Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:59 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,047,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Here's a picture of Mr. Moose. (It was gloomy yesterday, so the flash made his eyes all scary looking.)
what a CUTE little fella.... he looks SO serious in this picture....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
OP, now that everyone has given you the straight poop, we need pictures of the pup (not the poop)!
reading this, it occurred to me that we haven't seen any pictures of YOUR little fella recently.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 11:14 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,968,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
what a CUTE little fella.... he looks SO serious in this picture....

reading this, it occurred to me that we haven't seen any pictures of YOUR little fella recently.......
I'll work on that this next week. I was hoping to get a good one in his first substantial snow. He's not so little anymore and next week he'll be 6 months old.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:17 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,726,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Here's a picture of Mr. Moose. (It was gloomy yesterday, so the flash made his eyes all scary looking.)
Oh, that is a good looking dog. What a sweetheart

Old 12-14-2010, 11:18 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,950,049 times
He is adorable. I hope that switching helps you. We just kept our puppies on a schedule and only fed twice a day and never had more than three poops a day - now peeing that was a different story!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:47 PM

2 posts, read 11,804 times
Thank you for this forum...I have rescued a pound puppy and he is pooping about 5 times a day...of course he is currently on antibiotics for one more week..so maybe it is the drugs that are doing it...and I am keeping food in the bowl for him all day...because he acts like he is starving ...he is on NUTRO puppy...not a cheap food.. hope that he will slow down...

Old 01-18-2013, 07:07 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,364,010 times
Food has everything to do with what comes out the other end. More digestible foods result in less waste. When we got Karma a couple months ago, she was 7 months old and being fed Science Diet at the shelter. She was a poop machine. We were stunned at the volume coming out of her. We dubbed the potty spot "Poophenge". Gah! Disgusting!!! I would never feed Science Diet regularly, so I began to transition her to Blue Buffalo Chicken and Rice. Within a week, she had smaller and far less smelly poops, and now that she is on a grain-free Blue Buffalo food, the improvement continues. Stool volume now is about half what it was two months ago, and she now only goes two or three times a day as opposed to five or six.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:59 PM

857 posts, read 976,715 times
My newest dog was doing the same thing two summers ago when I brought him home as an 11 week old puppy. I had him on Taste of the Wild and he was a poop factory. It turns out that I was feeding him way too much food. I backed off the quanity and he started pooping twice a day and he held the perfect weight.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:10 AM

2 posts, read 11,804 times
Thank you for your messages. I transition to blue buffalo and give that a try next
I have never heard of Taste of the Wild. where do you buy it? Again thanks to both posters!

Old 02-21-2013, 08:09 AM

1 posts, read 5,840 times
i have a 8month old boxer pitbull mix , she eats 2xs a day and poops none stop.. she is even going in her crate now!! Its very frustrating! We got her from someone else about 3wks ago. We went throught 3different dog foods bc she wouldnt eat any of it. Now she eat kibble and bits... Im really stuck ,but she wont stopppp pooping!!!! Someone help lol

Old 02-21-2013, 10:54 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,477,311 times
I am going to agree with the above posters and say that the quality of food is directly related how often your often your dog poops and how healthy his digestive system is. At three weeks, I think you are still in an adjustment phase. I would gradually switch to a better quality food ( search food choices on this forum for some opinions) and I would not worry too much about the not eating. I am a fan of controlled eating instead of free feed and it works for us. That way I have a good idea when and how much she is eating. I would try feeding her at the same time in the morning and the evening, leaving it down for about an hour , then taking it up. Don't worry about her not eating unless she has a medical condition. If she is hungry, she will eat. I would also limit treats . If you are using treats in training, make them small and put more emphasis on praise and pets. You would be surprised how many "snacks" and "treats" you can end up giving at the end of the day. Good luck to you and keep us posted - I hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs