Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 10:32 AM

75 posts, read 197,406 times

Advertisements

"Then they try to convince people that the diet coke tastes better than regular coke."

Diet Coke DOES taste better than regular Coke! I can't stand Coca Cola Classic. Drinking anything containing sugar makes me feel like something crawled into my mouth and died. D: Ew.

And I must say I "eat fat" sometimes. I'll splurge and get a yummy not-so-healthy sub. However if you eat right the rest of the time, that doesn't cancel out the healthy stuff. Sadly most people think backwards and eat crappy the majority of the time but then one lunch think "hey, I'm eating a 6 inch veggie sub, this is great! I'm so healthy today." and disregard that they normally eat at restaurants that serve double portions and drink 64 oz. of Coke a day. (at least I know quite a few girls who do that, but don't understand why they're heavy...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 11:05 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsizzler View Post
Just curious... do you actually eat Tommies Burgers, Pinks Hot Dogs, Chipolte Burritos, Thai, and Gumbo? In most of your posts, you seem very disciplined on what you eat and do.

Ian
I eat all of those things, but I dont go overboard on it. My nutrition plan (I hate the word diet so I try not to ever use it) is pretty clean for the most part, but I do on occasion eat those foods. The only time where I am super strict on what I eat is when I am on a cutting plan where I am working on losing weight and body fat %. Then, I am 100% super strict on what I eat. When Im bulking (trying to gain weight/muscle), I usually have to eat 4000 - 5000 cals per day which is not very easy to do.

I may have one can of soda per month and every couple of weeks I enjoy a mocha from Starbucks. But compared to the average person's diet, I eat very healthily.

Old 11-08-2010, 12:57 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,657,474 times
That seems very reasonable--and it's much as I do myself.

Once in a while, it's not so very terrible to have a piece of chocolate cake or a serving of French Fries.

On the rare occasion that I do deviate from my usual 'diet,' I savor every single morsel without guilt, because I know the other 98% of the time I'll be eating my usual heavy veggie, unprocessed food way of eating.

My gosh, life without a seasonal serving of home-made, fresh strawberry shortcake--with real whipped cream, mind you--is not a world I want to live in!

Old 11-08-2010, 04:50 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
That seems very reasonable--and it's much as I do myself.

Once in a while, it's not so very terrible to have a piece of chocolate cake or a serving of French Fries.

On the rare occasion that I do deviate from my usual 'diet,' I savor every single morsel without guilt, because I know the other 98% of the time I'll be eating my usual heavy veggie, unprocessed food way of eating.

My gosh, life without a seasonal serving of home-made, fresh strawberry shortcake--with real whipped cream, mind you--is not a world I want to live in!
LOL. I totally understand you this.

I think its a bit easier for me being so active all the time. But when I am cutting and trying to lose weight and fat, there is ZERO room for error so I stick to the "diet" 100% for the entire time.

Oh how I love strawberry shortcake.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:31 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,854,114 times
its funny that this came up because ive noticed the EXACT opposite around here lol.

last time i was in subway infact the woman infront of me was all of 110lbs soaking wet...she ordered 2 personal pizzas, both with extra cheese and pepperoni...made it a meal deal with 2 double chocolate chip cookies and a soda...and yes, she ate both the pizzas and refilled the large cup 3 times with regular soda...

me...i was about 350lbs at the time, i orderd a 12 inch on white (i cant do whole grain breads) chicken breast, lots of lettuce and tomatoe with salt and pepper...and a glass of water, i manged 1/2 the sub and was full...

and its not a one off...
it wasnt ever unusual for me to go out with my girlfriends and im there with a apitizer or kids entree and they are polishing off huge entrees and deserts and drinks...
me...huge...them skinny...

and its not like they realy ate healthy at home, pizza, chinese food ect...and my normal meals consited of salad with baked or broiled chickenbreast...

some people are just blessed with good metabolisms i guess, and ill admit i get a little jealous when i see them eating huge peices of chocolate cake and never gaining an ounce while im 3 hours on the treadmill to burn off the peice of chocolate cake i only thought about eating lol.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:57 PM

That skinny gal with the big appetite who consumed the mega-calories? Serve and purge, perhaps? Her meal sounds like a binge meal...

Old 11-08-2010, 10:30 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,552 times
Quote:
No, the heavier woman ate her order at the restaurant...
This reminds me of something I saw last Friday at the grocery store. A heavyset husband and wife had made themselves sandwiches in the grocery store and were eating them IN THE STORE. Seriously they were taking bread out of a package and putting lunch meat...looked like ham slices... on it in the bread aisle. Good grief if you have 75-100 lbs of fat to subsist off of you will not starve to death in 30 minutes while you shop and then drive home before fixing something to eat.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:53 PM

Well, I don't know, there are times when my blood sugar drops that I've been tempted to rip a doughnut out of the hands of an 92 year old and chow down...

Just kidding, that's kind of unusual, what you saw, sandwich-making in the grocery aisles..they must have been mega-hungry...

Old 11-09-2010, 10:17 PM

1,054 posts, read 3,859,552 times
Quote:
Well, I don't know, there are times when my blood sugar drops that I've been tempted to rip a doughnut out of the hands of an 92 year old and chow down...

Just kidding, that's kind of unusual, what you saw, sandwich-making in the grocery aisles..they must have been mega-hungry...
I'll be looking out for you in the bakery dept every time I go to the store. I don't want to get in your way...

Old 11-11-2010, 08:44 AM

9 posts, read 12,440 times
Take a very small bite and say uhmmmmm! This is delicious, but I want to stay healthy and not get into bad habits. Let me teach you how to make some healthier snacks and desserts.

Removed signature - no advertising allowed.

Last edited by tao; 11-11-2010 at 12:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss