Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:39 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,468,281 times

Advertisements

Where I live if i called the media and told them someone stole my dog and won't give him back, I seriously doubt anyones going to listen to stay on the phone with me very long let alone put it on TV. Hopefully its different where you live.

What a shame, 'justice' in this country is sometimes so backwards. I'm sure if you knew how it was going to go down, you probably would have just taken him from the girl at the groomers.

I would like to know though, if this guy is loaded why can't he buck up 500 bucks for his own dog?

How far does he live from you? If the dog was out without a leash and just went on a journey and ended up in his yard..and he fell in love with it, I can see him wanting to keep it.

But he obviously did something wrong, people don't lie when they don't do anything wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 09:56 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,260,173 times
Any updates?

Old 01-13-2012, 10:53 AM

310 posts, read 1,362,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

On June 8th I let our 2 year old Basset out for her morning duties. I had a meeting so I went and got on the conference call. Thirty minutes later I went outside to holler for her, and she didn't come home.

My neighbor saw a car drive by with a young girl in it. I drove around, looked for her, repeatedly called the pound and animal refuge near me, no sign of her.

It appears as though our beautiful dog is gone. She was so sweet, she'd love on anyone.

I just hope she is being taken care of. I just hope she's ok. I wish I could see her again but I'm having to face reality that my puppy probably isn't coming back home.

I miss her desperately, and I'm not sure how long its going to take before I can begin to get over losing her. She was a very special dog. I'll take solace in my children and keeping busy, but I will always miss my dog.

I just don't know how people can steal someones pets.
Who would steal someone's pet? That's just wrong. People and dogs get attached to each other. It's like someone taking a part of your family. My heart goes out to you. <3

Old 01-13-2012, 12:08 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,984,292 times
it unfortunatly happens quite often in some areas.
some are people who just think they know better (ie see a dog in the yard and decide dogs shouldne be alone outside so they must take it)
some people think there doing the right thing, ie see a dog wandering the street and just assume it must have a bad owner that lets it wander.
some dont even think to try and find the owners in stay cases ect...

somepeople however are just mean...
they steal dogs for reserch facilities, to resell them at a profit, for breeding...or just because "hey that dog looks like my dog that died" and they decide it then becomes their property.

theres plenty of reasons i NEVER leave my dogs alone outside, but theft is indeed one of them.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:58 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,458,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
yup then you get arrested for trespassing, breaking and entering and in many cases it could be construide that YOU then stole the dog...your no good to your dog if YOUR locked away...

media, a formal police report, and a civil suit is the best way to go.
Yeah, right. Then this guy could explain where he got this dog from.

Have we really become that spineless as a society that we're willing to be abused and intimidated, just to avoid a lawsuit?

"Yes, your honor, I stole back my pet that was stolen from me. Here is the proof that I am the legal owner of this dog."

Other guy: "..."

He'd get laughed out of court, especially once the media got involved.

Anyway, since the OP hasn't updated further, I wonder if this whole thread was some sort of prank.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:18 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,984,292 times
maseman...
im no spinless fool...
i am however not stupid.
the op stated that the guy holding the dog has filed to keep the op off his property...if the op goes onto the property this WILL escalate from a civil suit...the op would be arrested for tresspassing if found on the property and could loose what stance they have in the court case to try and get the dog back...

better to be SANE, and file reports, get the media involved bring this to the publics eye and anoy the guy to death before taking him to court in a civil suit than have to fight this form a prison cell for trasspassing and lord knows what else hed try and file for...

Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,458,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
maseman...
im no spinless fool...
i am however not stupid.
the op stated that the guy holding the dog has filed to keep the op off his property...if the op goes onto the property this WILL escalate from a civil suit...the op would be arrested for tresspassing if found on the property and could loose what stance they have in the court case to try and get the dog back...
No doubt the time for aggressive action has passed. I'm saying the day I knew where my dog was, I would have went and got him, right after the police refused to do anything.

Seeing how the OP is posting in other threads but hasn't commented on this one in a while, I'm inclined to think this whole thing was a fabrication.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:06 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,260,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Seeing how the OP is posting in other threads but hasn't commented on this one in a while, I'm inclined to think this whole thing was a fabrication.
I would think we'd get some kind of update.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:28 PM

30,591 posts, read 52,333,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
No doubt the time for aggressive action has passed. I'm saying the day I knew where my dog was, I would have went and got him, right after the police refused to do anything.
I don't normally advocate violence, but you'd have to hold me back from a serious whooping if you had my dog... they say a mother will do anything to protect her child (usually true), and I'm the same way when it comes to my pets!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs