Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 10:36 AM

73 posts, read 232,280 times

Advertisements

If you're ripped who the freak cares what you weigh??!

When I was ripped in my 20's and 30's I could afford to gain a few. It was incredibly easy to lose it back then. Not now. My daughter is an uber-athlete and she's ripped. She doesn't stress about gaining a few lbs here and there because it's easy to lose and you don't really lose muscle tone when you gain the kind of weight you're describing, after doing the kind of activity you're describing.

It sounds like your body is pushing back on your regimen so take a breather and be kind to it. Do a spa, get a massage, whatever.... (I'm a massage therapist).

By the way, enjoy it - this active phase you're in. You probably won't be doing this **** in your 50's or 60's. I was one who said, "oh no I'm not getting 'old' or 'gain 30 lbs' - I'm gonna be an athlete until I'm 80!" At 53 everything changed so like I said enjoy it. Enjoy what you have and don't let it become an OCD or an addiction. Be balanced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 02:27 PM

354 posts, read 713,672 times
Well...if you think about it, 10 miles over 4 days really isn't that much...that averages out to 2.5 miles/day--or how much I walk my dogs in ADDITION to running 6-8 miles a day (and NOT eating Sonic). Granted, I run marathons, so I am not a typical person, but 2.5 miles is still only a fairly moderate walk at best--especially if you(admittedly) havn't been eating well. Still, I'm not convinced you should have gained 8lbs. That, I agree, sounds excessive--are you sure you didn't put on some muscle? If you are not used to this type of exercise, your muscles would be stressed, and could retain a bit of water due to that too. I always put on a couple after a marathon(and pee it out later, as the soreness goes away) hope that helps.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:17 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,536,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningncircles1 View Post
...how much... not what.
Thats right. People always tells me, oh, don't eat after 6 pm, or don't eat this or don't eat that. But in the long run is the amount you eat that counts. How many calories you consume in a 24 hour period. Hiking everyday might burn a lot of calories, but obviously eating tons of calories everyday too will most likely exceed the calories burned, and you will gain weight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss