Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 02:38 PM

3,629 posts, read 7,706,242 times

Advertisements

While I have been able to still consistantly purchase Interceptor it is taking more of an effort. I REALLY hope they resume production SOON...I don't give my dogs ivermectin ( one absolutely cannot have it) and I don't really want flea control in their HW meds simply because I only dose for fleas on an as needed basis. One site I saw said they were coming out with a new Interceptor that would also kill adult tapeworms and other sites indicated it was already being manufactured and sold.

Does anyone know?

The vets I have spoken with seem to have lost interest in Novartis products and moved on to others.
I can't really blame them the company not only had been negligent and ignored problems for a considerable time but also is taking seemingly forever to fix them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 05:24 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,398,992 times
I believe that I read in The Whole Dog Journal that they closed an entire plant and were moving the manufacturing that had been done there to another plant (other plants?) and yesterday when I was in Petsmart one of the people there said they were scheduled to finally get in a shipment of Capstar in a couple of days.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:39 PM

15,142 posts, read 32,459,381 times
In case it helps any......I ordered some Capstar from eBay. It's wonderful!

Old 09-21-2012, 01:16 PM

5,121 posts, read 16,637,636 times
This is all I could find. Doesn't look like Interceptor ( in the old or new form w/tapeworm protection) will be available in the US.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:13 PM

3,629 posts, read 7,706,242 times
Thanks everyone for the info....I sure hope its not only going to be available overseas!

Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 PM

5,121 posts, read 16,637,636 times
Just called the animal meds division of Novartis at (800) 332-2761 to see if there was an update regarding Interceptor since the last published update here on August 28th, 2012. The rep I spoke with stated that the info on that website is the most current information that can be "published." Novartis is awaiting a few more approvals from the FDA. Once those are given, they anticipate having Sentinel available early next year and Interceptor to follow that. She stated the difference between Sentinel and Interceptor is the lufenuron which Sentinel has which is related to flea prevention. Since fleas are a rare occurence in my area, I'd prefer to stick with Interceptor. She said that she felt that Sentinel would be a good substitute until I cant get Interceptor for my dog. Sentinel will be sold in the 6 mos quantities when it begins production early next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs