Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:22 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,114,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
I agree with Foxywench and would have documented it and filed a complaint if it was bad. Confrontation in the store and telling them your reporting them, does nothing but alert the store that they been caught doing something wrong. If they fix it by the time an inspector arrives, there is diddly the authority can do. These stores get away with it over and over. But documenting and reporting, now that can result in them being caught off guard.
Oh please .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I don't blame you BUT it might have been best to keep quiet and report them after you left. They will prepare for an inspection now that you warned them you would report them.
Im sorry but I dont agree with you they will get caught and let me guess you dont say anything and dont make waves am I right ? sorry that aint me Im italian and I speak up . You know when good men do nothing evil triumphs . remember that .

Old 01-13-2011, 03:31 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,697,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
So I guess what I am asking all of you animal lovers out there like me did I do the right thing ? or should I have kept my mouth shut ? Im just wondering .
Why ask the question if your going to get pissy when people give you an answer? You didnl;t ask for only opinions that support what you did, you asked what they throught you should have done. If you don't really want opinions or suggestions and just wanted to bang your cheat as some animal savior to get kudos, tell us that's what your after so we don;t thing your post is real and that you are honestly looking for other's opinons.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:06 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,479,921 times
Quote:
Im sorry but I dont agree with you they will get caught and let me guess you dont say anything and dont make waves am I right ? sorry that aint me Im italian and I speak up . You know when good men do nothing evil triumphs . remember that .
Yikes. Sure. What have you done other than let off steam? What you did sounds like something I'd do, but in reality it accomplishes absolutely nothing.

Valid points were made about how to do something constructive in the future - for the benefit of the animals, not you - and you dismiss them...what, because you're Italian and like to shout? You feel all better now that you've let off steam and the animals will all be well taken care of? Don't count on it.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:19 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,376,385 times
Quote:
OOps I did it again I got thrown out of another pet store cause I opened my mouth and said I was going to report them to animal control because of the smell of the place it made me nauseous . Anyway I did call and report them . the poor dogs in there you can see that they are bloated and I noticed one of the puppies had a worm coming out of its butt . I imediately said something to the girl that worked there and her response was , yeah okay so ? I said well you need to take that puppy and have it treated and she said oh I will tell the manager when she decides to get here . By then I was hopping mad and alot of the customers left out the door when they heard me talking . Well low and behold a manager came out from the back and told me i had to leave I was running customers off . I told him you better be glad im not on the phone organizing a picket line . I was so mad . My friends said i did the right thing and my husband said I could have been nicer about it LOL !! He just said looked at me and said I know that look . LOL !!!So I guess what I am asking all of you animal lovers out there like me did I do the right thing ? or should I have kept my mouth shut ? Im just wondering .
GOOD!!!!

Old 01-13-2011, 07:29 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,825,250 times
Quote:
Oh big woop, you're Italian, so is the cast on Jersey Shore. Yup, lots of respect they get.

So what good DID you do with your mouth? NOTHING.

Don't be a putz... report it. And quit being pissy when people give you a different option... even if it may be better.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:53 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,300,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
Oh big woop, you're Italian, so is the cast on Jersey Shore. Yup, lots of respect they get.

Don't be a putz... report it. And quit being pissy when people give you a different option... even if it may be better.
Actually, Snooki is Chilean, not Italian. She has zero ties to Italy. Then again, I'm sure if you asked the rest of those clowns to point out Italy on a map, they'd be confused and also probably don't speak a world of I-talian. I grew up in Jersey and most of the I-talians were from Staten Italy, er Island, not Italy. If I had a dollar for every Tony or Vinny I met while living there....

'Guidette' Snooki Has Zero Ties to Italy (She's Chilean) | PopEater.com

Sorry for the drift, back to the thread topic!

Old 01-13-2011, 08:31 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,133,745 times
Being Italian has nothing to do with this. My husband is Italian. He's not a big mouth. He carefully considers his words and actions. He's a smart man.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:54 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,014,347 times
Quote:
So I guess what I am asking all of you animal lovers out there like me did I do the right thing ? or should I have kept my mouth shut ? Im just wondering .
I think you definitely did the right thing. A bit of confrontation can be a good thing now and then.

Hopefully you reported them to animal control after being asked to leave. There's still time to organize a picket line.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post

Im sorry that you have such a deep seeded hatred for italians .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs