Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 07:55 AM

7,145 posts, read 12,678,151 times

Advertisements

No judgement, just an observation from my local Subway yesterday. I was standing in line with two women ahead of me to order.

The first woman, slender in body size, ordered a SMALL sub with turkey and provolone cheese on a whole wheat roll. She had added most of the vegetable choices and had it seasoned with oil/vinegar, oregano. Got no chips or cookie and asked for a glass of water.

The second woman, at least 50-75 pounds overweight, ordered a LARGE Italian cold cut sub on a white roll. Had only tomato and lettuce added, then asked for mustard and mayo and oil and vinegar and salt and pepper. Added in chips, a soda and a cookie.

Two women, same place, two ways of eating, two results. It couldn't be much clearer. Made me refrain from adding chips to my Subway meal--and I, too, got water instead of soda. Lesson learned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 02:09 AM

664 posts, read 856,044 times
LMAOOOOOOOO yeah that's me. i got the chips, and cookiessssssssss. sigh

i will work on that.

Old 11-03-2010, 07:01 PM

968 posts, read 2,590,149 times
Any processed lunch meat is bad for you. Make yourself lunch at home as much as possible.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:59 AM

Good point! Of course, you could just get a cheese/veggie Subway and avoid the nitrates in the lunch meats altogether...and I've sometimes just gotten a veggie sub and found it just fine, though I prefer the added cheese--more filling than plain veggies.

Observing the two orders ahead of me was eye-opening. Two ways of eating at the same fast food place--and two different body sizes. I wonder if both women thought they were eating healthy?

Old 11-04-2010, 05:02 PM

1,236 posts, read 4,050,034 times
Whenever I traveled I always liked to stop at a Subway for lunch cuz it was always clean and I liked the ham or turkey sandwich with lettuce/tomato/mayo on the dark bread. However, more times than not I would get a migraine headache during the trip or shortly thereafter. I finally figured out that I must be allergic to the nitrates in the deli meat.

Since stopping eating cold cuts I haven't had a headache

Old 11-05-2010, 03:46 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,339,102 times
Did the fat woman also get a diet coke

Old 11-05-2010, 03:49 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,607,839 times
Maybe the woman ordering the large was taking it home to split with someone? Just Sayin'.

Old 11-05-2010, 05:09 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
Did the fat woman also get a diet coke
LMAO. I always see that. Then they try to convince people that the diet coke tastes better than regular coke.

Eating Fat or Eating Skinny:

I think its a matter of what people enjoy. From what I have seen in my years is that fat people eat because they ENJOY it. They get great pleasure from eating. They light up even in conversation if food is the topic. Its the pleasure they get out of life - eating. Me, I look at eating simply as a means to fuel my vehicle for the next exciting thing that I will do. Sure I like food. I love seafood gumbo, Thai food, Chipotle Burritos, Tommies Burgers, Pinks Hot Dogs, but you'll never see me getting all orgasmically excited about it like a lot of fat people do when food is mentioned.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:06 PM

No, the heavier woman ate her order at the restaurant...didn't notice whether she filled her cup with diet or regular soda--hey, I've got my pride, I didn't want to snoop that much!! lol

Old 11-05-2010, 09:16 PM

1,678 posts, read 4,013,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LMAO. I always see that. Then they try to convince people that the diet coke tastes better than regular coke.

Eating Fat or Eating Skinny:

I think its a matter of what people enjoy. From what I have seen in my years is that fat people eat because they ENJOY it. They get great pleasure from eating. They light up even in conversation if food is the topic. Its the pleasure they get out of life - eating. Me, I look at eating simply as a means to fuel my vehicle for the next exciting thing that I will do. Sure I like food. I love seafood gumbo, Thai food, Chipotle Burritos, Tommies Burgers, Pinks Hot Dogs, but you'll never see me getting all orgasmically excited about it like a lot of fat people do when food is mentioned.
Just curious... do you actually eat Tommies Burgers, Pinks Hot Dogs, Chipolte Burritos, Thai, and Gumbo? In most of your posts, you seem very disciplined on what you eat and do.

Ian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss