages this is just as sick. Also the practice of installing fake balls after neutering is beyond comprehension.
ROFL!!! Neuticles! I had forgotten all about them! Shhh, don't let Teddy know about those. We're just telling him he's "having his tonsils out" next month...

By the way, Kim Kardashian got Neuticles implanted in her Boxer. Wow! What a surprise!...said no one, ever.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
My boy is getting the full treatment: tummy tuck, fur brightening (his face is fading with age), two prosthetic testicles, tail stiffening (keeps it up, not between legs), jaw alignment (he has an overbite), eye bleaching (we are tired of the goop around the eyes), and back implants so he looks tougher when he's angry.

I've gotten estimates from three Cosmetic Veterinarians, and all should be done for just under $10,000.

I'm tired of having and he's tired of being, an ordinary dog.
I have to assume this is sarcasm, and good sarcasm. If it isn't, then might I suggest some liposuction from the owner's brain cavity?

Old 06-11-2013, 02:37 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Of course it was sarcasm. I'm surprised that post didn't get any of that dripping sarcasm on to your keyboard as it oozed out of the screen.

I was just going to write a reply to that person to say how much I enjoyed the smart aleck comment.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:00 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,137,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Of course it was sarcasm. I'm surprised that post didn't get any of that dripping sarcasm on to your keyboard as it oozed out of the screen.

I was just going to write a reply to that person to say how much I enjoyed the smart aleck comment.
You all are with me on the silliness.

Now that I think about this further, given how popular tattoos and piercings are with people, I'm honestly surprised we don't see them on dogs. Or maybe I spoke too soon... anyone ever see a tattoo on a dog? (hope not)

Last edited by Back to NE; 06-11-2013 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-11-2013, 03:13 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
You all are with me on the silliness.

Now that I think about this further, given how popular tattoos and piercings are with people, I'm honestly surprised we don't see them on dogs. Or maybe I spoke too soon... anyone ever see a tattoo on a dog? (hope not)
Hate to break it to you but...yes. Someone posted a photo here not too long ago from some dude's FB page. He was boasting proudly the tattoo he got for his dog.

No joke.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:32 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
hey- tattoos at the point of incision (a small heart) are pretty common for females spayed. I think it is a good idea. Now if we run across a dog with a sailor tattooed on her belly---that is too much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs