Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 09:10 AM

10,722 posts, read 7,952,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
I am following the carnivore diet, and the idea is that you should only eat butter and stop all seed oils.

Butter is not the healthiest thing, but it is at least natural. Seed oils are not, and your body goes into a tizzy trying to process them...
How is a seed oil not natural? There is no evidence that nuts are unhealthful. Actually, the opposite is considered to be true-they're good for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:32 AM

22,043 posts, read 25,404,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
How is a seed oil not natural? There is no evidence that nuts are unhealthful. Actually, the opposite is considered to be true-they're good for you.
Seed oils are heavily processed, but the process isn't great. Like with white flour, the processing strips out some of the nutritional value. The other thing if you buy into the omega-6/omega-3 ratios (which there's enough evidence there that I do, at least as precaution), seed oils high in omega-6 which the average American diet is already high in while being low in omega-3.

The way I treat them is I don't use them. You're going to get plenty in prepared foodstuff as they're cheap and ubiquitous and it's easy (although does cost more) to not add any to food your make yourself. I do make an exception for sesame oil because it tastes like sesame oil. But generally you're not using a lot of sesame oil anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss